I started too late. I shouldn't have become a fan.

fraroc

I love Rush's music so much and I always will. But all I see around me on this website are fans that have seen them multiple times, anywhere from five times to f***ing 25 times. Me? This is going to be my first and last time seeing Rush if they do make the decision to break up after this tour. It isn't fair for me, because I love Rush just as much as any other fan....I'm sorry, but I really shouldn't have put myself through this. I shouldn't have re-discovered Rush in 2012. I shouldn't have listened to the GUP live version of Witch Hunt two summers ago. This was a mistake. I rather that they just retired and me, not being a huge fan would be like "well that sucks." and get on with my life.
  • Like 2

I love Rush's music so much and I always will. But all I see around me on this website are fans that have seen them multiple times, anywhere from five times to f***ing 25 times. Me? This is going to be my first and last time seeing Rush if they do make the decision to break up after this tour. It isn't fair for me, because I love Rush just as much as any other fan....I'm sorry, but I really shouldn't have put myself through this. I shouldn't have re-discovered Rush in 2012. I shouldn't have listened to the GUP live version of Witch Hunt two summers ago. This was a mistake. I rather that they just retired and me, not being a huge fan would be like "well that sucks." and get on with my life.

Boo f***ing hoo!

They are not breaking up after this tour you over-dramatic imbecile.

• Like 7

I became a fan of Porcupine Tree pretty late. I saw a clip on YouTube of Gavin Harrison performing a section of "Anesthetize" at a drum clinic and I dove right in and started buying albums. Instant fan. "The Incident" came out about a year after that, a little more than five years ago. That is most likely the last new PT album and tour I'll see. The band is on hiatus now, and there's a good chance they'll never release any more albums or tour as a band ever again.

I don't regret becoming a fan of theirs because I still have all this music to listen to and concert videos to watch. A band's music lives on long after they break up or retire. Fraroc, why not look at Rush the same way?

• Like 4

I became a fan of Porcupine Tree pretty late. I saw a clip on YouTube of Gavin Harrison performing a section of "Anesthetize" at a drum clinic and I dove right in and started buying albums. Instant fan. "The Incident" came out about a year after that, a little more than five years ago. That is most likely the last new PT album and tour I'll see. The band is on hiatus now, and there's a good chance they'll never release any more albums or tour as a band ever again.

I don't regret becoming a fan of theirs because I still have all this music to listen to and concert videos to watch. A band's music lives on long after they break up or retire. Fraroc, why not look at Rush the same way?

Easy...

http://meredithbracesloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tumblr_m59pxeDf4r1qay0tlo2_500.gif

• Like 2

Boo f***ing hoo!

I would expect this kind of egregiousness from you. You have absolutley no empathy for anyone except for yourself.

Edited by fraroc

Beat me to it...yes you will always have the music and that's really the most important thing.

• Like 1

I've never regretted a single moment of being a rush fan...........well maybe CA and Vt.....but that's beside the point, lol

I will always be a fan and i've seen them live but merely twice.

Enjoy what the band gave you.

Mick

• Like 1

Regret that you become a fan? What the....?

I became a Rush fan 2011 when I saw the Time Machine Tour, and I don´t regret it at all. It was the best thing that ever happened. Their music is fuucking awesome. And even thou I will probably not see them more, I still have all the live albums and memories.

• Like 3

You're overthinking it.

That's like saying, "Hey. This hot babe wants to have sex with my virgin self, but it's only going to be the once because after that, my dick's going to retire for some reason. Maybe I'd rather not do it in case sex is too good and it's better if I never know what I'm missing."

Uh, no.

Better to do a great thing once than never at all.

Lighten up, Francis. :)

• Like 5

You're overthinking it.

That's like saying, "Hey. This hot babe wants to have sex with my virgin self, but it's only going to be the once because after that, my dick's going to retire for some reason. Maybe I'd rather not do it in case sex is too good and it's better if I never know what I'm missing."

You have women lining up at your door, don't you...

• Like 1

Boo f***ing hoo!

I would expect this kind of egregiousness from you. You have absolutley no empathy for anyone except for yourself.

This is rich... especially after the way you've "spoken" to people in other threads... particularily ones involving Van Halen

• Like 4

You're overthinking it.

You have women lining up at your door, don't you...

Less than others, more than some. :)

• Like 2

I rediscovered Rush in late 2013. I have never seen them live and now probably never will but in no way do I wish I had not rediscovered them. I'm grateful for the pleasure their music has given me.
  • Like 5

I rediscovered Rush in late 2013. I have never seen them live and now probably never will but in no way do I wish I had not rediscovered them. I'm grateful for the pleasure their music has given me.

:yes: There are folks that have never seen them and are still rabid fans. One of my biggest "rock" regrets is never seeing Yes live when I had ample opportunity over the past 40 years or so. It doesn't tarnish my love for the band and their music any however. Slap on Yessongs and I am there... :)
  • Like 8

The only thing I regret is not going to see them in the seventies and eighties when they were at their peak.

If I hadn't become a bigger fan of Rush later in life, I wouldn't have come here. And, in not coming here, I would have missed out on meeting some of the best people I have ever encountered in my six decades. No lie.

i have :rush: to thank for so very much! :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 8

Honest question, how do you feel the way that you do? How are you not depressed over the fact that you will never see your favorite band live?

I became a Rush fan 2011 when I saw the Time Machine Tour, and I don´t regret it at all. It was the best thing that ever happened. Their music is fuucking awesome. And even thou I will probably not see them more, I still have all the live albums, studio albums, vinyls, DVD's, Blu-rays, books, posters and memories.

Fixed that for you Zumbi ;)

• Like 1

I don't see where the problem is, you have the opportunity to see them live it's great ! Have fun ! ;) I only discovered them recently and living in France, I'll probably never have the chance to see them but it's fine. I'm still glad I learnt about this band, not seeing them live isn't the end of the world no matter how much I'd like to.

I'm a newcomer here at TRF and I fell in love with Rush too late, but I guess I wouldn't have found another excuse good enough to cross 'the pond'! Edited by geezer

I became a Rush fan 2011 when I saw the Time Machine Tour, and I don´t regret it at all. It was the best thing that ever happened. Their music is fuucking awesome. And even thou I will probably not see them more, I still have all the live albums, studio albums, vinyls, DVD's, Blu-rays, books, posters and memories.

Fixed that for you Zumbi ;)

And that's probably two of each ;)

• Like 4