Will Rush make another album?

DirkPrattLerxst

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rush make another album?

• Yes
    • No

As much as I would love to see another album, I get the feeling that Neil won't be up for the time commitment.

A musician cannot escape the call of his nature. These gentlemen have music inside them still, because they are professional musicians. No doubt they will let it out again. So definitely yes.
  • Like 1

In regards to an album, it could go either way. But I do think they'll make new music in the form of one of these: (1) an EP...that'll be followed by a VERY VERY limited tour, (2) movie soundtrack work...Lifeson has already provided tv scores & Geddy has openly expressed wanting to make music for films (they DO love their movies those guys), (3) one or two new songs that'll be followed by sparse rock festival appearances. No way will these guys COMPLETELY stop making music or performing live after this tour.

In regards to an album, it could go either way. But I do think they'll make new music in the form of one of these: (1) an EP...that'll be followed by a VERY VERY limited tour, (2) movie soundtrack work...Lifeson has already provided tv scores & Geddy has openly expressed wanting to make music for films (they DO love their movies those guys), (3) one or two new songs that'll be followed by sparse rock festival appearances. No way will these guys COMPLETELY stop making music or performing live after this tour.

All wishful thinking.

Two of these guys are playing in pain.

They won't drop a new album without touring behind it.

Retirement is at hand.

Accept it.

I don't think this is necessarily right. I really think they all have many new musical ideas running around in their heads. They can take their time recording and "work around" the ailments they have. Plus, after the success of this tour, they know that new music would sell like crazy.

Tricky questoin. Would they record new material? Sure that's possible...maybe some movie tracks. Would they record and release a new album? Well albums don't make money these days...touring does. So smart money says no to a full album.

I don't think this is necessarily right. I really think they all have many new musical ideas running around in their heads. They can take their time recording and "work around" the ailments they have. Plus, after the success of this tour, they know that new music would sell like crazy.

No new music sells like crazy these days unless you're a Korean pop band, Justin Bieber, hip hop, or Taylor Swift.

Nobody else make money off albums anymore.

You can't work around chronic tendonitis and arthritis.

People age. It's the circle of life.

Hope for a Geddy solo album. Alex and Neil are done after August 1. They wanna be grandpas. They've earned their tenure.

If a couple of them decided to spend some time sifting through old soundboard recordings and releasing "official" tour shows from certain albums before Test for Echo, that would be cool. A cleaned up, well mixed live recording of Hemispheres and I'd be floatin' on a cloud! Add some slick Symeian artwork to package it all up and some crisp color shots of the guys on stage? I'll buy it.
  • Like 1

No new music sells like crazy these days unless you're a Korean pop band, Justin Bieber, hip hop, or Taylor Swift.

Hope for a Geddy solo album. Alex and Neil are done after August 1. They wanna be grandpas. They've earned their tenure.

No thank you on another Geddy solo album. What I'm saying they all are very creative people, separate and together. Creativeness isn't just a switch that you can flip off. It just happens. I think eventually they will be itching to be creative together again. That's my opinion. Time will tell.

No thank you on another Geddy solo album. What I'm saying they all are very creative people, separate and together. Creativeness isn't just a switch that you can flip off. It just happens. I think eventually they will be itching to be creative together again. That's my opinion. Time will tell.

There's opinion, and there's actuality. :)

Creativeness doesn't switch off (unless you develop a decline in mental acuity with old age), but the ability to manifest it does. It's called GETTING OLDER.

Your wishes are not paramount to Rush's future.

Some of you guys just think things go on forever. There are some fans who won't let go of that bone until one of them is six feet under, I guess. Maybe not even then.

And you should give MFH another chance. It's a solid album through and through, better than a couple Rush albums, in fact.

• Like 1