Carvan Alex

I feel a silent scream begin inside

Things that I once dreamed of

Have become reality

Just one more who's searching for

A world that ought to be

Sometimes I'm butt naked, sometimes I'm not

I thought you'd be a Signals boy JB!

I considered it. It was the first ever concert I saw after all. And it was the first new Rush album that I was drooling over. [Moving Pictures being the album that made me the big fan]. Signals though seems like the loner & misfit mind at work. I might've been a misfit but I wasn't really a loner. Think "Mikey" from Goonies and I think it's reasonably accurate to how I was at age 12.

That was the first RUSH gig for me too. They got to the UK in Spring 1983 on that tour, my gig was in Birmingham, Sabbath and Priest country!

Mine was late winter/early spring '83 in Jax, FL. I probably saw them a couple of months before you. I was 10 though.

Should look that up for the exact dates on both.

I can't remember if mine was the first of the NEC gigs or the second. It was May anyway.

Yours was one of these: May 14th, 15th, or 22nd in '83. 3 concerts in Birmingham with 4 London gigs between the 2nd and 3rd Birmingham gigs. Weird.

Mine was March 16, 1983.

There was no supporting act for my gig but you had Jon Butcher Axis, how did you like that lot?

I remember Jon Butcher Axis. He had one song that I knew and wasn't bad actually. It didn't matter because people still threw frisbees at the stage.

I've told you this before but during SoR (opening tune), some idiot on the floor [General Admission days] was stabbing people with a knife. A few had minor injuries and security took him away. Rush didn't know about it until after the show.

Who was the nut??

a vengeful, time traveling fraroc who was trying to stab his way to Peart

• Like 2

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

I considered it. It was the first ever concert I saw after all. And it was the first new Rush album that I was drooling over. [Moving Pictures being the album that made me the big fan]. Signals though seems like the loner & misfit mind at work. I might've been a misfit but I wasn't really a loner. Think "Mikey" from Goonies and I think it's reasonably accurate to how I was at age 12.

That was the first RUSH gig for me too. They got to the UK in Spring 1983 on that tour, my gig was in Birmingham, Sabbath and Priest country!

Mine was late winter/early spring '83 in Jax, FL. I probably saw them a couple of months before you. I was 10 though.

I can't remember if mine was the first of the NEC gigs or the second. It was May anyway.

Yours was one of these: May 14th, 15th, or 22nd in '83. 3 concerts in Birmingham with 4 London gigs between the 2nd and 3rd Birmingham gigs. Weird.

Mine was March 16, 1983.

There was no supporting act for my gig but you had Jon Butcher Axis, how did you like that lot?

I remember Jon Butcher Axis. He had one song that I knew and wasn't bad actually. It didn't matter because people still threw frisbees at the stage.

I've told you this before but during SoR (opening tune), some idiot on the floor [General Admission days] was stabbing people with a knife. A few had minor injuries and security took him away. Rush didn't know about it until after the show.

Who was the nut??

a vengeful, time traveling fraroc who was trying to stab his way to Peart

:LOL:

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

Mine was March 16, 1983.

JB, was that the Claudia Perry show ??

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

Mine was March 16, 1983.

That's right. She stated that the audience would've been better off spending their $10.50 (the cost of the ticket) on Pac-Man. She also stated that the audience going wild over the film footage during Countdown was unreasonable given that shuttle/rocket launchings in Florida were commonplace. I wish I still had that article. I remember my bro cutting it out the newspaper and keeping it in his desk for ages. I must've read it a thousand times over the years.

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

Mine was March 16, 1983.

That's right. She stated that the audience would've been better off spending their $10.50 (the cost of the ticket) on Pac-Man. She also stated that the audience going wild over the film footage during Countdown was unreasonable given that shuttle/rocket launchings in Florida were commonplace. I wish I still had that article. I remember my bro cutting it out the newspaper and keeping it in his desk for ages. I must've read it a thousand times over the years.

yep, I'm sure the place going nuts during Countdown had nothing to do with the song

:facepalm:

• Like 2

Have become reality

A world that ought to be

Mine was March 16, 1983.

yep, I'm sure the place going nuts during Countdown had nothing to do with the song

:facepalm:

Unfortunately, they didn't hit Jax again until HYF but i didn't catch them again until Presto (my senior year in hs)

• Like 2

I can't pick a certain album, so I here is my list of Rush songs I live by:

Xanadu - Shows that death is not necessarily bad, but a relief from life.

Making Memories - Life sucks, so what? Have fun with it!

Territories - Maybe this race could get somewhere if we stopped fighting each other.

Middletown Dreams - Life is slow, enjoy the good things to drown out the bad things.

Tears - Don't be afraid to express sadness. Like happiness, it is just another human emotion.

A Farewell To Kings - Put people who know what they are doing in charge.

Cygnus X-1 Book II - You can always find that happy medium.

The Spirit of Radio - "One likes to believe in the freedom of music."

Subdivisions - Don't conform to society to be looked up to and forget who you are.

The Enemy Within - Don't let fear drive your life. (I could go on for hours on this one).

The Larger Bowl - (Similar to Territories) Treat everyone the same, regardless of nationality or race. We are all human.

One, two buckle my shoe....

Yep, a lot of their songs have resonated with me personally over the years, but nothing will top the euphoria I felt familiarizing with ATWAS...

This^^^. My first and still best album in my collection... :cheers:

One, two buckle my shoe....

Yep, a lot of their songs have resonated with me personally over the years, but nothing will top the euphoria I felt familiarizing with ATWAS...

This^^^. My first and still best album in my collection... :cheers:

What about Ozzy-era Sabbath?? :o

The Rush album that I relate to the most is Power Windows.

That was the second Rush album I ever owned, but the first that reflected who they were when I first connected them with the band that wrote so many songs I loved.

New World Man was the first song I owned by them, but I didn't yet know that they were the same band that wrote Tom Sawyer/Freewill/Closer/Working etc.

Caress was the first I owned after I knew they were 'my' band, but Caress had no familiar songs and didn't reflect who they were when I connected with them. That album should have been Grace, but I owned Power well before I owned Grace.

So Power Windows was played constantly and it was the album that wired my brain completely as a 'Rush' brain.

It's not my favorite, but it has the most hooks in me and I'm never unwilling to listen.

• Like 1

I'll always have a special spot for Signals. Countdown was the first song of their's I ever heard, and songs like Chemistry, Subdivisions, and Digital Man followed soon after along with Limelight, YYZ, Tom Sawyer, Entre Nous, Red Barchetta, Vital Signs, etc.

The first and what appears to be the only Rush album release I've experienced as a fan is Clockwork, although I don't personally relate to the album that much. I love it, and CA is probably in my top 5 albums of their's.

The other two albums I relate to the most are Power Windows, mostly because I discovered it on a long road trip and listened over and over and over. The other is Snakes & Arrows, because it is a musical masterpiece. I consider Snakes their best album.

• Like 1

The debut. I'm always in the mood. :D

Followed 60 seconds later by you screaming, "Look out! I'm comin', whoa, whoa" :LOL:

Am I being too generous with the 60 seconds? :poke: :LOL:

:laughing yellow guy:

The debut. I'm always in the mood. :D

Followed 60 seconds later by you screaming, "Look out! I'm comin', whoa, whoa" :LOL:

Am I being too generous with the 60 seconds? :poke: :LOL:

60 seconds on a good day. :)

Usually, it's two dips and a spritz.

• Like 1