In the age where many of our favorite musicians are passing on, who would you like to see play together?

Personally, I'm curious as to what a trio with Eric Clapton, Carl Palmer, and Geddy Lee would sound like.
  • Like 2

They`d probably sound bloody terrible together, but Bob Dylan, Eddie Van Halen and Neil Young... I`m constantly anxious about the second one and hope he`s got a few happy years ahead of him still.
  • Like 1

Alex Geddy Rick Wakeman Jon Anderson Bill Bruford. Half of Rush and Half of Yes. The name of the band would sound like someone's dentures that are slipping: YESH.
  • Like 4

Alex Geddy Rick Wakeman Jon Anderson Bill Bruford. Half of Rush and Half of Yes. The name of the band would sound like someone's dentures that are slipping: YESH.

:LOL:

Would be awesome to see and hear though, yes.

• Like 1

Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Jon Carin (best replacement for Rick)

What exactly would Roger Waters bring to the party, apart from someone to play his bass parts?

I think the implication is that Roger would be playing his own bass lines again.

Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Jon Carin (best replacement for Rick)

What exactly would Roger Waters bring to the party, apart from someone to play his bass parts?

For me, it would mainly be a sentimental thing. Waters and Gilmour created so much magic together on those Floyd albums and although I know they're never gonna be best friends, I'd just like to see them put aside the bickering and perform together once more before anyone else passes on. If they did one pay-per-view charity gig, they could raise SO much cash for good causes (like virus cure research).

I think the implication is that Roger would be playing his own bass lines again.

Ha Ha, well Dave Gilmour played most of the more interesting bass lines anyway!

For me, it would mainly be a sentimental thing. Waters and Gilmour created so much magic together on those Floyd albums and although I know they're never gonna be best friends, I'd just like to see them put aside the bickering and perform together once more before anyone else passes on. If they did one pay-per-view charity gig, they could raise SO much cash for good causes (like virus cure research).

I guess this was the last time? And it's already been 15 years since then.

I read before that they turned down a massive sum of money to tour together again but turned it down. Waters said he'd do a one-off charity event which is what you're talking about but Gilmour doesn't want any of that. Then again, he said that (also) 15 years ago.

http://youtu.be/Twb65Ov67ZA

Rainbow with Ritchie and Graham Bonnet

Ozzy with Jake

AC/DC with Brian

Marillion with Fish

John Sykes with anyone

Sadly, for differing reasons, I doubt any of this is remotely likely

I’m going to poop on the spirit of this thread, and say...

...there’s plenty of good live music to go out and see in this day and age, without fantasizing about which 60-70-80 year olds I might like to see play together now.

Okay, carry on. ;)

Personally, I'm curious as to what a trio with Eric Clapton, Carl Palmer, and Geddy Lee would sound like.

Cream Mark II ?

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

Cream Mark II ?

Just those three playing whatever they want. A bit of Cream, a bit of ELP, and a bit of Rush.

• Like 1

Cream Mark II ?

Just those three playing whatever they want. A bit of Cream, a bit of ELP, and a bit of Rush.

CLP