Tony Harnell leaves Skid Row after only 8 months with the band

Super25Smasher

http://www.skidrow.com/59-to-the-skid-row-faithful

I wonder who'll replace him? Hope he's good! I'm seeing them on the 23rd next month! My first choice would be Sebastian Bach, but there's currently no talk of a reunion.

• Like 1

They really should get back with Sebastian at this point. They haven't been the least bit relevant since they fired him 20 years ago. Not that Bach went on to be a huge star or anything but at least he's done enough to keep him name out there and let people know he's still around.

I say reunite with Bach and open for GnR when they tour later this year. Seems like a perfect fit. The initial reunion will create enough buzz that Skid Row won't have to keep playing the local bar & grill when they come to town. I'm not saying a reunion with Bach will be huge but it should be enough for the band to be able to make some money again.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Seb Bach was indirectly responsible for one of the most special moments I had as a metal fan: he played in São Paulo on the same day Fates Warning did. Bob Jarzombek plays on both bands, and decided to honor Bach's gig. So Mike Portnoy took over from him, and I got to meet him before soundcheck.
  • Like 2

I never liked Skid Row, I bought Slave to Grind back when it was released and didn't like it. At all. I bought the 2nd Badlands album the same day and hated that one as well. I buried both these albums in the dried out pond in the back field. One of the smartest things I ever did. That was a black day in my album buying history. :blaze:

Skid Row was a band that came 10 years too late.

Maybe that's why Sebastian Bach has had trouble keeping a wife...

• Like 1

I never liked Skid Row, I bought Slave to Grind back when it was released and didn't like it. At all. I bought the 2nd Badlands album the same day and hated that one as well. I buried both these albums in the dried out pond in the back field. One of the smartest things I ever did. That was a black day in my album buying history. :blaze:

This is just shocking to me!

I think the first Skid Row album is pop. Then they did "Slave" and Subhuman Race that kicked fukking ass!

The first Badlands record is a masterpiece.

"Voodoo Highway" was yeah Pat I get it but I liked the blues infusion of hard rock. Jake fukking rules.

I love Tony too. I am a HUGE TNT fan. That would have been an epic record.

Figures it didn't work out.

Our genre of music is f***ing coming to an end.

Our guys are either dropping dead or putting out shitty records and touring with body bags.

Give me some BODY COUNT mutha fukkas!

Happy New Beer!

Signed,

ICE T

• Like 1

Skid Row was a band that came 10 years too late.

Maybe that's why Sebastian Bach has had trouble keeping a wife...

Hahaha! one of my best friends dresses up as Darth Vader and he is under contract by Lucasfilm.

Anyway Bach hired him and a bunch of stormtroopers to be at his bachelor party!

Yep! It even gets better!

Bach's band that night was a Rush Tribute Cover band.

Of course Sebastian was the singer.

My buddy sent me some pictures of it.

Pretty fukking cool.

Motley Crue just ended.

Alice Cooper was supposed to open the last three shows. He canceled.

WTF?

Something is going on in the rock and roll world.

Everyone is dying or disintegrating into "Mummy Dust."

• Like 2

What? Really? Literally?

• Like 1

What? Really? Literally?

Yeah!

This is just shocking to me!

I think the first Skid Row album is pop. Then they did "Slave" and Subhuman Race that kicked fukking ass!

The first Badlands record is a masterpiece.

"Voodoo Highway" was yeah Pat I get it but I liked the blues infusion of hard rock. Jake fukking rules.

I love Tony too. I am a HUGE TNT fan. That would have been an epic record.

Figures it didn't work out.

Our genre of music is f***ing coming to an end.

Our guys are either dropping dead or putting out shitty records and touring with body bags.

Give me some BODY COUNT mutha fukkas!

Happy New Beer!

Signed,

ICE T

Lemmy will rise again Earl! :blaze:

• Like 1

Slave is one of the few hair records I enjoy, it's got the hooks of hair but it's actually got some thrash influence too.

Bach's a good guy, his total willingness to parody himself on trailer park boys and various VH1 shows is hilarious and respectable, and he smokes a lot of weed!

• Like 2

Right on dude! You have a back field. I prefer Blackfield. ;)

Right on dude! You have a back field. I prefer Blackfield. ;)

Blackfield and a black day for metal!

Funny, I just bought a 30 year Anniversary of TNT live! 1982-2012. Comes with a DVD!!!! SWEET! LE TEKRO RULES! One of the best tones in the biz.

What's your favourite TNT album Earl? Mine is Knights of the New Thunder and then Tell No Tales. :haz:

• Like 1

Funny, I just bought a 30 year Anniversary of TNT live! 1982-2012. Comes with a DVD!!!! SWEET! LE TEKRO RULES! One of the best tones in the biz.

What's your favourite TNT album Earl? Mine is Knights of the New Thunder and then Tell No Tales. :haz:

"Knights Of The New Thunder" by far buddy. I also must got with "Realized Fantasies." I love the album cover too.

Also do you have the Japanese pressing of "Knights?" They artwork is sexy! Chicks with big boobs! Banned of course around the rest of the world!

• Like 1

Slave is one of the few hair records I enjoy, it's got the hooks of hair but it's actually got some thrash influence too.

Bach's a good guy, his total willingness to parody himself on trailer park boys and various VH1 shows is hilarious and respectable, and he smokes a lot of weed!

I like Bach too. His bits in the Rush doc are all hilarious. And TPBs. Decent guy. Loves his weed. Rachel Bolan is a tool.

• Like 2

Never saw them live. Now many power ballads are just weak crap not I Remember You that songs cranks, it has special meaning for me. Can Bach hit the high notes live???
  • Like 1

"Knights Of The New Thunder" by far buddy. I also must got with "Realized Fantasies." I love the album cover too.

Also do you have the Japanese pressing of "Knights?" They artwork is sexy! Chicks with big boobs! Banned of course around the rest of the world!

Naaa I hardly ever got any Japanese vinyl and I haven't got any TNT on CD.

Naaa I hardly ever got any Japanese vinyl and I haven't got any TNT on CD.

No TNT on cd???? You download everything now?