The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

I've posted this one before. I found this one of alex on pinterest.

Don't like blondes, but to every rule there is an exception... GUSH :wub:

01efb9da8385af3ac84728957e8bf3c6.jpg

I thought this was to gush over Rush's music? When did this become the Rush Beefcake thread? :LOL: Ha!

Edited by Wil1972

I love Rush because their music creates a world in my head that I can spend time in, to still be in this world, but a less discouraging and more tolerable version. There are so many interesting musical parts in their songs that I never get bored. So many different ways to listen and be soothed and cheered and fortified for my daily struggles. I love a lot of bands, and a lot of music, but Rush is the love of my musical life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5iIy_BYFM

Gush! :rush: :D

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 6

It said GUSH so I gushed. Didn't read the rest of the thread. I was "guestimating" what it was about! Oh, what to do!

Anyway -

I love this band. Their music gives me inner strength and peace.

I will always be thankful and appreciative to them for that, especially because there are things I will never be able to fix or change in my life.

They help me to move forward.

They help my adult soul in the same way the Beatles help heal my young(er) soul.

I can't explain it. It's just one of those things.

• Like 5

It said GUSH so I gushed. Didn't read the rest of the thread. I was "guestimating" what it was about! Oh, what to do!

Anyway -

I will always be thankful and appreciative to them for that, especially because there are things I will never be able to fix or change in my life.

They help my adult soul in the same way the Beatles help heal my young(er) soul.

Librarian, you did right.

It's a thread to gush about anything to do with Rush, even pictures.

so.......gush away!!

• Like 1

Anyway -

Gush away. :) And I agree about their music and The Beatles - who still heal my soul. Older, younger, doesn't matter. :)

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

Anyway -

I loved the photo- I'll always gush over shirtless Alex, oops, I mean a man that can cook, that's what I meant, sure, sure. No problem! :)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Anyway -

I loved the photo- I'll always gush over shirtless Alex, oops, I mean a man that can cook, that's what I meant, sure, sure. No problem! :)

Yeah, we know what you meant. ;)

Wonder what he had on the grill? :)

• Like 1

This is my favorite look for them (Driven)
Edited by librarian
  • Like 2

Can you believe someone actually gave this video a thumbs down on Youtube? Must've been Zumbi on the loose.

There's no accounting for taste I guess. What's not to like?

• Like 1

Here's the way I always want to remember Al:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7nIV2EIVH9o

I always preferred long haired Alex but this is such fun video to look back on. They had so much fire back then.

Especially Alex. That's why I said that this is how I always want to remember him - kicking up his leg and hopping around on stage and playing that guitar with so much intensity.

• Like 3

Here's the way I always want to remember Al:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7nIV2EIVH9o

I always preferred long haired Alex but this is such fun video to look back on. They had so much fire back then.

Especially Alex. That's why I said that this is how I always want to remember him - kicking up his leg and hopping around on stage and playing that guitar with so much intensity.

It's too bad there aren't better quality videos out there of the pre-Moving Pictures era.

• Like 1

I've noticed recently that Lorraine is taking full advantage of finally having real internet service :ebert:

Red Tide is a pretty good tune.

Lots of good stuff I can finally watch and listen to! It's a pleasure. :)

• Like 4

Here's a video to gush and drool over.

Rush at the absolute height of their good looks (in my opinioni :)).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRw9wlOZ9Lg&feature=player_detailpage

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Here's a video to gush and drool over.

Rush at the absolute height of their good looks (in my opinioni :)).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRw9wlOZ9Lg&feature=player_detailpage

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

OMG!!

Ok, first of all, a compliment for technical quality. Second, for their great moment, in shape and competence of that era.

Geddy's voice is much louder. :o

Neil's very satisfied and energetic playing drums.

Alex is amused on the guitar sound.

:yes: Their looks (all the three). Agreed. :wub: :clap:

• Like 1

I just watched Natural Science, Jacob's Ladder, Hemispheres prelude, Cygnus X-1 from R40. I had it cranked up and I feel like I could run through a wall. I f'n love Rush.
  • Like 4

It's funny what a day-brightener it can be to encounter another Rush fan. Today I'm wearing a Rush shirt, and I got a big smile and a "Like your shirt!" from the guy who came to read the gas meter. I said "Oh, thank you!" and gave him a thumbs-up and a big smile of my own. A small thing, yes, but nice! :rush:

I've had days like that...love those types of encounters.

It's funny what a day-brightener it can be to encounter another Rush fan. Today I'm wearing a Rush shirt, and I got a big smile and a "Like your shirt!" from the guy who came to read the gas meter. I said "Oh, thank you!" and gave him a thumbs-up and a big smile of my own. A small thing, yes, but nice! :rush:

I've had days like that...love those types of encounters.

If I wear a Rush shirt to a concert, I usually get at least one person to comment on it. One time someone offered to buy me a beer just because I had a Rush shirt on.

I've gotten a number of random comments from people when out at the store or whatever through the years when I was wearing a Rush shirt. They've always been pretty popular in the Buffalo, NY area. Being so close to Toronto probably has something to do with it.

• Like 2