What are you binge watching lately?

goose

Just completed the seven episodes of Dopesick on Disney +. the story of Oxycontin and Purdue Pharma.

Absolutely scary, with a brilliant performance by Michael Keaton as an addicted doctor and the whole US Opioid addiction - we in UK knew very little about this as Oxy never got prescribed here (only for terminal cancer)

9/10. Really recommend it.

• Like 1

I am still bingeing Cheers

Onto season 4 and I can't get enough!

• Like 2

The first seasons are great. After that, there are still good episodes, but the overall quality of the show went down

The first seasons are great. After that, there are still good episodes, but the overall quality of the show went down

I was happy to see Diane leave though. By the time she leaves I'm at the point where I'm ready to see Sam or Carla kill her anyways lol.

• Like 1

I was happy to see Diane leave though. By the time she leaves I'm at the point where I'm ready to see Sam or Carla kill her anyways lol.

I really liked Diane's wit. To me, Rebecca didn't have many redeeming qualities and often came off as whiny. I really liked the constant change of dynamics between Sam and Diane, and Carla's insults were always great.

I just finished the Netflix Lost In Space series. Watched it last week.

Not too bad. Good exploration and Sci-Fi story. I found though that I had to skip a lot of content because it seemed like filler.... also, some of the Will Robinson 'superboy' stuff seemed kind of cheesy to me. But overall a good series with some nice CGI and production values. Plus a couple of cameos that were cool to see.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

I really liked Diane's wit. To me, Rebecca didn't have many redeeming qualities and often came off as whiny.

Rebecca was best when she was a stronger personality, which was how she was introduced. As she became more neurotic, she became less interesting to me.

• Like 2

That's how I feel!!!

Not too bad. Good exploration and Sci-Fi story. I found though that I had to skip a lot of content because it seemed like filler.... also, some of the Will Robinson 'superboy' stuff seemed kind of cheesy to me. But overall a good series with some nice CGI and production values. Plus a couple of cameos that were cool to see.

We are on season 3 so almost there. It is actually well done and the quality of the effects etc is top notch. But yes it is cheesy at times and it is a show I can go get a drink and not pause it, and feel like I haven't missed much.

• Like 2

Finished Cobra Kai series last night and still on a high from it. And Season 5 won't be out until next year :( I need to watch Karate Kid 2 and 3 movies. Can't remember if I have seen 2 but I know I haven't seen 3. I read up on both movies on IMDB because there is connections in the series.

Thinking about watching Ted Lasso on Apple plus, I've read on twitter its pretty good.

• Like 1

Thinking about watching Ted Lasso on Apple plus, I've read on twitter its pretty good.

Ted Lasso is great, full stop. You should watch.

I just finish "Only Murders in the Building" on Hulu. I loved every bit of it -- until the very end. :rage:

• Like 1

We are on season 3 so almost there. It is actually well done and the quality of the effects etc is top notch. But yes it is cheesy at times and it is a show I can go get a drink and not pause it, and feel like I haven't missed much.

Nice scene with Tom Sawyer playing in the last season!

• Like 1

Just finished the reboot of Dexter. Certainly better than the final season of the original but that's not a very high bar to pass. The ending of the season was more satisfying. It's definitely worth checking out no matter how bad of a taste the finale of the original series left in your mouth. And it's a pretty bad taste for me. That final season actually made me hate the show and I haven't watched any of it since.
  • Like 1