Guitarist Joe Perry collapses on stage tonight

blueschica

My feeling is that sometimes genetics can overcome lifestyle. Keith's family history would need to be checked to see if that's a possible explanation for his longevity.

I know he snorted his father's ashes years ago...maybe that's the secret.

Let's not forget that Joe Perry has certainly snorted his fair share of substances in the past. I guess it all just catches up to people at different times.

Both my grandparents were active and in good health until they both hit their 80s and then it went fast when everything started going for them physically/mentally.

It seems Joe is doing OK though since there's been no major news being reported since last night.

• Like 1

Meat Loaf 2 weeks ago, now Joe Perry.

Look, maybe just maybe, Alex, Geddy and Neil are the smart ones.

A lot more of these 60 and 70 year old rockers need to walk this way

slight fix

Still going. http://www.mojo4music.com/media/2015/07/Keef_mojocover-770.jpg

And he never collapses.

This is an exception to the rule.

Or he made a deal with the devil.

*Thinks about "Or he made a deal with the devil" part and... laughs* :LOL:

He had a complete change of blood in 1984, that has to add miles to the car's engine according to the books

He changed over to synthetic. You can go for miles on that shit.

As I told an old close friend of mine who thinks Keith Richards is sexy: "Really?! Sexy?! He's a f***ing mummy!"

Would that make him a MILF ??

Close. But to differentiate, it'd make him a MuILF.

• Like 1

Still going. http://www.mojo4music.com/media/2015/07/Keef_mojocover-770.jpg

And he never collapses.

This is an exception to the rule.

Or he made a deal with the devil.

*Thinks about "Or he made a deal with the devil" part and... laughs* :LOL:

He had a complete change of blood in 1984, that has to add miles to the car's engine according to the books

He changed over to synthetic. You can go for miles on that shit.

As I told an old close friend of mine who thinks Keith Richards is sexy: "Really?! Sexy?! He's a f***ing mummy!"

Would that make him a MILF ??

Close. But to differentiate, it'd make him a MuILF.

Just called him Fuckking mule to make it easier.

• Like 1

A lot more of these 60 and 70 year old rockers need to walk away

Listen, in a perfect world, rock would be a 100% young man's game, but we don't live in a perfect world, do we?

Until major change happens in the music industry where metal and rock gets more exposure, we need 60 and 70 year old rockers to fill the existential void.

Listen, in a perfect world, rock would be a 100% young man's game, but we don't live in a perfect world, do we?

Until major change happens in the music industry where metal and rock gets more exposure, we need 60 and 70 year old rockers to fill the existential void.

I don't think anyone is trying to say that all these older rockers need to retire. But that they should definitely slow it down a lot when it comes to performing live.

I don't think anyone is trying to say that all these older rockers need to retire. But that they should definitely slow it down a lot when it comes to performing live.

I will admit, I've definitely underestimated the power and quantity of new rock and metal bands from this current decade, but I'm not going to be the one to deny that a "rock and metal vacuum" does exist. If it didn't exist, we'd still have Headbanger's Ball on MTV and they'd be playing Lacuna Coil and DTP vids.

Came in here just to read fray fray's "Rock is Dead" posts

They are obligatory now aren't they.

Hope Joe is OK though

Mick

The "rock is dead" posts are only a response to the obligatory "grandpas shouldn't be allowed to rock" post.

Here's a 21 year old joke.

CTVWB2xWsAANl6n.jpg

Lisa is pretty hot when she grows up, especially if you like that Hep-C shade of skin.

A heart attack seems like the most likely scenario

An eyewitness had said that they saw a defibrillator being used once Joe got off the stage ..

The adrenaline rush onstage can definitely cause all kinds of reactions, esp in a 65 year old guy who has probably snorted enough coke in his life to fill a swimming pool ..

What can complicate this is whether or not Joe got an epinephrine injection in the ambulance - if his life was in danger, they probably did this, however, the additional rush will clamp down and shunt blood to the heart ( the intention ) but that staves other parts of the body for blood, most worrisome, the brain ..

The fact that there has been no news is a little troubling

I definitely think there is more to the story than we are bring told. There's a chance it could be just exaustion, but something tells me that it was something cardiac, like either a heart attack or tachycardia, or even an angina episode. Edited by fraroc

I don't see it as a bad sign that nothing is being said.

Then again, maybe Joe wants to keep whatever is going on to himself and those close to him. If he did get some bad news, he may need a little time to come to grips with it. Making a public statement to the fans right away about what happened by no means should be his top priority. Getting healthy and trying to make sure that this doesn't happen again to him comes first.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

Joe will join the tour for the last few dates on the west coast starting with July 22, in Rohnert Park.

We won't see him tonight... dang... I will be there but not Joe...

Rock on!