Post Unpopular Rush Opinions

Eel Yddeg

I don't understand why he never did have voice lessons.

I guess he, like most everyone in their twenties, thought what he had then would last forever.

Even when he would speak to the crowd back then.....it was shouted, lol

it's sad when you know where it leads.

Mick

I don't understand why he never did have voice lessons.

I guess he, like most everyone in their twenties, thought what he had then would last forever.

Even when he would speak to the crowd back then.....it was shouted, lol

it's sad when you know where it leads.

Mick

Mick, I noticed that too. He always kept that level of voice going even when he wasn't singing.

It is sad, and I would have a hard time believing that he doesn't regret having taken care of his voice back then, or that he doesn't listen to old albums and feel bad when he hears how he used to be able to sing.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Why should it be considered sad, though, when he can still belt out great vocals?

But that's your opinion that some don't share.

No one says he can't sing anymore, but it is for sure and certain he doesn't have the voice he once had.

I understand- it may be my unpopular opinion...so we're in the right thread!

True, I agree that he doesn't sound like he did in the '70s, those much earlier days. I was just questioning the assertion that he should listen to what he used to sound like and consider it sad, necessarily, that he doesn't sound like that anymore.

I'm of the opinion that he became a much better vocalist, from a technical standpoint, later on.

• Like 1

Why should it be considered sad, though, when he can still belt out great vocals?

really? really?

lol.

i'm kiding, lol

I don't 100 percent agree though.

Mick

I know. No harm no foul... ;)

No one says he can't sing anymore, but it is for sure and certain he doesn't have the voice he once had.

True, I agree that he doesn't sound like he did in the '70s, those much earlier days. I was just questioning the assertion that he should listen to what he used to sound like and consider it sad, necessarily, that he doesn't sound like that anymore.

I'm of the opinion that he became a much better vocalist, from a technical standpoint, later on.

You're right.

I'm wrong.

OK? :)

I'm sort of turned off by Alex's tone during some parts of Xanadu.

I'll have to listen to the song and pay attention to the timing to be able to relate to you exactly when it is (if I tried to describe it right now, you'd all look like this --> :eh: ...but you may be looking like that anyway, after what I've typed so far in this post :P )...

And I love the song. I don't mean to detract from its greatness, in any way. I just wish the guitar tone were different in some of the instrumental passages in the first half of it.

For example, that E chord he hits, that vibrates over the top of the main riff...it just sounds kind of thin to me.

Let the rotten fruit come sailing through the air, aimed at my face...I don't care.

Still a wonderful song...but the guitar tone, in certain places during the song, is the only thing that doesn't really fit.

In my (surely unpopular) opinion.

Same!

I love how we all have such strong views! Isn't it amazing hownwe all love the same band, but often for completely different reasons?!?

I wish dearly that I could appreciate everything they did. Especially when I hear the absolute insane love for albums I am cold too!

But Narps is right, the debut is a priceless gem. It has taken me a long, and I mean LONG time to adjust to the sound of the early seventies, and I am mesmerised by the joy and accomplished playing on the debut. When all is said and done, for most bands to reach that level of goodness (some will argue great), it takes years and years. A bunch of lads five years younger than me did it first time around!

Annnnnd it only got better! (Sorry I don't enjoy FBN).

I want to apologise to the awesome dude who wrote that post that I went crazy after: I get it now. I wasn't there, it takes my ears a bit of getting used too to pick up on the greatness of a lot of older rock n roll.

But I want too! I always feel rewarded by the effort I out into understanding the lost art of a distant era!

• Like 1

You're right.

I'm wrong.

Not what I was getting at at all, no...opinions are all that we 're discussing, and they are, by their nature, neither right nor wrong.

• Like 2

You're right.

I'm wrong.

Not what I was getting at at all, no...opinions are all that we 're discussing, and they are, by their nature, neither right nor wrong.

99% of everything posted on this forum is opinions. Some people just act like theirs are the only ones.

• Like 1

You're right.

I'm wrong.

99% of everything posted on this forum is opinions. Some people just act like theirs are the only ones.

BUT THAT IS ONLY YOUR OPINION!

• Like 1

Opinions spark Debate which i like.................so long as it's not Zumbi/Earl/Fraroc style.

Oh Mick that was awful!!!!!!!!!

Mick

This calls for cute things:

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/I+recentrly+went+to+the+art+museum+in+my+city+_dbd9f27fb55da41aba829f52ca3d010a.jpg

(Although I kinda have Earl to thank for Accept and Dokken).

• Like 1

You're right.

I'm wrong.

BUT THAT IS ONLY YOUR OPINION!

Haha! I almost put that. :)

• Like 1

Opinions spark Debate which i like.................so long as it's not Zumbi/Earl/Fraroc style.

Mick

But I'll bet everyone who read it knew exactly what you were talking about.

• Like 2

Mick

But I'll bet everyone who read it knew exactly what you were talking about.

Agreed so hard, just glad I wasn't the first to say it.

The Main Monkey Business is better than YYZ.

that it is.

Mick

That one would be closer to impossible than unpopular...
  • Like 5

The Main Monkey Business is better than YYZ.

that it is.

Mick

That one would be closer to impossible than unpopular...

i like what i like good buddy, lol

YYZ Is number 3 if i had to rank instrumentals.

Mick

• Like 1