Hemispheres vs. Moving Pictures

Lorraine

http://www.silhouette-international.com/silhouette/media/images/50years-of-excellence_2.jpg

And I say Moving Pictures is the better album. I listen to Hemispheres more, these days, though.

Better get some older folks to show up... :codger:

I wanted to ask everyone to state their age too, but figured someone would get offended and wonder what that has to do with anything, but I think it does.

It does but I am convinced that when you got into the band matters more. On occasion they go hand in hand like me for example... :)

Better get some older folks to show up... :codger:

I wanted to ask everyone to state their age too, but figured someone would get offended and wonder what that has to do with anything, but I think it does.

It does but I am convinced that when you got into the band matters more. On occasion they go hand in hand like me for example... :)

The first time I ever heard Hemispheres was two years ago, but excellence is excellence and it never dulls. :wub:

• Like 1

I was thinking about posting this, but you beat me to it.

Anyways, HEMISPHERES

BigBobby, I didn't want to put it in Feedback because this subforum gets more exposure and I wanted more people to see the thread.

I would have loved to have made it a poll though.

• Like 1

Rushman2112 and his thread gave me an idea.

Without turning into a battle, if you would be so kind as to post which of the two albums is the better one in your opinion.

First poster wins popcorn.

Apples and oranges. They had moved on by MP so it's unfair to choose. Equally their best works without one shred of filler :)

• Like 2

Im gonna reluctantly go moving pictures.

If you ask again in 30 days i coukd easily say hemispheres.

To me it just depends what Rush "phase" im in. If that makes sense

If you force yourself to sing above your range, as Geddy claims he had to do when he sang Hemispheres, does it hurt your throat?

I'm asking because it doesn't sound like he is straining. He had a beautiful voice back then. And I honestly think he sang it great this R40 tour. Considering all the decades that separated him from the making of the album. I wonder if he could have sung the whole song? I think so. Edit: Hahahaha maybe not. We will call you Cygnus, the god of balance you shall be! :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Throw off all those chains of reason

And your prison disappears

Edited by Lorraine

Eh this tired old thread brought back to life??? Sheesh...

Edit: well I'll be a douche bag's sister-in-law this thread is new!

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 2

Age-51

Hemesperes- A+

Moving Pictures-A+

Tie

For me both are Brilliant!

I have to admit if I was asked to choose 10yrs ago Moving Pictures would've won as I only really liked The Trees and Lavilla off Hemisperes. But after much digestion and the test of time I really really love ALL of Hemispheres and probably listen to it more than Moving Pictures today.

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :rush:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1