Who could possibly fill Neil's shoes live?

losingit2k

Who could possibly fills Neil's Shoes Live?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who could possibly fills Neil's Shoes Live?

• Mike Portnoy
    • Lars Ulrich
    • Dave Grohl
    • Stewart Copeland
    • Mark Zonder
    • Mike Mangini
    • Thomas Lang
    • Marco Minnemann

Ah....non drummers threads. Some of the guys you listed couldn't pull off the Rush catalog on drums if they tried. Grohl is a fine drummer, but he would struggle with Rush material. Lars.......forget about it. Even Copeland couldn't handle it. He's a great drummer, but he has his own unique(even weird) style. Rush fans would want the drum parts VERY close to what Neil played.

How about you stick your drums where the sun don't shine, you arrogant t**t?

You've no idea what those drummers could pull off as you are too busy pulling off yourself.

I would expect nothing less than a post like this from you. I didn't mean to come off arrogant, but I have been playing drums for 32 years. I think I have a good idea what drummers could pull off what. It's not a slam on these drummers. It's just that every drummer has their own style and technique and some are not suited to copying certain other players.(Rush fans would expect a very close reproduction of Neil's parts) Personality in playing is what makes music great, but Rush is a whole different ballgame because fans and musicians would hang on every note and every iconic fill.

Horse puckey. Most fans don't even know what a "fill" is much less care. I do agree every drummer has their own style but again, if it's relatively close to what NEP plays, most fans probably wouldn't even notice.

• Like 1

Ah....non drummers threads. Some of the guys you listed couldn't pull off the Rush catalog on drums if they tried. Grohl is a fine drummer, but he would struggle with Rush material. Lars.......forget about it. Even Copeland couldn't handle it. He's a great drummer, but he has his own unique(even weird) style. Rush fans would want the drum parts VERY close to what Neil played.

You've no idea what those drummers could pull off as you are too busy pulling off yourself.

Dude, what's your problem?? That personal attack was disgraceful. He had some perfectly valid points that you didn't like so you just immediately resorted to bullying. That's like 8 year old behaviour.

**accidental duplicate, can be deleted!**

You can say that again!

Oh, you did...

I would expect nothing less than a post like this from you. I didn't mean to come off arrogant, but I have been playing drums for 32 years. I think I have a good idea what drummers could pull off what. It's not a slam on these drummers. It's just that every drummer has their own style and technique and some are not suited to copying certain other players.(Rush fans would expect a very close reproduction of Neil's parts) Personality in playing is what makes music great, but Rush is a whole different ballgame because fans and musicians would hang on every note and every iconic fill.

Horse puckey. Most fans don't even know what a "fill" is much less care. I do agree every drummer has their own style but again, if it's relatively close to what NEP plays, most fans probably wouldn't even notice.

Quite right, Ford. Most of us are musical idiots. We wouldn't know the difference.

Well Gene Krapa there hasn't managed to describe why those drummers couldn't fill Peart's boots so I've drifted off waiting.

f***in' Tony! :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:
  • Like 2

An internet no-name would be the way to go. Hold a contest, maybe...

That's our Earl - an internet no-name. And a talented one too who just happens to know all of Rush's music. :)

There will be no contest. We've found our man. :NP:

• Like 2

That's our Earl - an internet no-name. And a talented one too who just happens to know all of Rush's music. :)

Actually, Earl's already famous. Back in the 90s he did a series of docu-videos of him cutting loose at spring break in Florida with hundreds of topless co-eds. That series was called "Earl Gone Wild". There are several raunchy cuts of him drumming to '70s Rush wearing nothing but his sandals.

• Like 1

Actually, Earl's already famous. Back in the 90s he did a series of docu-videos of him cutting loose at spring break in Florida with hundreds of topless co-eds. That series was called "Earl Gone Wild". There are several raunchy cuts of him drumming to '70s Rush wearing nothing but his sandals.

:cool:

Earl, is this true?

:cool:

Earl, is this true?

You guys are hilarious! Nope!!! Thanks for having faith in a guy like me! I would love to try out. I would have to spend 12 hours a day on my drums. Like Brad Gillis did when he got the OZZY gig. He locked himself in his bedroom for 24 hours and learned every riff and solo!!!

• Like 2

Agree there is a 0% chance Rush ever tours under the name of Rush with a different drummer.

Reading between the lines in some interviews with Alex and Geddy, I think they would have appreciated knowing if this was indeed their farewell tour and are frustrated by the lack of communication on that. I have my fingers crossed that they can talk Neil into some kind of smaller, scaled back tour that they can truly call they Farewell tour and go out definitively the was they want to go out. However, I think it is extremely unlikely they can talk Neil into another one. Seems they've been talking him into tours for 10 years

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

Senri Kawaguchi

It should be a professional drummer that was at the eleventh to last Rush show at the Forum in August. Since Tool is only a part time gig, and his drumming is excellent, Danny Carey would be perfekt in Rush Too.

Rush will probably have a studio album done before Tool does.

Yes, and Danny has plenty of time for Rush Too!