Top 5 Iron Maiden albums & Top 5 Iron Maiden songs.

maiden to hell with goodhell Steve Arry Bruce Dickheadson Nicko McBraindead Adrian from Rocky Dave hes a Worry

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Fridge

Fridge

The Freezable Fridge™

• Members *
  • 10600 posts
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

Killers

Debut

Powerslave

Number of the beast

Piece of Mind

Hallowed be thy Name

Powerslave

Murders in the Rue Morgue

Remember Tommorrow.

Children of the Damned.

Edited by Fridge, 08 January 2019 - 05:23 PM.

Sponsored Post

#42 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 67539 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:46 PM

View PostFridge, on 08 January 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

Children of the Damned.
:haz:

#43 GeddyLeeRoth

GeddyLeeRoth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Interests:My family. Music- Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal. Revisionist History and Anthropology, UFOlogy, Astronomy, Tolkein, Game Of Thrones (books), 60s-early 90's comic books.

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

1. The Number Of The Beast
2. Seventh Son
3. Piece Of Mind
4. Powerslave
5. (tie) Somewhere In Time/Killers

1.Phantom Of The Opera
2. Aces High
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name
4. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
5. Caught Somewhere In Time

#44 Mosher

Mosher

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 900 posts
  • Interests:Geography, music, basketball, philosophy, fantasy, writing, world-building

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

Maiden albums:

1: Powerslave--- I love Maiden, and this one is their best.

The next four, no order:

2: Piece of Mind
3: Killers
4: Iron Maiden
5: Dance of Death

(many others of other days would be there)

Songs:
In no order and definitely something that would change day to day:

1: Paschendale
2: Rime of the Ancient Mariner
3: Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
4: To Tame a Land
5: Phantom of the Opera

Edited by Mosher, 16 January 2019 - 01:17 PM.

#45 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 67539 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 20 December 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 20 December 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 20 December 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 20 December 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Well...seeing as I've only heard 4 of their albums....I'll just rank those

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Number of the Beast
Powerslave
Piece of Mind

then top five songs...
Infinite Dreams
2 Minutes to Midnight
22 Acacia Avenue
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Children of the Damned

kind of odd that SSoaSS only has one song in my top five and Number has three, yet I rank SSoaSS over Number...oh well.
You need to listen to Somewhere in Time, Killers and Iron Maiden and then Live After Death.

Aye, I'm sure it won't be long before I get another album. I picked up SSoaSS just over the summer, and that was months ago.

Have you heard any songs with Paul Di'anno on vocals? If not, you may be in for a huge disappointment having already heard so much with Bruce as their singer. I got the cassette of Killers from my friend back in high school having no idea there was a different vocalist before Dickinson. I had already heard everything from the 80s with Bruce and loved it all. So, Di'anno's voice was quite the surprise to me at first. In fact, I disliked it so much I wrote off those first two Maiden albums for many years. Only accepting the live versions of those songs with Bruce.

Just thought I would give you a heads up just in case.
Figured you for a noob.

;)

#46 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 12366 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

View Postgoose, on 16 January 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

The Number of the Beast
Powerslave
Piece of Mind

then top five songs...
Infinite Dreams
2 Minutes to Midnight
22 Acacia Avenue
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Children of the Damned

kind of odd that SSoaSS only has one song in my top five and Number has three, yet I rank SSoaSS over Number...oh well.
You need to listen to Somewhere in Time, Killers and Iron Maiden and then Live After Death.

Aye, I'm sure it won't be long before I get another album. I picked up SSoaSS just over the summer, and that was months ago.

Have you heard any songs with Paul Di'anno on vocals? If not, you may be in for a huge disappointment having already heard so much with Bruce as their singer. I got the cassette of Killers from my friend back in high school having no idea there was a different vocalist before Dickinson. I had already heard everything from the 80s with Bruce and loved it all. So, Di'anno's voice was quite the surprise to me at first. In fact, I disliked it so much I wrote off those first two Maiden albums for many years. Only accepting the live versions of those songs with Bruce.

Figured you for a noob.

;)

Nah, got into Maiden right about the time Bruce left them in 1993 or so. Rush and Maiden have been my top two bands for a very long time now.

As I said before, I do appreciate the first two albums much more now. I still firmly believe that in getting rid of Paul and hiring Bruce the band lost nothing but gained everything. The songwriting quality and overall experience of listening to them took a major leap forward with Bruce.

#47 bathory

bathory

Book Würm

• Members *
  • 11087 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:05 PM

I enjoy every new maiden album but they have been writing the same tune at varying lengths since 2000. nothing after seventh son is as good as killers, phantom, rue morgue, wrathchild, etc

#48 Mosher

Mosher

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 900 posts
  • Interests:Geography, music, basketball, philosophy, fantasy, writing, world-building

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

View Postbathory, on 17 January 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

I enjoy every new maiden album but they have been writing the same tune at varying lengths since 2000. nothing after seventh son is as good as killers, phantom, rue morgue, wrathchild, etc

Not even Paschendale? I think that's easily one of their best ever and my favorite era is the Quest-Seventh period.

#49 Mosher

Mosher

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 900 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 17 January 2019 - 12:48 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 16 January 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

The Number of the Beast
Powerslave
Piece of Mind

then top five songs...
Infinite Dreams
2 Minutes to Midnight
22 Acacia Avenue
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Children of the Damned

Figured you for a noob.

;)

Nah, got into Maiden right about the time Bruce left them in 1993 or so. Rush and Maiden have been my top two bands for a very long time now.

As I said before, I do appreciate the first two albums much more now. I still firmly believe that in getting rid of Paul and hiring Bruce the band lost nothing but gained everything. The songwriting quality and overall experience of listening to them took a major leap forward with Bruce.

I think Maiden lost a lot with Paul, I think he's perfect for those albums and Bruce added nothing to those songs.

That said, Bruce is a FAR superior song writer and of course his vocals are part of Maiden's trademark now. He definitely is the better person for the band.

#50 Derek19

Derek19

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:31 AM

As the other similar thread, with this one, I think, and feel that I'm not able to name my personal top five Iron Maiden c.ds, and albums, and songs.  Not including "the X Factor, and Virtual XI", which I haven't liked, I've liked all of other Iron Maiden's recorded, and released material of songs.

Edited by Derek19, 13 February 2019 - 12:32 AM.

#51 ozzy85

ozzy85

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3636 posts
  • Interests:Metal. Beer. Powerbelching. \m/

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:01 PM

Somewhere In Time has been a long-standing favorite. I'll just go ahead and nominate a couple of songs. Sea of Madness and Stranger In A Strange Land. Best album cover if you have vinyl.
Never was entirely crazy about the first album, but Killers is awesome. Ides/Wrathchild rocks. Love Prodigal Son.
I'll give Number the nod for the first time I ever heard Maiden. Someone brought a cassette with them in high school Electronics class. Thanks, dude.
Brave New World is a Killer(s) :laughing guy: comeback for Bruce.
As of today, I'll put in for Piece Of Mind. Lotsa great albums, their newer stuff is good also.

#52 Texas King

Texas King

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2025 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:34 PM

Top 5 albums:
1. Powerslave
2. Piece of Mind
3. Number of the Beast
4. 7th Son of the 7th Son
5. Iron Maiden

Top 5 songs:
Powerslave
Hallowed be thy Name
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Phantom of the Opera
Revelations

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maiden, to hell with goodhell, Steve Arry, Bruce Dickheadson, Nicko McBraindead, Adrian from Rocky, Dave hes a Worry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users