The Beatles, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones or The Who?

The Cat 3

The Beatles, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones or The Who?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. The Beatles, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones or The Who?

I have been listening to the Beatles since I was a little kid, they are part of my psyche. They are comforting to me.

They are my blanket. Beatles are my binky! :LOL:

• Like 2

This is the first song by The Kinks I heard as a kid in the early 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mIj-jedeRA

The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, and The Who continued to record new music beyond the 60's into subsequent decades.

Even though in the early 90's when George Harrison, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr took John Lennon's late 70's demos of 'Free as a Bird' and 'Real Love' and turned them into Beatles-type songs, I'm still debating whether this counts as recording new music.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

The Beatles. It's not an easy choice. I picked them over the Stones because I think there was just more "there" to their music.

I agree...I "had to" go with The Beatles and then I went with my favourite of the four instead.

The Beatles are truly heads and shoulders above the rest.

• Like 2

Boring hippie nonsense......all four can f**k right off.

:LOL:

...Although I don't think The Who qualify as hippies.

This is the first song by The Kinks I heard as a kid in the early 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mIj-jedeRA

The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, and The Who continued to record new music beyond the 60's into subsequent decades.

Even though in the early 90's when George Harrison, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr took John Lennon's late 70's demos of 'Free as a Bird' and 'Real Love' and turned them into Beatles-type songs, I'm still debating whether this counts as recording new music.

Love this Kinks song along with Living On a Thin Line from the same album. Saw the tour as well, front row of the balcony at The Paramount in Seattle.

• Like 1

The Beatles. It's not an easy choice. I picked them over the Stones because I think there was just more "there" to their music.

I agree...I "had to" go with The Beatles and then I went with my favourite of the four instead.

Like you, I just did Who and Stones marathons. Great, great work across the board from both. There's just more texture to The Beatles' albums.

The Who, however, IMO had the best debut album.

• Like 1

Like you, I just did Who and Stones marathons. Great, great work across the board from both. There's just more texture to The Beatles' albums.

The Who, however, IMO had the best debut album.

The Beatles had more colors in their paintbox. And George Martin.

Anyway, the any band on the Mount Rushmore of British Invasion bands is top notch. You just can't go wrong.

• Like 2

Love the Who, love the Stones, love what I've heard from the Kinks...

but The Beatles just steal the show here. You don't have [insert any musical group or artist you like post-1964] without The Beatles, or at least they aren't going to be nearly the same.

• Like 2