Let's cut Neil some WELL DESERVED slack!

Thunder Bay Rush

I'm sick of people acting like they know the process behind Rush's thinking. you're not in the band so shut up.

and let them be.

Mick

Then there would be nothing left to argue about! :D

• Like 4

I'm sick of people acting like they know the process behind Rush's thinking. you're not in the band so shut up.

and let them be.

Mick

true. TRF needs bickering to live, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I will not get involved.

I will not get involved.

I will not get involved.

I will not get involved.

I will not get involved.

if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

I will not get involved.

but you already are....just by posting.

No, I'm not. I'm not involved.

and let them be.

Mick

true. TRF needs bickering to live, lol

Mick

It's what keeps some people here coming back for more. Not me of course. :LOL:

If Neil wants to retire, he should just open his mouth and say it. Don't drag the fans along, don't drag Geddy and Alex along, just either confirm or deny you're done with Rush. I'd have a LOT more respect for him if he would just be honest with himself and say it.

Maybe Neil doesn't feel he owes the fans an explanation, any more than an insurance guy owes his clients an explanation when he turns 63 and decides it's time to go.

• Like 2

Two out of the last three albums ain't bad. Having Snakes be the last thing they recorded in the studio would have been a tragedy.

Neil has worked very hard to become one of the best rock drummers out there. 40 years or so on the road... he went through some personal crap that many people could not have made it through... He has a wife and a young daughter (I am so happy that he found a "second chance" at a great family life.) If he doesn't want to tour anymore, I can understand why. Pretty obvious, really.

Don't forget... the man is 62. Anyone here ever thought about retiring? I hear some pretty insensitive things about Neil and it bugs the sh** outta me. We should all be thankful that we ever had the chance to hear and see him play, read his lyrics and books. The man is getting some bad arrows slung in his direction and it’s not fair. Stop being so selfish.

I hope he does retire.

EXTREMELY WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Neil wants to retire, he should just open his mouth and say it. Don't drag the fans along, don't drag Geddy and Alex along, just either confirm or deny you're done with Rush. I'd have a LOT more respect for him if he would just be honest with himself and say it.

Maybe Neil doesn't feel he owes the fans an explanation, any more than an insurance guy owes his clients an explanation when he turns 63 and decides it's time to go.

Is an insurance guy in the limelight?

Has anyone really thought about the fact that Neil was huge into Anne Rand at one time? Surely it had something to do with his development as a human being and his world view. His individualism is all over his lyrics. It just surprises me that people seriously wonder why he is the way he is.

Has anyone really thought about the fact that Neil was huge into Anne Rand at one time? Surely it had something to do with his development as a human being and his world view. His individualism is all over his lyrics. It just surprises me that people seriously wonder why he is the way he is.

He also retracted his statements on that issue.

He also retracted his statements on that issue.

Not exactly. He said he didn't believe in her work as much now. But that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that he read a lot of that in his youth, it would be a formative thing as far as personality goes.

I don't give a shit anymore. R40 was a killer set, CA's a good album to go out on. geddy and alex can start another band and let peart write highly detailed descriptions of tumbleweeds.

I am a young fan, I went to 4 shows and not 400 like some of you nuts, but I don't wanna see a band as good as rush turn into the rolling chodes or def dildo

• Like 7

I don't give a shit anymore. R40 was a killer set, CA's a good album to go out on. geddy and alex can start another band and let peart write highly detailed descriptions of tumbleweeds.

I am a young fan, I went to 4 shows and not 400 like some of you nuts, but I don't wanna see a band as good as rush turn into the rolling chodes or def dildo

:cheerleader: ...
  • Like 1

that being said, I do understand tony's point of view, but I think it was pretty obvious we weren't getting another round of dates. I mean, 35 shows is hardly a tour anyway for any other working rock band, and peart's been wanting to retire since before I was even born

:LOL:

Raw yet pretty close to my own sentiments. I'm not so young but I've only seen them 6 times over the last 33 years.

• Like 1

Raw yet pretty close to my own sentiments. I'm not so young but I've only seen them 6 times over the last 33 years.

Hell I only saw them 10 times in 39 years but I was real busy for over 20 of those years. The "lost years"... :)
  • Like 1

Hell I only saw them 10 times in 39 years but I was real busy for over 20 of those years. The "lost years"... :)

My "real busy"/"Lost years" excuse include:

1) I was just 10 when I first saw them on the Signals tour.

2) They skipped my hometown for GUP, PoW, and HYF (it's not like I could've pedaled my Team Murray bicycle to Atlanta or Tampa from north Florida).

3) In my late teens and early 20s I saw them for Presto, Bones, and Counterparts.

4) Test for Echo tour happened during my last term in uni so I just couldn't make it (stress and whatnot at the end of that life phase).

5) By the time VT and R30 went down I was already living across the planet and couldn't make it back for gigs.

6) Then in '07 I went to Toronto and saw them twice because I thought it'd likely be my last chance....I was pretty much right because my life events (good & bad) during CA and this last tour made it basically impossible to attend.

I don't need,

To give him any slack. He can do what ever he wants to. It's that simple.

You know if you are going to go Full Shatner your post should look more like this...

"I don't need,

To give him, any,

slack. He can do,

what ever he wants, to.

It's that, simple."

This struck me very funny at first ... and then it kept getting funnier

My dog is looking at me very concerned right now

• Like 1

I think his Rand phase was a symptom, rather than the cause, of his social phobia. ;)

Edited by JARG
  • Like 1

Too late!

I think his Rand phase was a symptom, rather than the cause, of his social phobia. ;)

Could be. I just think it's funny when people wonder why Neil isn't the social butterfly. Read his lyrics. It's all there. :)

• Like 1