Official NBA Thread

goose

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, thank you for reminding everyone that being a superstar pro athlete is overrated. 

I'm very happy that I didn't become a superstar pro athlete who spends his retirement trading childish smack talk with former teammates.    

Down 0-3, the Celtics have clawed their way back in it.  They'll likely sustain the ramped up defense, but will their white hot shooting continue?

:popcorn:

What...a...game.  After leading most of the game, by double digits at timers,  Boston survived a Miami comeback with a buzzer-beating putback.  There will be a game 7!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Heat are done, Celtics took their soul last night.

Boston by 5 or better Monday, I'm calling it.

Everything certainly points to that, which is why I believe it won't happen.  Hardly scientific, just a gut feel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Everything certainly points to that, which is why I believe it won't happen.  Hardly scientific, just a gut feel.

Boston's gonna slap their mammy down

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/28/2023 at 5:09 PM, goose said:

Boston's gonna slap their mammy down

Celtics in 9

• Haha 2

Charles Barkley was right:  the Celtics win games on talent, not on fundamentally sound basketball.  And when everyone is settling for “hero” shots, and they don’t fall, you get blown out.

“If you take another 3, I’m gonna punch you in the face.”  That’s why Barkley is a great analyst.  Maybe Wyc can convince him to coach the team next year.

9 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Charles Barkley was right:  the Celtics win games on talent, not on fundamentally sound basketball.  And when everyone is settling for “hero” shots, and they don’t fall, you get blown out.

“If you take another 3, I’m gonna punch you in the face.”  That’s why Barkley is a great analyst.  Maybe Wyc can convince him to coach the team next year.

No one cares enough about losing. They need to trade Brown and Smart and bring in an alpha dog (like Butler or Lillard) for Tatum. 

On 5/29/2023 at 10:43 PM, laughedatbytime said:

Celtics in 9

I will admit, I thought the Heat were toast after Saturday's loss, and the Celtics were going to steamroll them in game 7-initially I predicted Boston by 5 or better.  It just seems when someone on the teams founders, someone else fills in. 

Jimmy Buckets and the Miami Boys vs Joker and the Gold Miners-should be fun.  Heat in 7.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I will admit, I thought the Heat were toast after Saturday's loss, and the Celtics were going to steamroll them in game 7-initially I predicted Boston by 5 or better.  It just seems when someone on the teams founders, someone else fills in. 

Jimmy Buckets and the Miami Boys vs Joker and the Gold Miners-should be fun.  Heat in 7.

The Heat had to beat the Bulls just to get into the playoffs. This league is turning into the NHL. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

1-1 going to Miami.  Don't know who's going to win, but they're playing all seven.

Time for the Panthers to do the same tonight.   :pirate:  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

1-1 going to Miami.  Don't know who's going to win, but they're playing all seven.

In the 4th quarter Miami sold the refs on some non-fouls, and to the Heat's credit they capitalized and turned it into a run that created a big enough lead to win.  I hope it goes seven.

After the final seconds ticked off the clock last night, Jokovich's first action was to track down every Miami Heat player and shake there hand.  That was a class move.  :yes:

Congrats to the Nuggets, and here's wishing them a repeat next year  :cheers:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, goose said:

After the final seconds ticked off the clock last night, Jokovich's first action was to track down every Miami Heat player and shake there hand.  That was a class move.  :yes:

Congrats to the Nuggets, and here's wishing them a repeat next year  :cheers:

You can be classy when you win.  :wink:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

You can be classy when you win.  :wink:

A true statement, which certain star players - who are from other countries - are trying to teach the local players.  

Edited by Principled Man