Post Unpopular Rush Opinions

Eel Yddeg

Everything this Century 'lyrically' is weaker than any other timeframe in Rush history.

Hope is a horrible, horrible song. (Sorry it's personal between Alex and I on this song)

New World Man was an attempt by either the studio, Terry Brown, or the band to get Top 40 radio airplay. I am convinced of such.

IMO- It was Terry Brown's idea, hence his last Rush record. And the fact the band has ignored the song for 20+ years live.

And finally, CA was 66 minutes too long.

i don't know whether your post is serious or not, but I read that Terry hated Digital Man and refused to put it on the album.

Everything this Century 'lyrically' is weaker than any other timeframe in Rush history.

Hope is a horrible, horrible song. (Sorry it's personal between Alex and I on this song)

New World Man was an attempt by either the studio, Terry Brown, or the band to get Top 40 radio airplay. I am convinced of such.

IMO- It was Terry Brown's idea, hence his last Rush record. And the fact the band has ignored the song for 20+ years live.

i don't know whether your post is serious or not, but I read that Terry hated Digital Man and refused to put it on the album.

My posts are always serious.

I don't have a funny bone in my body.

Except that time I got drunk with Gilbert Gottfried.... :outtahere:

• Like 1

Forgive me. But I thought I remembered you cracking a joke once. I may have confused you with someone else.

• Like 1

CA is still after 15 years....or so it feels like 15 years........the most Overrated Rush Album. Good for an ordinary band. but this is Rush and MAN is it sub-par.

HAD to re-state my opinion on CA.......i've been gone a while, lol.

Mick

Mick is overrated.

Sorry couldn't resist!

:outtahere:

i am overrated. and way to negative..........but i gotta be me.

:dweez:

Mick

I kid. :)

• Like 1

Some of the new music is just as vital as the old. It's just different.

I'd point to the VT album - and I know the responses coming. But have you ever really listened to Nocturne? It totally fracking jams. Yeah dark, and layered, but it's got a groove.

Freeze? Vapor Trail? The mighty Earthshine? It is all fantastic songwriting, and playing.

Try the remix, it's a better representation.

CA? Hell, The Anarchist moved me like no Rush song has since...since i don't know when. Back in the CP era. The Anarchist is the reason I picked up the bass again after 20 years. And most of the songs on CA are fantastic, IMHO. Just as vital as what the band did in it's younger days.

Yes these are unpopular opinions and for good reason. I agree with the opposite of all of these statement... :codger: :)
  • Like 1

So where is the unpopular part?...
  • Like 3

I am with Mick, I love Rush but currently they do zilch.

Still love them though. Like Lacuna Coil, they will forever be top ten.

Just kinda hated the fanboy hype around R40 and it jaded my enjoyment a little.

If you hate on this post, it proves my point.

• Like 2

Did you attend an R40 concert?

I did. And the hype around R40 was well justified.

The shows were truly EPIC

• Like 2

It wasn't the concert loving. It was the gang together attitude, we know better, you are wrong ,our album is the best crowd that i detested, and others felt that way too.

A lot of guys in this forum, perhaps not intentionally, made some guys here feel dwarfed into insignificance.

Pretty sure a few know exactly who they are.

Posts like this are gonna get me love, I just know it, lol!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Hold Your Fire is absolutely magical.

It really is, and itnisodd but it feels like a completely different band from the mostly similar Power Windows.

Hold Your Fire is beauty on another level, all on its own.

• Like 1

Hold Your Fire is absolutely magical.

It really is, and it is odd but it feels like a completely different band from the mostly similar Power Windows.

Hold Your Fire is beauty on another level, all on its own.

Yep...totally agree.

• Like 1

It wasn't the concert loving. It was the gang together attitude, we know better, you are wrong ,our album is the best crowd that i detested, and others felt that way too.

What? By the "gang together attitude", do you mean the way it brought people together? A lot of us here on TRF met in real life and became actual friends because of this tour, but I wouldn't call that "ganging together". It definitely was a bonding experience though.

• Like 2

Yeah right. :eyeroll: :LOL:

• Like 1

Yeah right. :eyeroll: :LOL:

Damn, thought I had you fooled too.................LOL

• Like 1

What? By the "gang together attitude", do you mean the way it brought people together? A lot of us here on TRF met in real life and became actual friends because of this tour, but I wouldn't call that "ganging together". It definitely was a bonding experience though.

no he means tour time brings out the worst in some here. which it certainly did during r40.

Mick

• Like 2

Oh no not that, it gets very exciting around a new tour, album time and sometimes in the excitement things are said and attitudes are brought to the fore that leave others feeling particularly on edge regarding wanting to speak their mind.

It is OK to disagree, this is the unpopular opinion thread.

• Like 3

Oh no not that, it gets very exciting around a new tour, album time and sometimes in the excitement things are said and attitudes are brought to the fore that leave others feeling particularly on edge regarding wanting to speak their mind.

It is OK to disagree, this is the unpopular opinion thread.

It's also known as the "Rush can do no wrong" virus.

• Like 2