I started too late. I shouldn't have become a fan.

fraroc

I rediscovered Rush in late 2013. I have never seen them live and now probably never will but in no way do I wish I had not rediscovered them. I'm grateful for the pleasure their music has given me.

Honest question, how do you feel the way that you do? How are you not depressed over the fact that you will never see your favorite band live?

i have never a lot of my fav bands live.

Yes

Genesis

Pink Floyd

you name it........it's never bothered me. Maybe cause on the whole i really don't enjoy the live environment. Mainly because of the people, lol

but i have the records. Luckily seeing a band live is not a reqirement for buying the albums.

I just like the MUSIC man. I don't really care about live shows.

Mick

• Like 2

Regret that you become a fan? What the....?

I became a Rush fan 2011 when I saw the Time Machine Tour, and I don´t regret it at all. It was the best thing that ever happened. Their music is fuucking awesome. And even thou I will probably not see them more, I still have all the live albums, studio albums, vinyls, DVD's, Blu-rays, books, posters and memories.

Fixed that for you Zumbi ;)

And that's probably two of each ;)

:rfl: Needed that...
  • Like 1

I rediscovered Rush in late 2013. I have never seen them live and now probably never will but in no way do I wish I had not rediscovered them. I'm grateful for the pleasure their music has given me.

Honest question, how do you feel the way that you do? How are you not depressed over the fact that you will never see your favorite band live?

Yes

Genesis

Pink Floyd

you name it........it's never bothered me. Maybe cause on the whole i really don't enjoy the live environment. Mainly because of the people, lol

but i have the records. Luckily seeing a band live is not a reqirement for buying the albums.

Mick

Genesis is my big miss. I've seen Yes, I've seen The Police...
  • Like 2

I haven't seen led zep, pink floyd, the beatles, yes ect....do I wish I could have seen them live, yes, but does it make me depressed--not at all.

20+ albums of music plus all of the live stuff should be some consolation for you.

• Like 3

I was a rabid fan for over 17 years before I finally got the long shot chance to see them live. That experience was icing on the cake, bucket list stuff, but it didn't make me a bigger fan. I have a huge catalog of music and videos to enjoy no matter what the future holds for Rush.

No regrets.

• Like 2

Of course I would have loved the opportunity to have seen them live, but there is absolutely no point in getting depressed about things over which you have no control. Yes, I did feel a little jealous and a bit down when my husband's cousin (who lives in Toronto) got to see them last week, but I feel more happy for her. I guess that I'm the sort of person who always tries to find the positive in everything. I may not get to see my favourite band live, but I can hear their recordings whenever I want and I am going to see some other bands/musicians I love nearly as much this summer including Steven Wilson, King Crimson, Camel and Marillion - life isn't too bad!

Yes

Genesis

Pink Floyd

Mick

Yes is my only big miss. Would love to have seen Zep in their prime but even I was a bit young at the time. I had a shot when I was a junior in High School (77') but passed. Some of my friends went. They weren't very good live by then by all accounts... Edited by Narps

This is the one of the more pathetic threads I have seen on this forum.

Fraroc...seriously?

• Like 3

Yes

Genesis

Pink Floyd

Mick

Yes is my only big miss. Would love to have seen Zep in their prime but even I was a bit young at the time. I had a shot when I was a junior in High School (77') but passed. Some of my friends went. They weren't very good live by then by all accounts...

My neighbor is in a kick ass Led Zep band, the music is stellar. The singer is great, but loses it after 5 or 6 songs... gets a little whiny. just hard to keep up the Plant sound.

I missed out on:

Bruce Springsteen seventies era

Kansas classic era

Styx classic era

ABBA

The Beatles

The impact of fifties rock on the world

Michael Jackson live

Lacuna Coil's early years

Alter Bridge at Wembley (twice, once before I was a fan)

Boo hoo! Poor me, so young and lost.

Actually, I have decades of rock history to learn about, experience in my own way, and analyse. Why cry? I mean, music is music. It's not food. It's not a loved one. It's not a child.

It's a luxury, something 1 billion starving kids would overlook for a piece of bread without a second glance.

Grow a pair and face reality.

Sorry but my goodness...

• Like 2

I missed out on:

Kansas classic era

Styx classic era

ABBA

The Beatles

Michael Jackson live

Actually, I have decades of rock history to learn about, experience in my own way, and analyse. Why cry? I mean, music is music. It's not food. It's not a loved one. It's not a child.

It's a luxury, something 1 billion starving kids would overlook for a piece of bread without a second glance.

Sorry but my goodness...

Relax Young Padawan. Fraroc is consumed by fear.......hate........anger.

All lead to trolling

Do not follow the path.

lol.

Mick

• Like 2

I love Rush as much as anyone else here, but...its just a band dude.

Music lives forever in our hearts and minds. It's too bad I started listening to Frank Zappa a year before he died, and I will never, EVER get a chance to see him play live. Boo for me. Life goes on.

• Like 4

The only concert i might leap for....in fact kill most of you all for.......is.......you guessed it..........Tom Waits, lol

Mick

You'd go as far as killing to see some waiting guy named Tom !? You're crazy :blink:

in a heart beat, lol "Goes to rock in the corner"

Mick

I missed out on:

Kansas classic era

Styx classic era

ABBA

The Beatles

Michael Jackson live

Sorry but my goodness...

All lead to trolling

Do not follow the path.

lol.

Mick

Sorry...been looking after a dear friend who recently has his life turned upside down by a stroke. Very sick and he only ever shows concern for me when I visit, and never once complains.

Sorry...my patience for this sort of talk is not very high at the moment.

• Like 5

The only bands I didn't get to see live that I lament are the Doors, Zep, and the Beatles. Because I was too young. :)

But what would I do for a time travel jump back in time to see the Doors at their peak at the Whisky on Sunset Blvd? Short answer: A lot.

I missed out on:

Kansas classic era

Styx classic era

ABBA

The Beatles

Michael Jackson live

Sorry but my goodness...

All lead to trolling

Do not follow the path.

lol.

Mick

Sorry...been looking after a dear friend who recently has his life turned upside down by a stroke. Very sick and he only ever shows concern for me when I visit, and never once complains.

Sorry...my patience for this sort of talk is not very high at the moment.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, man. Had I known you were going through this kind of an ordeal, I wouldn't have tried to get you involved with taking about my depression.

See, these are real life problems.

Angst is part of being young, certainly I had my period of deep depression around age 20-21. It changes but you have to make the changes happen, I did the therapy thing and was able to work through my problems. If you need help, get it.

• Like 1

The only concert i might leap for....in fact kill most of you all for.......is.......you guessed it..........Tom Waits, lol

Mick

You'd go as far as killing to see some waiting guy named Tom !? You're crazy :blink:

in a heart beat, lol "Goes to rock in the corner"

Mick

Any album you can recommend from him ? I don't think I ever heard any of his music and I'd like to begin with a good one to avoid getting the wrong idea of his music :)

Therapy? Open up your front door and take a walk outside. There's a big world out there just filled with countless opportunities. Where there is a will, there's a way. Some folks don't need coddling. What they need is a kick in the backside.