Heart vs Fleetwood Mac vs Abba

HemiBeers

40 members have voted

1. 1. who's your favorite relationship drama band?

• abba
    • fleetwood mac
    • heart

Ok, three bands with two chicks and the bullshit relationship drama that goes with mixing sexes in a band.

Who's your favorite (musically)? Not who is the hottest chick.

heart for me. they rock the hardest and nancy wilson is the hottest chick.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

Hemi, if you don't mind me saying, you ought to ask 73 to move this to the music section. It will get a lot more traffic, and I think the other members would enjoy this poll. They might not see it if it's in Feedback.

Hemi, if you don't mind me saying, you ought to ask 73 to move this to the music section. It will get a lot more traffic, and I think the other members would enjoy this poll. They might not see it if it's in Feedback.

hmmm good point. I'll let the forums gods of reasoning address that if they see fit.

Ok, three bands with two chicks and the bullshit relationship drama that goes with mixing sexes in a band.

Who's your favorite (musically)? Not who is the hottest chick.

heart for me. they rock the hardest and nancy wilson is the hottest chick.

Hemi, Feedback is for Rush polls. Threads and polls about bands other than Rush go in Music of the Spheres. ;)

And your decidedly non-musical poll about Ann Coulter has been moved to SOCN.

What drama did have heart have?

oh dsyfunctional relationships with the other guitar player, the manager, you know, guy and girl stuff.

It's a toss up between Mac and Heart.

heart wins for me by an inch.

that 70's run......that 70's run.

The Mac kinda Tripped up after Tusk.....much as i love them Mirage stunk and Tango in the Night much as i have a soft spot for it. looking at objectively at it...... it pales to past glories.

And Abba........i cannot tell you how much i cannot stand their music. skin crawling for me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I actually considered leaving Abba out of this poll, since they were more pop oriented and Mac and Heart had more similar styles. But then I thought the Abba fans would start whining.

Turns out my initial instincts were more correct. Oh well I'm sure Abba will get some pity votes.

Now ABBA would get my vote.

But...Fleetwood Mac.

I skipped a Graphic Design class to go to a Heart Concert. They are a great live band. So is Fleetwood Mac. I saw FM not long after the attack on Parliament Hill. It was very comforting at the time.

I was always obsessed with this song. There was a rich neighborhood in my city that was actually called Silver Springs. Some of my friends lived there.

http://youtu.be/Ud2XKt2N8fs

Edited by Boots
  • Like 1

ABBA, always ABBA

The Winner Takes it All is the most heartbreaking relationship song. And so apropos as far as relationship dramas are concerned. :(

• Like 3

ABBA > Mac > Heart

but...

Lindsey Buckingham > ABBA

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/stillgoinginsane_old/images/lbgoinsane2.jpg

Fun Fact: Lindsey Buckingham's brother was Eraserhead.

film__4595-eraserhead--detail.jpg

"I'm never going back again."

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

Ann dated the manager (Mike Fisher) while Nancy dated the manager's brother who also happened to be the lead guitarist (Roger Fisher). They both ended up cheating on the sisters. Currently there's a rift due to Ann's new husband physically assaulting Nancy's twin boys after they left the tour bus doors open which risked letting Ann and said husband's dogs escape (stupid I know, even stupider is Ann siding with her husband.)

That being said Fleetwood Mac's run of albums from 75-87 is some of the best AOR pop ever released, Heart is a close second.

• Like 1

Ann dated the manager (Mike Fisher) while Nancy dated the manager's brother who also happened to be the lead guitarist (Roger Fisher). They both ended up cheating on the sisters. Currently there's a rift due to Ann's new husband physically assaulting Nancy's twin boys after they left the tour bus doors open which risked letting Ann and said husband's dogs escape (stupid I know, even stupider is Ann siding with her husband.)

That being said Fleetwood Mac's run of albums from 75-87 is some of the best AOR pop ever released, Heart is a close second.

Yeah I read that Heart story yesterday. Ann needs a head check if she's keeping that douchebag husband. You can't divide sisters like that. From all accounts he's an arrogant dick...what she sees in him is beyond me. Edited by HemiBeers