Neil Peart - Most Overrated Drummer Ever

LedRush

Is anyone here capable of being objective enough to know who is genuinely the best rock drummer?

There is no such thing. "Best" is 100% subjective.

everyone looks for different things in music. if all you want is a simple beat, frank beard from zz top might be the best drummer ever. it's all up to the listener

Then why do people argue about it if it's all subjective as to who is the best drummer?

Some folks like to argue and think their opinion is right.

that's bullshit! you're crazy! and here's why...

• Like 3

Neil Peart must be the most overrated drummer ever. He doesn't have any groove, he can't hit all the little fills he pretends are so important, and his overly busy style detracts from the great songs that Rush writes. I love his writings, recommendations, and nuanced political views, but his drumming is just atrocious.

:LOL:
  • Like 2

Is anyone here capable of being objective enough to know who is genuinely the best rock drummer?

Yes. It is an objective moral claim, fact, if you will, that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer of all time.

Led, what song do you think he drums the worst on?

He does seem like a very nice man, though...very down to earth. I almost feel bad criticizing him.

I think I just peed a little! That's funny right there!!!

Neil is nothing compared to the Sharp Dressed Man drummer, that guy is the true sensei. In a similar way, Alex is nothing next to the true master of the guitar, Michael Angelo Batio

• Like 1

I know everyone's dicking around, but the funniest thing is that this would be a serious thread on a punk rock forum

Yes, proving that people who like punk are stupid.

I was one of those people who in the late 70s who use to file my Yes,Rush and ELP albums next to the Sex Pistols,Damned and Ramones.(and Village People).I was very stupid.

I still like punk. Yesterday was German punk day, featuring Die Toten Hosen. :haz:

I know everyone's dicking around, but the funniest thing is that this would be a serious thread on a punk rock forum

Yes, proving that people who like punk are stupid.

Yeah...no one smart likes punk.

Neil Peart must be the most overrated drummer ever. He doesn't have any groove, he can't hit all the little fills he pretends are so important, and his overly busy style detracts from the great songs that Rush writes. I love his writings, recommendations, and nuanced political views, but his drumming is just atrocious.

Well, he's no Bun E. Carlos, if that's what you're saying. Now that guy has chops. Edited by goose
  • Like 3

I have never once seen him do this...

http://media.giphy.com/media/BrnXsmC9U3eFi/giphy.gif

'nuff said

That dude is amazing! :D

I'm sure the guys playing front of him are going 'oh god, the drummer's going full retard again.' :facepalm:

• Like 1

I have never once seen him do this...

http://media.giphy.com/media/BrnXsmC9U3eFi/giphy.gif

'nuff said

That dude is amazing! :D

I'm sure the guys playing front of him are going 'oh god, the drummer's going full retard again.' :facepalm:

Is that what your friends think when you use the word "retard" as an insult?

• Like 5

I'm confused, there's a lack of panties and tightie whiteies in this thread. :huh:

That's because you're in the wrong subforum. ;)

Everyone in here goes commando?

I do often. It's good to be free.

As for Peart he is almost as good as Tico Tores another giant in rock and roll drumming.

• Like 2

LMAO! Yet he remains probably the most influential rock drummer of all time. This is a troll post if I ever saw one...

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

They're just bored in SOCN.

http://i.imgur.com/lhpYvp1.gif

• Like 4

LMAO! Yet he remains probably the most influential rock drummer of all time. This is a troll post if I ever saw one...

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

Which is strange considering Trump is running for POTUS and the Russians are killing poor brown people in Syria.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 2

Which is strange considering Trump is running for POTUS and the Russians are killing poor brown people in Syria.

Let's get back to the topic at hand, JR, and not get distracted with any of that fluff.

• Like 2