Ghost - Meliora

adace1

Ok you RUSH fools I've finally ordered this album along with a bunch of other stuff!

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :blaze:

How do you like me now?????????????

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

We'll like you better once you listen to the album and realize you should have gotten it weeks ago :P

• Like 3

This is my next pick for the 500. :yes:

I was considering it too, but couldn't quite bring myself to choose an album that has only been around for a few weeks.

Why not? It's a really good album.

GHOST IS THE NEW RUSH!

I'd have to say that so far, Ghost is way more consistent...

Ok you RUSH fools I've finally ordered this album along with a bunch of other stuff!

We'll like you better once you listen to the album and realize you should have gotten it weeks ago :P

:nya nya: :hi: :joker:

• Like 1

Will it be metal enough?

Will it be metal enough?

Oh I think I know what I'm dealing with, don't forget I'm the guy who discovered this band out of us lot! Do a search and you'll find me at the dawn of the band! :smoke:

• Like 1

Will it be metal enough?

Oh I think I know what I'm dealing with, don't forget I'm the guy who discovered this band out of us lot! Do a search and you'll find me at the dawn of the band! :smoke:

:notworthy:

Will it be metal enough?

:notworthy:

:AlienSmiley:

I don't get what ghost is all about. They have this pretty extreme and aggressive image and the music I've listened to seems kind of mild. Maybe I just need someone to explain them to me?

Can someone help?

I don't get what ghost is all about. They have this pretty extreme and aggressive image and the music I've listened to seems kind of mild. Maybe I just need someone to explain them to me?

Can someone help?

The music vs. the image does cause some cognitive dissonance! Just push through that and listen to the music. Eventually you'll get to the point where you love the music and the whole dissonance thing becomes hilarious :joker:

• Like 1

Will it be metal enough?

I discovered them years back before this forum.

Didn't like them then either.

Can someone help?

The music vs. the image does cause some cognitive dissonance! Just push through that and listen to the music. Eventually you'll get to the point where you love the music and the whole dissonance thing becomes hilarious :joker:

I watched a few official videos then I saw some unplugged show with two guitar players and the vocalist in their outfits and masks and it just feels like kiss or slipknot and I'm trying to determine the ratio of actual style versus substance. Having said that, quite a few people that I respect love them so....

Will it be metal enough?

Generally speaking, your dislike for a band should be considered a ringing endorsement.

:P

• Like 4

Will it be metal enough?

Generally speaking, your dislike for a band should be considered a ringing endorsement.

I am honestly glad I hate this band. So not offended in the slightest.

Can someone help?

I watched a few official videos then I saw some unplugged show with two guitar players and the vocalist in their outfits and masks and it just feels like kiss or slipknot and I'm trying to determine the ratio of actual style versus substance. Having said that, quite a few people that I respect love them so....

I think the best insight comes from the interviews with band members. There's an underlying irony to the whole thing that I enjoy. As for the music, the melodies are solid and - when you put the goofy satanism aside - the lyrics are fairly cleverly written.
  • Like 1

Will it be metal enough?

I am honestly glad I hate this band. So not offended in the slightest.

:laughing guy:

Forget the image, just listen to the songs. They're very good indeed.

I'm not image driven but they clearly are. Just trying to understand where they are coming from and get the hype.

They used their image to help them get noticed but they are much more than that. Just listen to their new album and you'll understand the hype. All the potential they showed to be a great band on the first two albums has been achieved with Meliora.

I'm not image driven but they clearly are. Just trying to understand where they are coming from and get the hype.

They used their image to help them get noticed but they are much more than that. Just listen to their new album and you'll understand the hype. All the potential they showed to be a great band on the first two albums has been achieved with Meliora.

Meh. They will probably be gone or completely change the bullshit imagery in a few years.

Meh. They will probably be gone or completely change the bullshit imagery in a few years.

Who knows? The band has said they're surprised all their real identities weren't found out after the first album was released. The singer is the only one who people think they have figured out. They may as well run with the image until people figure out who they are.