Your favorite Rush concert shirt

GeminiRising79

What's your favorite Rush concert shirt? I love these old t-shirts, even the bootleg ones from Pakistan(sometimes they're nicer than the real ones). Remember the hemispheres one with A,G,&N flanked by marijuana leaves, lol?

My first Rush shirts were two versions of the Moving Pictures tour shirts. One was the basic-looking MP baseball shirt and the other version was very unusual. I remember it as being black with only about three colors constructed in a pattern of dots..very abstract & basic looking, but nice (anyone know which one I'm talking about?). My all time favorite is the orange hemispheres transfer on the black shirt. I used to own one, but it was too small for me. I recently just missed an auction for an XL of this shirt...aaargh!

Signals New World Tour shirt. Baseball jersey, black sleeves. First rush tour shirt from the first - and best - rush show i ever attended. Alas, its long gone.

My other favorite shirt was from the same tour, from the radio city run, also gone. Black sleeveless tee with the dog in front, new world tour and map on back, with the dates and a big red SOLD OUT across. I've tried to see if this one was on ebay or on an archive site, but obviously its incredible rare.

I really wish the backstage club would start selling the standard black tour shirt again, not that ugly newfangled one they just put up with the euro dates on back).

my first was a black sleeveless from the Grace Under Pressure (warmup) Tour. The p/g was glow in the dark pink

I have two now...a black with red sleeves baseball shirt from Vapor Trails...i have worn that to death.

and the R30 button front baseball jersey black/red/grey accenting

I LOVE that shirt 1022.gif my brother and I had purchased them (we each got one) at Jones Beach if I recall, and then went to the PNC show wearing them--we got LOTS of thumbs up new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My Hold Your Fire tshirt and sweatshirt.

The tshirt is white with the juggler on the front and the tour dates on the back.

The sweatshirt is white with RUSH in big red letters written vertically down the front.

I was always partial to my Grace Under Pressure shirt. Too partial; I wore that poor sucker out.

There's a company that will make quilts out of old concert tees (or whatever). I wish this had been possible a few years ago, because I would have purchased spares just for the purpose of having one of those quilts. (I realize that the concept is probably more attractive to a female fan!)

QUOTE (Mara @ May 16 2009, 05:47 PM)
I was always partial to my Grace Under Pressure shirt. Too partial; I wore that poor sucker out.

There's a company that will make quilts out of old concert tees (or whatever). I wish this had been possible a few years ago, because I would have purchased spares just for the purpose of having one of those quilts. (I realize that the concept is probably more attractive to a female fan!)

Or you can sew up the neck, arms and bottom and make them into pillows.

I would do that with my red HYF shirt if I only still had it.. fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

First Rush concert and T-shirt from the Permanent Waves tour where I saw them in Hamilton, ON at Ivor Wynn Stadium (aka I never win - haha TI-Cats).

Fave was moving pictures... felt like we fans were on top of the world back then (still are, but felt back then like our secret club finally got noticed).

First Rush shirt was a generic starman one I got when I was like 13 from some website like bandtees.com or something like that.

First concert shirt was the R30 one with the dragon.

Favorite Rush shirt is an ancient Power Windows Tour 85-86 one that has the album art on the front and tourdates on the back. I think I traded a guy a few concert boots for it because he had some old shirts he wanted to get rid of. He had a Presto one he gave me too. This has to be 5 years ago. My mom hates that shirt because it's so thin and worn-out and she thinks the guy on the front looks like a heroin addict, but I love it and still wear it.

Well I have been the proud owner of 4 Rush tour T's. The first was a red Starman T from the Hemispheres tour (Didn't like the actual Hemispheres shirt too much). It quickly faded to a pinkish shirt, but the logo was still intact - loved it.

Next was a PW tour T. Can only remember that it was grey, and had the tour dates on the back.

Next came a Signals tour T. The amount of people that asked what the shirt was about was unbelievable. I mean a dog standing beside a hydrant, what more signal do you need?

Finally, purchased a Hemet and Swords T from the S&A tour. Don't wear it much and I don't really know why!

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 16 2009, 04:13 PM)
Signals New World Tour shirt. Baseball jersey, black sleeves. ......

Yup, same shirt for me, and it is long gone too.....

QUOTE (ProfGumby @ May 17 2009, 05:58 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 16 2009, 04:13 PM)
Signals New World Tour shirt.  Baseball jersey, black sleeves. ......

Yup, same shirt for me, and it is long gone too.....

This one would be my choice. Mine was missing the black ink, which I always thought made it look pretty cool. I wonder where it is...?

My favorite T-shirt was my first, a Grace Under Pressure baseball jersey, with black 3/4 length sleeves, the album cover on the front, and dates on the back. I wore it first thing out of the wash, everytime.

It was ripped off my back during a playful water fight, which had turned violent.

And... holy crap, The Backstage Club has the shirt again! (Only with the egg/vise design on the back instead of tourdates.) Can you say, 'Father's Day gift'?

http://www.rushbackstage.com/store/assets/images/products/rush/MensApparel/RUGP301002L.jpg

QUOTE (fritz44 @ May 17 2009, 06:42 PM)
Well I have been the proud owner of 4 Rush tour T's. The first was a red Starman T from the Hemispheres tour (Didn't like the actual Hemispheres shirt too much). It quickly faded to a pinkish shirt, but the logo was still intact - loved it.

Next was a PW tour T. Can only remember that it was grey, and had the tour dates on the back.

Next came a Signals tour T. The amount of people that asked what the shirt was about was unbelievable. I mean a dog standing beside a hydrant, what more signal do you need?

Finally, purchased a Hemet and Swords T from the S&A tour. Don't wear it much and I don't really know why!

Yeah I had 3 of the shirts you had (don't have a S&A's shirt).

I liked the Hemispheres shirt but they had sold out by the time I got to the merch stall.

I also had the 2112/ATWAS UK tour shirt from '77 & the AFTK UK tour shirt from '78

Don't have any of them now.................DOH!!!

First shirt was the same as GeddyRulz above. I loved that shirt and eventually, literally, wore it out. It was a prized possession without a doubt.

About 10 years ago, the wife threw out (without my knowledge) all of my old tour shirts from GUP to CP. I was PISSED! laugh.gif

I think my fave is my VT shirt simply for sentimental reasons: The band I loved and thought was dead was triumphantly rising like a Phoenix, rocking the house and sounding better than ever. Damn, it was good to see them again on that tour. It was like an old, dear friend that you hadn't seen in years coming by for a visit. It was so great. Yup, my VT shirt is my fave.

First was a Signals baseball shirt, grey w/ black sleeves.

Favorite........I dunno.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 21 2009, 05:53 PM)
About 10 years ago, the wife threw out (without my knowledge) all of my old tour shirts from GUP to CP. I was PISSED! laugh.gif

A crime worthy of applying the "rule of thumb".

My wife and I`s Roll the Bones, and Presto Tour Shirts!! And yes, I can still wear them comfortably!! :-)

Ya`ll take care

I recall a friend of mine wearing a starman and RUSH sweatshirt from PeW I think and the graphic was in a phased rainbow. To this day I have never seen another one.

I still have my clabberboard MP, my White HYF and R30. Can only just squeeze the first one on and don't want to because of its fragility, wear my R30 most because only other RUSH fans will know what it is.

Archived