The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

I was at that one!! Great memories :drool: :haz: :rush: R30 was my first Rush concert, it was impressive even though I didn't know many of the songs... :ebert: R40 was a great way to go out (we were on Ged's side of the stage) :clap: :yes: :yay: :geddy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

AND I'M STAN GETZ!!!!

Just came in here to say.. even though I've heard it a billion times, and never NOT seen them do it live at a gig....

.... I still get a bit of an adrenaline rush when I hear the studio version of Tom Sawyer.

So many here are sick of that song, but I still love it

• Like 2

I'm a studio version guy, and the studio version of Tom Sawyer always take me back to that first time I listen to Moving Pictures. I remember thinking this is the best album ever released. This was the LP version btw. Edited by Na na na
  • Like 2

I'm a studio version guy, and the studio version of Tom Sawyer always take me back to that first time I listen to Moving Pictures. I remember thinking this is the best album ever released. This was the LP version btw.

That was the first Rush album i ever bought.

And this is the video that brought me here 7 years ago:

I had dial-up back then. 5 to 7 seconds of a video loaded every minute. It took a long time for it to load. I listened to it over and over and over because if I saved it, I lost the video and had to start all over again.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I'm a studio version guy, and the studio version of Tom Sawyer always take me back to that first time I listen to Moving Pictures. I remember thinking this is the best album ever released. This was the LP version btw.

http://youtu.be/auLBLk4ibAk

I had dial-up back then. 5 to 7 seconds of a video loaded every minute. It took a long time for it to load. I listened to it over and over and over because if I saved it, I lost the video and had to start all over again.

Maybe it's just me & maybe it's a time capsule thing, but I remember how those albums sounded like back then, the emotional impact they had on me, and I do find current versions of these album (cd & digital versions)...they don't seem to deliver that emotional impact, they seem somewhat stript for those emotions...

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me & maybe it's a time capsule thing, but I remember how those albums sounded like back then, the emotional impact they had on me, and I do find current versions of these album (cd & digital versions)...they don't seem to deliver that emotional impact, they seem somewhat stript for those emotions...

I search, often in vain, for albums on youtube that sound like the vinyl I remember. Cd's never cut it, and I don't care for most remakes of album. I understand bands do it to make money, but you can rarely improve on the original versions. It doesn't surprise me that vinyls are making a comeback. They should never have gotten rid of them.

• Like 2

I search, often in vain, for albums on youtube that sound like the vinyl I remember. Cd's never cut it, and I don't care for most remakes of album. I understand bands do it to make money, but you can rarely improve on the original versions. It doesn't surprise me that vinyls are making a comeback. They should never have gotten rid of them.

We have been moving from analog & natural sound to digital & sound lacking in the natural department...IMO

• Like 2

I think this is a BIG reason I'm more into the original CDs instead of the remasters, in most cases...

same with vintage vinyl. I want it to sound like what I'm used to!

• Like 2

I think this is a BIG reason I'm more into the original CDs instead of the remasters, in most cases...

same with vintage vinyl. I want it to sound like what I'm used to!

Agreed. It's to bad that Spotify/Tidal/Youtube/Itunes/Qobus and so on....don't offer all the different versions of an album. I would love that!!!

• Like 1