What are you binge watching lately?

goose

51ToDfAjuhL.jpg

We started this as me throwing my wife a bone. While not perfect I admit I find the time hopping journey of these two close friends entertaining. My crush on Sarah Chalke probably has an effect on my opinion.

The 10-episode Netflix series, an adaptation of the bestselling 2008 novel by Kristin Hannah, stars Chalke and Heigl as a pair of inseparable best friends. Through interwoven timelines spanning the 1960s to the mid-2000s, “Firefly Lane” tells the shared life story of Heigl’s spiky, damaged daytime TV sensation Tully Hart and Chalke’s timid and earnest Kate Mularkey, a mother looking to reenter the world after separating from her husband.

I watched this because of how much I liked Sarah Chalk on Scrubs. The time jumping in the show is the only thing that makes it interesting.

• Like 1

I thought Firefly Lane was excellent.

Watched the first season of Patriot from a few years back. It got too slow and I couldn't do the second season. At first I thought it was full of clichés, but years later I suspect many shows used it as a blueprint.

I did all three seasons of Yellowstone in one weekend, it was all campy and peppered with weird gore, but the cast was very strong and worked for me.

• Like 2

Just finished watching all of The Big Bang Theory last week (took us around 3 months, I think?). I had never watched the show before, and now it's one of my all-time favorites. We were moderately bummed to be out of episodes to watch.
  • Like 1

Just finished watching all of The Big Bang Theory last week (took us around 3 months, I think?). I had never watched the show before, and now it's one of my all-time favorites. We were moderately bummed to be out of episodes to watch.

It is a very rewatchable show.

• Like 2

Currently watching Hunters on Prime

Amazing show

Halston miniseries on Netflix, with Ewan McGregor as Halston, the 1970's designer.

His performance is kind of so bad it's good? Watched three episodes last night and was highly entertained. McGregor just hits every level you would think of for a gay, narcissistic, egotistical over the top fashion designer. His acting is so good but it's such a stereotype at the same time that I had to wonder if he is hamming it up or if the real Halston acted this way.

Entertaining, (but not for my mom, unfortunately, as it has pretty graphic sex in it. She admired his clothes in the 70's.)

Edited by blueschica

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

:heart: :heart: :heart: They are hysterical!

Easily one of my favorite sitcoms. Although I feel like they have been more miss than hit in recent years. But it's going into the 15th season now, so it's got to be hard for them to keep things fresh sometimes. I read the show has been renewed for a few more seasons which will take it up to 18 seasons. Unreal that it will be on for that long.

• Like 2

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

:heart: :heart: :heart: They are hysterical!

Easily one of my favorite sitcoms. Although I feel like they have been more miss than hit in recent years. But it's going into the 15th season now, so it's got to be hard for them to keep things fresh sometimes. I read the show has been renewed for a few more seasons which will take it up to 18 seasons. Unreal that it will be on for that long.

• Like 1