People you love who hate Rush

toymaker

My brother. He's into Skillet and Avenged Sevenfold, which isn't my cup of tea but I can tolerate it. He's also into Katy Perry and all that other pop radio crap. And he says that *I* listen to awful music. :sigh:

OMG,

I hate that pop crap. :facepalm:

My nieces and nephew are all into whatever is on the top 40 radio at the time...and their mother is all over it as well.... my brother in law is a Rush/Floyd/Zeppelin fan, but is a wuss when it comes to playing that stuff when anyone other than just himself is in the car! My Wife (his sister) plays what she wants when the kids are in the car, and they deal with it! (well unless the 16 year old is in, she plays her crap...but is at LEAST getting into a little country (newer stuff.. Zac Brown, Jason Aldean, etc) and not so much of the flippy hoppy hop crap!)

I hate being stuck in a car when that sh** is on. :LOL:

This is what headphones are for.

Fortunately my son has good taste and my wife is, while not a fan, accepting of our taste.

Except,

When I am in a car. No headphones are gona happen. I like what is going on around me when I am outside of my home. ;)

I usually do too but I make an exception for aural assault.

I understand,

But when you drive with me. I need everyone's attention.

You mean you don't insist, as the driver, that the car will not move when shit is coming out of the speakers?

No,

What I mean is driving in Alaska can be very

dangerous. Read a fu***** book! I play music but no headphones. This happens at work when some youngster can't hear me when I am talking to them. There is a place and a time.

BTW,

My keyboard is crap. :LOL:

Edited by troutman

My husband doesn't hate them, he said he "grew out of them" years ago.

I can certainly sympathize with that... :codger:
  • Like 1

My husband doesn't hate them, he said he "grew out of them" years ago.

You grow out of your pants, not out of a timeless band! Sheesh, husbands. (Mine never "grew into" Rush.)

• Like 1

fact is, most people are NOT gonna like this band

And in all honesty, I don't think my taste is superior because I love this band.

Some people just do not enjoy rock and its polite to just respect that, we don't have the right to dictate and try to convert anybody.

• Like 3

I don't know anyone who hates Rush

But, then I can count on one hand the number of people I know who have heard of Rush

• Like 3

My brother. He's into Skillet and Avenged Sevenfold, which isn't my cup of tea but I can tolerate it. He's also into Katy Perry and all that other pop radio crap. And he says that *I* listen to awful music. :sigh:

OMG,

I hate that pop crap. :facepalm:

My nieces and nephew are all into whatever is on the top 40 radio at the time...and their mother is all over it as well.... my brother in law is a Rush/Floyd/Zeppelin fan, but is a wuss when it comes to playing that stuff when anyone other than just himself is in the car! My Wife (his sister) plays what she wants when the kids are in the car, and they deal with it! (well unless the 16 year old is in, she plays her crap...but is at LEAST getting into a little country (newer stuff.. Zac Brown, Jason Aldean, etc) and not so much of the flippy hoppy hop crap!)

I hate being stuck in a car when that sh** is on. :LOL:

That's why I always carry my headphones in my pocket wherever I go. ;)

My father doesn't hate RUSH in particular but he doesn't like any kind of music at all. He never listens to music (he can't stand music in general) and he can't even clap his hands, like he's not able to comprehend a simple rhythm or something :LOL: I don't know anybody else like him. Edited by Tuesday's Gone

I think that if a person has good musical acumen, i.e. training, that they can at least appreciate Rush at some level. The haters likely have much less sophisticated musical palettes. I openly admit that I'm a musical snob since 98% of what I hear doesn't interest me in the least. But that's all fine and well, because I don't have the acumen to recognize a $500 bottle of wine over a $10 bottle.

My brother, though he doesn't exactly hate Rush... He's just only heard "Tom Sawyer" on the radio and refuses to try listening to something else from them.

I keep trying. I purposefully leave Rush albums sitting on my bed in plain sight, so he'll pick one up and hopefully become curious. One of these days, it's gonna happen. I got him to laugh at the "Tom Sawyer" Time Machine video, though. It's progress. xD

Given the large audiences for absolute crap acts I can only say there's alot of people with poor taste in music. If people want to think McDonald's is gourmet food, or that Nickleback is worth spending money and time on, then I guess that's their prerogative.

Most of my friends and loved ones who aren't part of the Rush tribe don't hate Rush as much as they hate us (the Rush tribe) and our constant discussion of how much we love Rush and why. Truth be told, we are an annoying lot.

Rush is actually quite hated. i just read a lot of forums. it's quite true guys.

Mick

Which forum are those? I don't know all that many Rush fans IRL (though at work when there was a poll of best concert experiences more people listed Rush than any other act) but I don't know anyone who hates them (IRL).

Critics are the one group who hates Rush, but it's not like people actually like critics, most people think they're douchebags.

Rush is actually quite hated. i just read a lot of forums. it's quite true guys.

Mick

Yup, Rush is definitely an all in band. There really isn't a lot of grey ground. You're either into Rush or you're not. Casual fans are usually attending with at least one hardcore fan who talked 'em into it, or know enough about Rush to know it's a good 'classic hard rock' event to attend.

Mick

Yup, Rush is definitely an all in band. There really isn't a lot of grey ground. You're either into Rush or you're not. Casual fans are usually attending with at least one hardcore fan who talked 'em into it, or know enough about Rush to know it's a good 'classic hard rock' event to attend.

I think a lot of "casual" Rush fans just haven't been into the band that long.

I don't know anyone who hates Rush

But, then I can count on one hand the number of people I know who have heard of Rush

The joys of living in the UK. The majority of people that I know are only aware of Rush's existence because of me :)

• Like 1

People disliking Rush is unacceptable. I'm afraid your only reasonable course of action is to kidnap your friend and hold her eyes open Clockwork Orange style. Force her to watch Beyond The Lighted Stage until she becomes indoctrinated.

...kidding of course. :)

oh my mom can't stand Rush. She says it's all noise to her.

She'll stick to her Simon and Garfunkel.

Mick

Tell her that doesn't prove anything; I like Simon and Garfunkel too. :P

lol. she's strictly a folk woman anyway. Never understood. prog/hard rock

She's early Dylan, Leonard Cohen S &G.......that sort of thing

Mick

• Like 2