Ghost - Meliora

adace1

While I really like the debut, the new album blows it away. Songwriting, musicianship, lyrics, singing and catchiness, everything all across the board is better.

Sometimes you hear an album from a newer band, you realize you're hearing something special. Where the band is hitting their stride and everything is coming together perfectly for them. For Ghost, Meliora is that album.

I'll buy it around Crimbo time I think, maybe early December. How's that?

Too late, it's the perfect album for autumn. ;)

I could get it for Halloween?

I'm pretty sure you have it already!?

ooo that's a sneaky idea isn't it! ;)

come on, let's hear what you think of it

Around Christmas time! :smoke:

While I really like the debut, the new album blows it away. Songwriting, musicianship, lyrics, singing and catchiness, everything all across the board is better.

Sometimes you hear an album from a newer band, you realize you're hearing something special. Where the band is hitting their stride and everything is coming together perfectly for them. For Ghost, Meliora is that album.

Your fans can't wait THAT long! :boohoo:

Your fans can't wait THAT long! :boohoo:

:16ton:

The album still grows on me, even after 4 weeks of listening. It's kind of a masterpiece.

Strange experience riding through the woods on my bicycle, with Meliora on the headphones. Love it. :smoke:

• Like 3

The album still grows on me, even after 4 weeks of listening. It's kind of a masterpiece.

Strange experience riding through the woods on my bicycle, with Meliora on the headphones. Love it. :smoke:

It's,an amazing collection of sounds. A desert island disc.
  • Like 1

WTF???

Pat, get off yer lazy arse and go down to your local fuckking record store and GET IT! Wait are record stores completely gone over there as well as here?

What a fukking drag.

"It's the end of the world as we know it and I don't feel fine."

• Like 1

:haz:

Ghost.

So, Goose, I get the feeling you really like this new ghost album. Am I correct?

meh...

:LOL:

I love it! It's got a great range of styles and is super melodic. From a beast of a song like Mummy Dust to angelic harp music...just brillliant! I like everything this band has done, really. Heavy, yet clever, and none of the noise war nonsense. Reminds me of Caress of Steel & 2112 in that sense.

• Like 2

Almost 5 weeks and there was not a single night I haven't listened to that album. Crazy I know, but it still leaves a deep impression on me. It's that kind of feeling, when you know, you can't live without a particular album.

Meliora = Masterpiece

Looking forward to the Periscope feed from goose and Earl. :hail:

• Like 3

Almost 5 weeks and there was not a single night I haven't listened to that album. Crazy I know, but it still leaves a deep impression on me. It's that kind of feeling, when you know, you can't live without a particular album.

Meliora = Masterpiece

Looking forward to the Periscope feed from goose and Earl. :hail:

I better upload the app...
  • Like 2

So the Lovely Wife decided she had to have a tattoo. This caused me much distress, for I am not a tattoo fan (no offense to all you inked ones out there; it's just not my taste). I've been married 27 glorious years, so naturally I said "Yes, dear." This was not entirely spontaneous -- she had spent a great deal of time carefully considering and designing the image and subsequently selecting an artist.

When I arrived at her chosen tattoo shop and met her tattoo dude, I perked up immediately and knew she was in good hands: he had a big ol' Papa Emeritus tat on his leg! We bonded immediately, and we chose Opus Eponymous to spin during the "procedure." :haz:

We'll be seeing each other again at the rapidly approaching Detroit show (eight days!).

• Like 1

So the Lovely Wife decided she had to have a tattoo. This caused me much distress, for I am not a tattoo fan (no offense to all you inked ones out there; it's just not my taste). I've been married 27 glorious years, so naturally I said "Yes, dear." This was not entirely spontaneous -- she had spent a great deal of time carefully considering and designing the image and subsequently selecting an artist.

When I arrived at her chosen tattoo shop and met her tattoo dude, I perked up immediately and knew she was in good hands: he had a big ol' Papa Emeritus tat on his leg! We bonded immediately, and we chose Opus Eponymous to spin during the "procedure." :haz:

We'll be seeing each other again at the rapidly approaching Detroit show (eight days!).

Great story! What was your wife's tatt? Or is it too personal...?

We met in Monterey, California, so she created an image of the famous Lone Cypress in nearby Pebble Beach, where we spent a lot of time together. Sitting on the cliff beneath the cypress is a symbol representing our artistic and well-inked daughter -- a symbol that she had created and placed on her arm a couple of years ago. It's an unbroken, single-line representation of a cross-legged figure in meditation.
  • Like 1

My buddy in Detroit saw the show last night. HE LOVED IT!!! I can't wait until they come here!

You totally freaked me out for a second, thinking I had the dates wrong and missed the Detroit show!

(So your buddy in Detroit saw the gig in Columbus, Ohio, the other night?)

We met in Monterey, California, so she created an image of the famous Lone Cypress in nearby Pebble Beach, where we spent a lot of time together. Sitting on the cliff beneath the cypress is a symbol representing our artistic and well-inked daughter -- a symbol that she had created and placed on her arm a couple of years ago. It's an unbroken, single-line representation of a cross-legged figure in meditation.

Sounds like a great tattoo! The single line image intrigues me, as I've used a meditating stick figure as a signature for quite some time...