Ghost - Meliora

adace1

Everybody is talking about Ghost, guess I'll have to check them out

Check out Magna Carta Cartel and Subvision while you're at it! Tobias Forge is amazing.
  • Like 1

They are fun! And not at all what you would expect from a Swedish black metal band. Here's the latest album:

• Like 2

Ive actually heard MCC before. I actually do like what is going on there, nice and melodic with something actually deep going on there. Ghost is a ruse, and a poor one at that. I think theres already enough Ghost exposure on this forum. I am actually happy that Earl has found this so I don't want to piss on his parade. Too much, but a reality check must happen. They are good musically and I wish them every success in the world, but c'mon.
  • Like 1

Hey Goose, Earl - Either of you want to see Ghost with me tomorrow night in San Diego?

Damn Gina! I would LOVE to go down to San Diego with you! I can't do it! UGH!!!!

I have to work and then I am going into the city to see KING DIAMOND!!!!

Ive actually heard MCC before. I actually do like what is going on there, nice and melodic with something actually deep going on there. Ghost is a ruse, and a poor one at that. I think theres already enough Ghost exposure on this forum. I am actually happy that Earl has found this so I don't want to piss on his parade. Too much, but a reality check must happen. They are good musically and I wish them every success in the world, but c'mon.

No my friend! It's ok! I can take it! You are totally cool and another awesome forum friend. It's good to argue about something that I love.

Makes the world go around!!

My passion and love for this band is huge. Again it's all Pat's fault. LOL!

MCC is great. Just after one listen!

Life is short. Love what you can before you die.

Sadly I am done with women for now. Music is my true love.

By the way that doesn't mean that I hate women. I love them dearly. I have two beautiful daughters so please do take me as a bitter, broken hearted human.

I am looking forward to my freedom at a hefty price.

That's life.

Hopefully some day I will start anew.

I wil remain positive with an "Open Mind."

Love,

BLACKFIELD

MCC is killer. Goodmorning Restrained is on a loop here. Hell, I just listened to the album on headphones, while driving my bicycle home from work. It was foggy and very dark outside, which made this a perfect setting to listen to the album. I love that shit.
  • Like 2

In God you trust...my mummy dust.

Mummy Dust

Mummy Dust – a slang term referring to components, ingredients, or accessories that manufacturers add to their products to enhance them, but which have no useful, or scientific basis for inclusion.

Vitamins added to shampoo are just mummy dust.

cool! Never heard that expression before!
  • Like 1

Now that Meliora has began to sink in for me and my interest in the band is getting bigger and bigger, I figured it's time for me to go back and listen to the other two proper Ghost albums starting with the only one I haven't listened to yet, Opus Eponymous. Coming off my Meliora high, I have nothing but great things to say about it. Really dig the vibe I get from this album and I love how the bass sits high in the mix (especially during the beginning of Con Clavi Con Dio) that I can actually hear it without cutting through the rest of the instruments. Only thing I was bummed with was how short it was...but actually, that's also a positive since I was enjoying it so much that I wasn't even thinking about how much longer till the album's finished. :haz:
  • Like 3

In God you trust...my mummy dust.

Mummy Dust

Mummy Dust – a slang term referring to components, ingredients, or accessories that manufacturers add to their products to enhance them, but which have no useful, or scientific basis for inclusion.

Vitamins added to shampoo are just mummy dust.

cool! Never heard that expression before!

Papa talked about this song before they played it. Makes sense to me. The song is about MONEY!!! "IN GOD WE TRUST!"

I have a prediction for Ghost... Now that the band is getting popular and the identity of the lead singer is known, they won't need to rely on their image to get attention. So I bet that with the next album they will drop the satanic lyrics, but keep with the heavier music. Maybe Papa will shed the papal robes and headgear entirely, like he did for the latter half of the show. That way the focus can be on the music and not on the image.
  • Like 1

I have a prediction for Ghost... Now that the band is getting popular and the identity of the lead singer is known, they won't need to rely on their image to get attention. So I bet that with the next album they will drop the satanic lyrics, but keep with the heavier music. Maybe Papa will shed the papal robes and headgear entirely, like he did for the latter half of the show. That way the focus can be on the music and not on the image.

it's funny you mentioned the image. when i played the album. and it started with that old school/horror scary tone......i laughed. so corny........but endearing.

That earned points from me, lol

Mick

• Like 1

it's funny you mentioned the image. when i played the album. and it started with that old school/horror scary tone......i laughed. so corny........but endearing.

That earned points from me, lol

Mick

Yeah, that's exactly the thing about Ghost -- you have to embrace the corny! :D

• Like 1

Check out Magna Carta Cartel and Subvision while you're at it! Tobias Forge is amazing.

I like Subvision a bit more I think...

Subvision is rock solid.

I'm not sold on Tobias as the vocalist for this kind of music. That's the real sticking point for me. That and the lack of any identifiable melodies. I can get past the latter not so much the former.

• Like 1

I'm not sold on Tobias as the vocalist for this kind of music. That's the real sticking point for me. That and the lack of any identifiable melodies. I can get past the latter not so much the former.

No band is for everybody!

I get the appeal for some. But not for me!

But the satanic lyrics and papal outfit are what helps hem stand out! The albums follow a story, it'd be foolish to abandon it