Neil Peart - Most Overrated Drummer Ever

LedRush

a one, two, three, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyY_n3ezDI

Awesome. I have never heard this before. The one,two,three,fooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr is incredible. Gave me chills to be honest... :codger:

:haz:
  • Like 4

a one, two, three, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Awesome. I have never heard this before. The one,two,three,fooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr is incredible. Gave me chills to be honest... :codger:

I'm sure he blew out a vocal cord or two when he did that.

• Like 3

Narps is right about the song giving you the chills. No matter what version I listen to, I always have the same reaction. I can't imagine what it was like back then to actually be in the audience when they did it live.

Edit: The one I just listened to (Soundboard-Date: May 30, 1976-Location: The Nelson Center, Springfield, Illinois, USA) has Alex having to tune his own guitar after they finish In The End and before they do Working Man. They've come a long way from having to do that themselves. Now he just hands one guitar to his tech who hands him another properly tuned guitar. :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

It's on Youtube, called (guess what) Geddy Lee counts to Four. :D My husband actually bought this somewhat unauthorized CD from Amazon and it is my favorite version of 'In the End'; it's wonderful. Ok, back to Neil :)

I found it!!! I have it as Bad Boys In Cleveland. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm so glad you have it! It is a really good recording, I think. The last 3 songs were added later is what it says on my CD, and the sound on those is not quite as clear but I love it all. It is such high energy and great vocals from Geddy that it is one of my favorites! I think it is around some places also as Fifth order of Angels.

• Like 2

I found it!!! I have it as Bad Boys In Cleveland. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Bad Boys?... :laughing guy:
  • Like 2

I'm so glad you have it! It is a really good recording, I think. The last 3 songs were added later is what it says on my CD, and the sound on those is not quite as clear but I love it all. It is such high energy and great vocals from Geddy that it is one of my favorites! I think it is around some places also as Fifth order of Angels.

High energy and great vocals is right, and as I listened to him, all I could think was "there's nothing like being young."

• Like 1

Oh come on, you know they traded each other's tests in Jr. high! Derelicts!

• Like 1

His lyrics are way overrated. What's with the stupid crap he writes about? Flying into a black hole? Seriously?

Eh, just a bunch of shit he stole from books.

Rolling Stone, re:Peart's lyrics...

"All it proves is that he has a library card " :LOL:

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

I think it's because that show has them doing a cover of Bad Boy.

I think it's because that show has them doing a cover of Bad Boy.

Bad Boy Boogie? :wub: :)

I just found a really good version of In The End.

See if you can find it:

Capitol Punishment

4/17/77

Lisner Auditorium

Washington DC

Thank you Lorraine, I am listening to it now and it is beautiful!

• Like 1