What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

Reading that gender reveal parties are transphobic, according to Demi Lovato. They're stupid and a fad that will pass, but they aren't transphobic.

Maybe just go back to baby showers?

Either way, be sure not to burn down your neighborhood.

• Like 3

We sure do want our state to get that federal money but we reserve the right to be clueless idiots.

Like passing a "covid relief package" which bails out states who've mismanaged their finances and have billions of projected unfunded liabilities in their pension plans that predate COVID.

Oh, wait, it's not like that at all. We LIKE the party who controls those states so that's not a problem.

Texas thinks the federal government is bad until they screw things up and expects a handout and bites the hand too. I was referring to the power outage, didn't bring the Covid bill into it. But how about the states who don't want to follow science and not wear masks but cry when they don't get enough vaccine. Trying to have it both ways.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

We sure do want our state to get that federal money but we reserve the right to be clueless idiots.

Like passing a "covid relief package" which bails out states who've mismanaged their finances and have billions of projected unfunded liabilities in their pension plans that predate COVID.

Oh, wait, it's not like that at all. We LIKE the party who controls those states so that's not a problem.

Texas thinks the federal government is bad until they screw things up and expects a handout and bites the hand too. I was referring to the power outage, didn't bring the Covid bill into it. But how about the states who don't want to follow science and not wear masks but cry when they don't get enough vaccine. Trying to have it both ways.

You'll probably like this op-ed piece:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/17/texas-shows-that-when-you-cannot-govern-you-lie-lot/

• Like 1

You'll probably like this op-ed piece:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/17/texas-shows-that-when-you-cannot-govern-you-lie-lot/

Unfettered free markets don't work well for natural monopolies like a power grid. Texas' situation is an inexcusable debacle.
  • Like 2

I suppose blue states should get more vaccine, as they lead in fatality rates.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/us-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-july-1.html

https://www.beckersh...ate-july-1.html

And they lead in inefficiency, so they should get more in that more are needed to vaccinate the same amount of people.

And they lead in inefficiency, so they should get more in that more are needed to vaccinate the same amount of people.

Texas sucks so bad. That's why all those smart and cultured people from CA, IL, NJ and NY are moving there. Texas sucks so hard, just like that hell-hole Florida.

• Like 2

Texas sucks so bad. That's why all those smart and cultured people from CA, IL, NJ and NY are moving there. Texas sucks so hard, just like that hell-hole Florida.

As long as they leave their politics behind.

:oops: I forgot we weren't supposed to talk politics here. ;)

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

As long as they leave their politics behind.

:oops: I forgot we weren't supposed to talk politics here. ;)

That is a real concern I have unlike rising sea levels.

I was out yesterday and ended up behind a big, nice extended cab pickup, at a stop sign. When I saw the back window, I was laughing really hard!

Letters on the back window- "4 doors 4 more Whores!" and "MILFs, hop in!"

I guess it's good when people are comfortable with their sexuality? :facepalm:

• Like 2

They have bigger populations and they were not given supplies they needed during the breakout. Ask Jared.

Maybe they will raise the IQ of the locals, or it's a liberal plot :D Florida is even worse, just turn out the lights because it is a lost cause.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

I was out yesterday and ended up behind a big, nice extended cab pickup, at a stop sign. When I saw the back window, I was laughing really hard!

acdbb82a1cd995b9e99a87cf8455c1d95e5d054cc33ede8bdb65053e5355b6a4_1.jpg

• Like 4

They have bigger populations...

Texas, Florida, have much larger populations yet are far down the list in terms of fatality rates. Florida and New York are almost identical in population density, yet their fatality rates are 144 per 100,000 and 242 per 100,000. When it comes to COVID, the "red states bad", "blue states good" doesn't really bear much fruit when the data is given much scrutiny.

acdbb82a1cd995b9e99a87cf8455c1d95e5d054cc33ede8bdb65053e5355b6a4_1.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I've seen those on social media grasp at straws saying Mia Farrow coached Dylan to make the allegations on video regarding that HBO documentary. There's an old saying about how children don't lie. Being great at your craft doesn't give you a pass on anything. To hell with Woody Allen and Polanski as human beings. These desperate sheep are no better than those who defend Trump and Kavanaugh because he's their kind of party.

And screw Cuomo as well. I believe the accusations there as well.

• Like 3

I've seen those on social media grasp at straws saying Mia Farrow coached Dylan to make the allegations on video regarding that HBO documentary. There's an old saying about how children don't lie. Being great at your craft doesn't give you a pass on anything. To hell with Woody Allen and Polanski as human beings. These desperate sheep are no better than those who defend Trump and Kavanaugh because he's their kind of party.

Agree all the way around. Almost always, where there's smoke there's fire and there's plenty of smoke around Cuomo right now as there was with trump and Kananaugh.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 2

Agree all the way around. Almost always, where there's smoke there's fire and there's plenty of smoke around Cuomo right now as there was with trump and Kananaugh.

The Kavanaugh thing was complete bullshit and there's no way any kind of sentient adult should have taken it seriously for a millisecond.

As I get older, the more I think I could live in FL during the winter. Not sure about the summer. A couple years back we did a short trip to Orlando in late August before the kids went back to school just for a little fun. We went out to the pool one afternoon after going to the parks and it felt like we were on the sun.

As I get older, the more I think I could live in FL during the winter. Not sure about the summer. A couple years back we did a short trip to Orlando in late August before the kids went back to school just for a little fun. We went out to the pool one afternoon after going to the parks and it felt like we were on the sun.

Summers are unbearable but it's nice having a picnic in the park on New Year's Day.

• Like 1

You get used to as you aged with your blood thinning.

• Like 1

The Kavanaugh thing was complete bullshit and there's no way any kind of sentient adult should have taken it seriously for a millisecond.

Oh, I love playing Spot the Fallacy. I think that one's "Poisoning the Well," implying the question is already settled, but it might also be "ad hominem," given the implication of "sentient adult."

Good stuff. What's next?

Seriously, though, Cuomo's in trouble.

• Like 2

Oh, I love playing Spot the Fallacy. I think that one's "Poisoning the Well," implying the question is already settled, but it might also be "ad hominem," given the implication of "sentient adult."

Good stuff. What's next?

Seriously, though, Cuomo's in trouble.

Not one piece of corroborating evidence was given for Blasey Ford's account while her account was contradicted multiple times. Maybe you could come up with a better descriptor for those who bought her story, be my guest.

• Like 1