Post Unpopular Rush Opinions

Eel Yddeg

Test For Echo is one of my favorite Rush albums.

Haha. Suck it trebek. I knew I wasn't he only one!! Which cut is your favorite? Mine is probably Driven, Resist or Color of Right.

I like all three of those though maybe Driven a tiny bit more than the other two

Test for echo, Driven, Resist, Carve Away The Stone and Time And Motion are FANTASTIC SONGS!
  • Like 2

The cover for the new R40 release is awesome... :)

I actually really like it

So you're the one... ;)
  • Like 3

So you're the one... ;)

It looks like a funky packaged bootleg!

I sorta like that cheap knockoff look...

Color of right and Half the world are better songs than Closer to the heart

O wow...

Just...

Wow...

Don't care that much for the AFTK version of Xanadu. ESL version is way better. AFTK version is slightly sharp (not A440) which means they probably sped up the master tape. I'm sure they had their reasons but it sounds a little chipmunkish in spots.
  • Like 1

Here's one.

Presto has some of Neils best drum work. And his sound kicks ass on that record too.

Mick

Best drum work? Yup

Best Geddy vocals? Yup

Best sense of melody? Yup

Best use of rabbits on an album cover? Yup

CA has nothing to offer that the band haven't already done better before, and up against other albums of the last few years, it has already been forgotten by all but the fan base it seems.

I'd say presto is their most melodic album.

with one of the most beautiful album closers ever.

Mick

:goodone:
  • Like 1

Don't care that much for the AFTK version of Xanadu. ESL version is way better. AFTK version is slightly sharp (not A440) which means they probably sped up the master tape. I'm sure they had their reasons but it sounds a little chipmunkish in spots.

They did...to make it fit.

Color of right and Half the world are better songs than Closer to the heart

O wow...

Just...

Wow...

High on crack...and totin' a machine gun.

The Sign O The Times nod on the big list has me listening to it again

• Like 1

Test For Echo is one of my favorite Rush albums.

Haha. Suck it trebek. I knew I wasn't he only one!! Which cut is your favorite? Mine is probably Driven, Resist or Color of Right.

I like all three of those though maybe Driven a tiny bit more than the other two

Driven kicks ass! Hell I even like Dog Years. Yes, the lyrics are arguably horrendous, but as a cattle dog nerd, I can't help but like it.

• Like 3

You don't like the Chipmunks, bro?

• Like 1

Anybody who wasn't around for the original release of any particular Rush album can only be a wholly inadequate interpreter as to how it measures up versus another work or how it sits within their oeuvre.

Anybody who wasn't around for the original release of any particular Rush album can only be a wholly inadequate interpreter as to how it measures up versus another work or how it sits within their oeuvre.

So basically when we are all dead, no one alive 200 years from now who discovers Rush will have a right to voice their opinion.

Young people who grew up with their music, perhaps from an earlier age than most of the older ones here, lack the essential qualifications to speak their mind and be accepted in conversation?

Those who knew of Rush but discovered them fully years after have no right to an opinion?

What about those who stopped listening to Rush with MP but picked up again around CA? Are they too inexperienced regarding the era from Signals to SA to be able to use their now current knowledge and experience to form a well rounded and fair opinion?

What rubbish.

• Like 2

So basically when we are all dead, no one alive 200 years from now who discovers Rush will have a right to voice their opinion.

Young people who grew up with their music, perhaps from an earlier age than most of the older ones here, lack the essential qualifications to speak their mind and be accepted in conversation?

Those who knew of Rush but discovered them fully years after have no right to an opinion?

What about those who stopped listening to Rush with MP but picked up again around CA? Are they too inexperienced regarding the era from Signals to SA to be able to use their now current knowledge and experience to form a well rounded and fair opinion?

What rubbish.

Wait.... But this IS true. :)

• Like 2