Official NBA Thread

goose

Well, any of you who are feeling bad about your team can enjoy watching the Mav's melt down this season. Yet another year of one of the best players on the planet will be wasted due to the ignorance and hubris of one Mark Cuban, Kidd has never been a coach and never will be. He was a savant as a player, an idiot as a coach. If we win 35 games I'll be surprised.

In most any sport, great player = less than great coach.
  • Like 1

Well, any of you who are feeling bad about your team can enjoy watching the Mav's melt down this season. Yet another year of one of the best players on the planet will be wasted due to the ignorance and hubris of one Mark Cuban, Kidd has never been a coach and never will be. He was a savant as a player, an idiot as a coach. If we win 35 games I'll be surprised.

In most any sport, great player = less than great coach.

Well the Mav's have put together a nice little win streak on the strength of defense and Luca rounding into shape. Prove me wrong MF'rs!

"Nobody cares about what’s happening to the Uyghurs, okay,” Palihapitiya said during an appearance on the All-In podcast. “You bring it up because you care and I think it’s nice that you care. The rest of us don’t care. I’m just telling you a very hard, ugly truth. Of all the things that I care about, yes, it is below my line.”

Nice guy.

• Like 1

Interesting situation as one of our better players sits still.

-----------

Sixers' Ben Simmons Trade Price Lowered; Can Dallas Mavs Deal For Tobias Harris, Too?

Daryl Morey on the likelihood of Ben Simmons being moved by the trade deadline: “I think it’s less likely than likely, but hopefully I’m wrong. It won’t be from lack of trying.”

MIKE FISHERJAN 21, 2022

The Philadelphia 76ers are still trying to trade Ben Simmons, and team president Daryl Morey is making no secret of that.

He's also being very forthcoming about what might be the increasing affordability of the semi-star who has not played this season due to his ongoing conflict with the franchise.

During an appearance on 97.5 The Fanatic this week, the Philadelphia boss literally announced his willingness to take less in trade for Simmons due to how well MVP candidate big man Joel Embiid is playing right now.

Said Morey, in a bit of an odd statement: “I can tell you that for sure, there are deals with the Sacramento Kings that would work."

We will assume, therefore, that there might also be deals with the Dallas Mavericks that work.

Morey's point (we think) in specifically mentioning the Kings might be that he can envision some of their players helping fortify the work of Embiid, who had led Philadelphia to a 26-18 record on the season (entering Thursday), putting the Sixers in fifth place in the Eastern Conference.

At different times in recent months it has been reported that the 76ers’ asking price for Simmons - who rumor has it is a guy Dallas' Luka Doncic would favor playing alongside - was steep.

Now it seems less steep, with Morey talking openly about what needs to be done.

Said Morey on the likelihood of a Simmons deal: “I think it’s less likely than likely, but hopefully I’m wrong. It won’t be from lack of trying.”

Again, the openness is appreciated, but ... odd.

There are no guarantees that Simmons is dealt before the February 10 deadline, and only Morey knows for sure if there is a Dallas player that he views as a viable Embiid helper.

Interestingly, though, the 76ers have reportedly also discussed including forward Tobias Harris in any potential Simmons deal, and we know that Tobias is best pals with Boban, who is best pals with Dallas teammate Luka ... so while Morey keeps talking, we'll keep working to connect the dots.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32877959/ben-simmons-line-all-major-happenings-philadelphia-76ers-star-2021-2022

The timeline. He basically held his breath after playing like shit in the playoffs and criticizing the fans (never a good idea here). The team called his bluff and he's been sitting all year.

Class A jerk. Who would want to play with him?
  • Like 1

https://www.espn.com...-star-2021-2022

The timeline. He basically held his breath after playing like shit in the playoffs and criticizing the fans (never a good idea here). The team called his bluff and he's been sitting all year.

Class A jerk. Who would want to play with him?

Jerk.

Snowflake.

Crybaby.

So, how about Mr. James Harden? He looked pretty good in his debut!

i think this makes embiid a better player because he will be more efficient on offense and be able to be a better defender. harden is good at helping on drop pnr coverage for his big, can think he can be good for joel on both ends and finally show why joel is the real mvp.

This Just In:  Aaron Rodgers attends (and jinxes) yet another playoff game.    :cool:

00hC1bX.jpg

For Golden State last night:

Thompson 26pts

Curry 27pts

Poole 27pts

"Jordan Poole's Rise Gives Warriors 'Best Offensive Trio in the NBA"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10033482-jordan-pooles-rise-gives-warriors-best-offensive-trio-in-the-nba-after-game-3-win

maipn665annu3uklld9r.jpg

Watched my first Celtics game in years tonight. Scott Foster was the ref. In his previous 21 non-Game 1 playoff games, the trailing team was 19-2. That's freaking ridiculous, and he did his best again to give the game to the Nets. But you can't give a game to a team that just doesn't want it. Sweep. Big Charmin (Durant) is on his way to Cancun right about now.

Brooklyn, lol.  Are they still butthurt from the on air reaming they took yesterday?

In other news, Miami eliminates Atlanta.  The locals here should enjoy it while it lasts, because it won't.

On 4/30/2022 at 10:43 AM, pjbear05 said:

76'ers Joel Embiid done for playoffs, broken orbital.bone.

A shame, because he was playing great.  It happened late in the game, no?

12 hours ago, goose said:

A shame, because he was playing great.  It happened late in the game, no?

Yeah, and his loss showed last night.  Out again for tomorrow, and if Philly goes down 0-2, it's going to be rough coming back.

Wait a minute, who you think you're fooling, Miami bwoy?  GO HEAT!

Grizzlies, without their star Ja Morant, are looking to steal game four at Golden State.  But what was a nine point lead is now down to one...with 3:48 to go.

11 minutes ago, goose said:

Grizzlies, without their star Ja Morant, are looking to steal game four at Golden State.  But what was a nine point lead is now down to one...with 3:48 to go.

The Warriors trailed Memphis for the entire game until, with 45 seconds left, they managed to get their first lead of the night.  Poole and Curry were aces at the free throw line down the stretch,  while one Memphis player went 1 for 7.

Warriors win 101-98 and go up 3 games to 1.

Golden State gets blasted by Memphis in game five, losing by 40 after being down by as much as 55pts.  Both camps staying classy by trading insults via the Grizzlies' crowd chant of 'whoop that trick', a euphemism for a 'beat down' that comes from what a pimp does to corral an uppity prostitute.