Ghost - Meliora

adace1

I saw Ghost last night. Great show, but I have to say I was very disappointed that Papa got a fan thrown out just for jumping up on stage with him. I thought it was rock and roll, not an episode of the Kardashians were Diva behaviour is celebrated. So much for being the epitome of hell on earth.

One could argue that Papa was making the night as hellish as possible for that fan.

• Like 2

I saw Ghost last night. Great show, but I have to say I was very disappointed that Papa got a fan thrown out just for jumping up on stage with him. I thought it was rock and roll, not an episode of the Kardashians were Diva behaviour is celebrated. So much for being the epitome of hell on earth.

Papa Emeritus? More like Papa Smurf. The band was great though.

After what happened in Paris, I'm not surprised he reacted that way. Don't forget, Dimebag Darrell was shot and killed by a fan who hopped on stage. Papa didn't want to take any chances and I don't blame him.

There's a massive difference between gun-toting maniacs with suicide vests & a fan who's just having a good night out. If you can't see that then the terrorists have won hands down. Papa can go f**k himself.

I know there's a difference between that. But when this happened how was Papa supposed to know that this person wouldn't try to harm him? Maybe it was something I had to witness to understand what Papa did wrong? Because I don't see why trying to protect himself and his bandmates from someone who randomly jumped on stage makes him a bad guy in that situation.

Unless they're invited up by the band, no fan should just jump up on stage while a band is performing. It's just a stupid thing to do.

So a skinny 17 year old stripped to the waist, about 6 stone wet through & a bit giddy on his first beer is a threat to a grown man?

Yep, better call out the SWAT team before anyone gets hurt.

• Like 2

After what happened in Paris, I'm not surprised he reacted that way. Don't forget, Dimebag Darrell was shot and killed by a fan who hopped on stage. Papa didn't want to take any chances and I don't blame him.

There's a massive difference between gun-toting maniacs with suicide vests & a fan who's just having a good night out. If you can't see that then the terrorists have won hands down. Papa can go f**k himself.

I know there's a difference between that. But when this happened how was Papa supposed to know that this person wouldn't try to harm him? Maybe it was something I had to witness to understand what Papa did wrong? Because I don't see why trying to protect himself and his bandmates from someone who randomly jumped on stage makes him a bad guy in that situation.

Unless they're invited up by the band, no fan should just jump up on stage while a band is performing. It's just a stupid thing to do.

So a skinny 17 year old stripped to the waist, about 6 stone wet through & a bit giddy on his first beer is a threat to a grown man?

You never know. He could have had a concealed weapon. A sanctified knife, or a vial of holy water, or something.

• Like 3

If security took the little f***er and sent him back into the crowd to think again, it's OK. But if they really threw the kid out of the hall...just Fu-ga-zi.
  • Like 1

You never know. He could have had a concealed weapon. A sanctified knife, or a vial of holy water, or something...

...like a Ghost phallus. Armed and dangerous.

I love the fact this thread became something "official" about Ghost. :D

Waiting for The Night - A very well played Depeche Mode track. It seems their own music, not a cover. I love the melodies, they made it sound a beautiful rock song. The way Papa II sings has a lot of feeling, as if the lyrics were made as he sang the words.

These are my favorite parts:

"I'm waiting for the night to fall

I know that it will save us all

When everything's dark

Keeps us from the stark reality

I'm waiting for the night to fall

When everything is bearable

And there in the still

All that you feel is tranquility

There is a star in the sky

Guiding my way with its light

And in the glow of the moon

Know my deliverance will come soon (...)"

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 3

I love Meliora's bonus track, Zenith, entirely. It doesn't seem a bonus, it fits great among the other songs.

Lyrics, melodies, the bridge parts and sound effects create a visual environment.

It's the kind of song I don't want to end! :clap:

Interesting how music, from Ghost, or any other band, sometimes "speaks personally".

To me, it means what one believes to be true or light are just fake. To awake from illusions is the real light. And it's good to find lyrics, ideas, people who think alike about the idea of a certain freedom, as possible.

That's something I keep repeating to myself after listening:

Time will soon be gone

Night will turn to dawn

Winds come on strong

So they do not come unleashed

You're set free.

:haz:

• Like 2

You've got to be kidding. I hope some drunk asshole shows up at your job tomorrow and jumps in your desk and acts like an asshole. If you do anything except join him and high five him you're a hypocrite. Fans jumping on stage aren't a part of the experience. Thousands of other fans paid to get in and 1) don't want to see those antics and 2) don't want the show they paid for interrupted by prima donnas.

• Like 5

You've got to be kidding. I hope some drunk asshole shows up at your job tomorrow and jumps in your desk and acts like an asshole. If you do anything except join him and high five him you're a hypocrite. Fans jumping on stage aren't a part of the experience. Thousands of other fans paid to get in and 1) don't want to see those antics and 2) don't want the show they paid for interrupted by prima donnas.

I hope you feel better after the operation to remove the pole from your arse.

Is it chilly up there on the moral high ground?

• Like 1

I love Meliora's bonus track, Zenith, entirely. It doesn't seem a bonus, it fits great among the other songs.

Lyrics, melodies, the bridge parts and sound effects create a visual environment.

It's the kind of song I don't want to end! :clap:

Interesting how music, from Ghost, or any other band, sometimes "speaks personally".

To me, it means what one believes to be true or light are just fake. To awake from illusions is the real light. And it's good to find lyrics, ideas, people who think alike about the idea of a certain freedom, as possible.

That's something I keep repeating to myself after listening:

Time will soon be gone

Night will turn to dawn

Winds come on strong

So they do not come unleashed

You're set free.

:haz:

This will be my new motto to 2016!! THANKS!

GHOST RULES!

• Like 1

I'm sad that their only US appearances are at festivals. I hate festivals. There's no way I'm going to go to an event with 15 other bands and wait around with tens of thousands of people to see one or two bands playing.

Bah, I say. BAH!

I'm sad that their only US appearances are at festivals. I hate festivals. There's no way I'm going to go to an event with 15 other bands and wait around with tens of thousands of people to see one or two bands playing.

Bah, I say. BAH!

What are you talking about? Did you not see the new US dates announced today that I posted before you?

• Like 2

Just saw this. I hope you try this shit and get your ass kicked by security. Moral high ground??? Where did I mention morality. You're an idiot.

Bah, I say. BAH!

What are you talking about? Did you not see the new US dates announced today that I posted before you?

I guess not. I couldn't read the dates & info when I first saw it so I thought you were reposting what Ghost had on their website, which only listed festivals.

Yay, I hope I can make one or more of those shows!

• Like 1

Bah, I say. BAH!

I guess not. I couldn't read the dates & info when I first saw it so I thought you were reposting what Ghost had on their website, which only listed festivals.

Note: I see the band has updated their website since this morning. (http://ghost-official.com/#tour)

Bah, I say. BAH!

Yeah, the tour date flyer isn't too clear. I'm not sure if it's the color scheme or the printing is too small but the lettering doesn't stand out and you've gotta look closely at it.

Bah, I say. BAH!

Tucson?

roadtrip.jpg

Just saw this. I hope you try this shit and get your ass kicked by security. Moral high ground??? Where did I mention morality. You're an idiot.

Need a tissue there Tiny Tears? :LOL:

Bah, I say. BAH!

Tucson?

roadtrip.jpg

Let's do it!

• Like 2