Post Unpopular Rush Opinions

Eel Yddeg

Geddy Lee is by far the most talented member of Rush

Actually thats a pretty popular opinion.

It is indeed. There is probably a poll around here somewhere to prove it... :)

Rush has never released an album that was bad from beginning to end. They've released bad songs but never a full album that was bad.

Someone hasn't heard Presto, it seems... ;)

It's not the closest to reaching that criteria in my opinion. 5 stinky songs out of 11 and the production doesn't bother me at all. I would take it over the most recent productions...

Rush has never released an album that was bad from beginning to end. They've released bad songs but never a full album that was bad.

.. this was originally posted in 1980

At least I'm not stuck there like you.

LOL

excellent

it's actually 1976

I am more around 79'. For the most part all of the great material by all my favorite bands had been made by then. It was mostly with very few exceptions all downhill from there sadly... :codger:
  • Like 1

Rush should have retired in 1987....

And never put out Counterparts, Test for Echo, Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows, and especially Clockwork Angels? No thanks.

Or Presto.

Yes, Presto is good too. It's grown on me. :)

And never put out Counterparts, Test for Echo, Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows, and especially Clockwork Angels? No thanks.

Or Presto.

It was the studio first album released after I became a fan (after Show of Hands) and my first show so I have a soft spot for it. I actually love the feel, sound and production of the album which is more than I can say for the fiasco which followed it.

• Like 1

Or Presto.

It was the studio first album released after I became a fan (after Show of Hands) and my first show so I have a soft spot for it. I actually love the feel, sound and production of the album which is more than I can say for the fiasco which followed it.

I think there's a lot of good to the music, I can't say I like the production though. The whole album just sounds faded and weak because of it. Roll the Bones is the only Rush album I genuinely dislike, but fortunately it was followed by the awesomeness that is Counterparts.

"In three months we will begin our 40th anniversary tour. Oh, and by the way, this will be your last chance ever to see Rush perform live ever again, except the other two are not allowing me to actually say this publicly. Only to Jack Black and Bard.

We will be ignoring Europe, South America, also skipping many US markets, and playing only four shows where we have always sold our most tickets at the highest prices, in the northeast US.

If 3 months isn't enough notice for our whiney, greedy fans not wanting us to retire without an extensive farewell tour as thanks to all of you who helped us earn wealth and fame beyond our wildest youthful dreams, eff off."

"In three months we will begin our 40th anniversary tour. Oh, and by the way, this will be your last chance ever to see Rush perform live ever again, except the other two are not allowing me to actually say this publicly. Only to Jack Black and Bard.

We will be ignoring Europe, South America, also skipping many US markets, and playing only four shows where we have always sold our most tickets at the highest prices, in the northeast US.

If 3 months isn't enough notice for our whiney, greedy fans not wanting us to retire without an extensive farewell tour as thanks to all of you who helped us earn wealth and fame beyond our wildest youthful dreams, eff off."

Oh, snap!

• Like 1

Geddy Lee is by far the most talented member of Rush

Actually thats a pretty popular opinion.

People usually give that accolade to Alex or Neil.

I have been around here for two years now and that isn't the impression I have gotten anyway. I know there has been a poll or ten on the subject in the past but I ain't going to dig it/them up. I am pretty sure the majority at least think Ged is the most talented... :)

C'mon...the other two wouldn't let me say this publicly, except to Jack Black n Bard? This gold Jerry, gold!

Vapor Trails is a masterpiece, and Earthshine is a better song than Hemispheres.

Is that a popular or unpopular opinion around here? Sometimes its hard to tell... :LOL:

It's my opinion. :yes:

Vapor Trails is a masterpiece, and Earthshine is a better song than Hemispheres.

Is that a popular or unpopular opinion around here? Sometimes its hard to tell... :LOL:

It's my opinion. :yes:

Good to hear. Just happy it isn't mine... :cheers:
  • Like 3