Neil Peart - Most Overrated Drummer Ever

LedRush

I just found a really good version of In The End.

See if you can find it:

Capitol Punishment

4/17/77

Lisner Auditorium

Washington DC

Thank you Lorraine, I am listening to it now and it is beautiful!

Alex does something slightly different with his guitar in the beginning of the song that I liked very much.

That's why I love listening to these bootlegs. :)

• Like 1

See if you can find it:

Capitol Punishment

4/17/77

Lisner Auditorium

Washington DC

Lisner Auditorium :dweez: Been there. Could have been at that show had I been paying closer attention back then :rage: . Very different times then though... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

See if you can find it:

Capitol Punishment

4/17/77

Lisner Auditorium

Washington DC

Alex does something slightly different with his guitar in the beginning of the song that I liked very much.

Agreed! This summer, my sister visited and she asked why I had so many Rush bootleg cd's in my car. :D (It wasn't that many, like 4) I was trying to explain, like you said- "Geddy's voice is great on this The End; I love Bastille Day on this one; I love this Xanadu on long drives etc etc. She is convinced I'm insane but her husband is a huge Deadhead so she is used to it! :D

• Like 1

See if you can find it:

Capitol Punishment

4/17/77

Lisner Auditorium

Washington DC

but her husband is a huge Deadhead so she is used to it! :D

Sh*tty music?... ;)
  • Like 1

See if you can find it:

Capitol Punishment

4/17/77

Lisner Auditorium

Washington DC

but her husband is a huge Deadhead so she is used to it! :D

Sh*tty music?... ;)

Ahahahaha, mostly yes, IMO. I was laughing so hard one night, the guitarist from Megadeth was on VH 1 and told this joke, something about- "What do Deadheads say when their drugs run out? Answer- These guys suck!" I like some of Jerry Garcia's guitar playing but sister and Bro in law like the space jam stuff which I just don't get at all.

• Like 1

See if you can find it:

Capitol Punishment

4/17/77

Lisner Auditorium

Washington DC

Lisner Auditorium :dweez: Been there. Could have been at that show had I been paying closer attention back then :rage: . Very different times then though...

Too bad we didn't know back then we'd be straining our brain cells to remember more details of the concerts we attended one day. I'm sure we would have committed as many details as we could to memory.

• Like 2

Bottom line: The band would be better if it had different members.

Amen brother!

With anonymous costumed musicians and a skeleton-faced pope as a front man. They could do ABBA cover-versions.
  • Like 1

a one, two, three, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyY_n3ezDI

Awesome. I have never heard this before. The one,two,three,fooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr is incredible. Gave me chills to be honest... :codger:

If I remember correctly :unsure: , I think EagleMoon mentioned this one once.

holy fret buzz geddy yeesh!

• Like 1

a one, two, three, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Awesome. I have never heard this before. The one,two,three,fooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr is incredible. Gave me chills to be honest... :codger:

Incredibly breathtaking stuff. Before that, I had no idea Canadians didn't still use base 4.

I noticed it too. Kind of impossible not to I suppose. I knew it had something to do with his bass but wasn't sure what was going on exactly. The fooooouuuuurrrrr erased it from my mind quick. I love the occasional feedback and imperfections on ATWAS but there is nothing near that bad on it... :) Edited by Narps

I noticed it too. Kind of impossible not to I suppose. I knew it had something to do with his bass but wasn't sure what was going on exactly. The fooooouuuuurrrrr erased it from my mind quick. I love the occasional feedback and imperfections on ATWAS but there is nothing near that bad on it... :)

Do you happen to know how he got his voice to echo?

I noticed it too. Kind of impossible not to I suppose. I knew it had something to do with his bass but wasn't sure what was going on exactly. The fooooouuuuurrrrr erased it from my mind quick. I love the occasional feedback and imperfections on ATWAS but there is nothing near that bad on it... :)

I don't. I just know they did it alot back then. Some genius here with know though. We have lots of them... :)
  • Like 1

Amen brother!

Back at you, soul sister.

Yeah, the unavoidable truth is simply that the band would have been better with different members. No getting around that basic fact.

Edit: maybe replace them with something like The Monkees, only updated?

Edited by Closer to the Heart
  • Like 1

I don't. I just know they did it alot back then. Some genius here with know though. We have lots of them... :)

That we do. :) We won't have to wait long before one happens upon the thread. :popcorn:

I've learned a lot about music since I've been here. I used to think it was all so simple. Pick up a guitar or sit down at a drum kit and just start playing away. :|

I think he must have just picked up the new Ric and hadn't set it up yet. :LOL:

• Like 1

Amen brother!

Back at you, soul sister.

Yeah, the unavoidable truth is simply that the band would have been better with different members. No getting around that basic fact.

Edit: maybe replace them with something like The Monkees, only updated?

:o My good man! Isn't that taking it a bit too far? Who could ever replace The Monkees? And how could Neil Peart ever think of being another Micky Dolenz?

• Like 2