Most treasured item in your Rush collection?

MalformedEarthborn

I have a 24 KT gold plated CD of "Signals" (I got it at the Wherehouse yearsss ago)

I have traveled a LOT in the past 2 decades so a bunch of my Rush collection got played to death or sold at yard sales. No biggie I was going to upgrade all of it anyways.

• Like 4

It's not very grand as collectibles go, but my cassette copy of _Grace Under Pressure_ that I bought at K-Mart -- my first Rush purchase -- still means a lot to me. Even as I type this, it is in the bottom drawer of the desk where I'm sitting. I remember seeing it on the rack (remember the vertical racks for cassettes?) and asking my mom if I could get it. My course was set that day; so much else in my life branched from that choice.

My ticket stub to KC '86, my first show, is pretty special, too.

• Like 4

Most treasured item?

Probably the 45s.... the most vintage I have is a white-label promo of Closer to the Heart/Madrigal.

In time it'd be great to get more of the singles (and they don't have to be promos!) but they are pricey....

The Japanese one or the one from the US? The Japanese 45 is really difficult to get.

Most treasured item?

Probably the 45s.... the most vintage I have is a white-label promo of Closer to the Heart/Madrigal.

In time it'd be great to get more of the singles (and they don't have to be promos!) but they are pricey....

The Japanese one or the one from the US? The Japanese 45 is really difficult to get.

US. I'd have stated if it was Japanese.. :) That would be even more special!

• Like 1

Most treasured item?

I've been semi-seriously looking for one of those Japanese 45's too.

As it's not one of my favorite studio songs I haven't been as obsessed with the idea as I would be if it were a favorite..

• Like 1

Most treasured item?

I've been semi-seriously looking for one of those Japanese 45's too.

As it's not one of my favorite studio songs I haven't been as obsessed with the idea as I would be if it were a favorite..

I hear ya --- I actually want to acquire a few other choice US singles first (especially 2112-Temples, and the live Fly by Night/In The Mood).

• Like 2

I've got to dig them out, but of the actual, physical items, it would be the ticket stubs from May 9th 1980 @ The Palladium and Sept 25th 1980 at The Spectrum ..

Of course, the memories of those two nights top any ticket stub .. That May '80 show changed my life, and the opening chords to 2112 still ring through my body - I've got a pic somewhere of my friends in the car on the way there - we were all of 12 or 13 years old, and my friend Stu was so excited that he bit thru his lip during the car ride - he had blood all over the collar of his shirt ..

Going to the show at The Spectrum, my friend Rex was obsessively eating orange Tic Tacs -- the entire 2 hour car ride ... He missed all of opener Saxon because of explosive diarrhea

I remember my first Rush concert, I was 14 when they played HYF at the Pittsburgh Civic Arena. I told my mom the next day that I wanted to learn how to play guitar. I have been playing ever since and released our first EP with my husband and our band SpunJacked in May. I am grateful that I found musicianship through Rush.
  • Like 4

My original Hemispheres LP (I bought a second at some point because I wanted one that would be forever pristine). As a thirteen year old back in '78 I thought that the most magical album ever. I still think that might be true. When I finish our basement rec room I'll be putting in a nice sound system with a record player. That will probably be the first record I spin (2013's Change Becomes Us by Wire will be #2).
  • Like 3

I would say my brother’s 3/4 sleeve Signals tour shirt (he died in 1986)...but I don’t know whatever happened to it. :(

“Though it’s just a memory, some memories last forever.” So true.

Outside of that, I would say the ticket stub to my first Rush show. To think that I held it in my hands to get into that show, nearly 30 years ago...and I still have it. I still have all of my other Rush stubs, too.

• Like 4

I would say my brother’s 3/4 sleeve Signals tour shirt (he died in 1986)...but I don’t know whatever happened to it. :(

“Though it’s just a memory, some memories last forever.” So true.

Outside of that, I would say the ticket stub to my first Rush show. To think that I held it in my hands to get into that show, nearly 30 years ago...and I still have it. I still have all of my other Rush stubs, too.

I don't what happened to my Hold Your Fire t-shirt from my first concert, I have all of my other shirts. I still have my HYF ticket stub. Those are some of the most treasured hours of my life at those shows. All of my experiences unique and personal.

• Like 2

My complete LP vinyl collection and the silver edition hardback of Clockwork Angels :)

Sounds like a lot more than one “most treasured item”. :LOL:

All the LPs and that silver edition CA hardback vs each other, which ONE would you keep?

Oh the music every time :)

If you asked for just one LP... probably Counterparts. It took a lot of finding and i do like that album :)

Edited by Smegger68
  • Like 1

most sentimental - my 1st copy of Hemispheres This is the album where Rush became my favorite band displacing Aerosmith/Led Zeppelin/Kiss. If I could ever get the guys to sign one thing, this would be it

most valuable/difficult to replace - I'm kinda cheap but back over a decade ago I broke down, opened up the purse strings and bought myself an actual Gold Record Award from McClear Place, they were closing up shop and had old gear and other office contents to auction. I snagged the Presto Gold Record and wished I had the money to buy the HYF and ASOH and a couple of Kim Mitchell records.

• Like 2

Original HYF t-shirt and programme when the guys visited Birmingham NEC in 89- absolutely awesome night, and best Rush concert I have been too
  • Like 3