Official Second Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Lincoln, NE - May 10th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Two random thoughts:

A) if this doesn't prove the financial viability of doing a live theater simulcast for a show or two, I don't know what will. Us diehards already have our tickets and you could collect revenue from all over the country - heck, even internationally. Someone please get Ray Daniels and Fandango on the line and tell them about this -

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/04/25/monty-python-reunion-simulcast

B) I can barely get cell reception in arenas to make a phone call, let alone streaming. I'd love to know what service provider Lucas, Robert and Bob use.

• Like 2

Don't interpret me as whining about the setlist, but my preference would be to have The Wreckers swapped with Caravan or BU2B, and that then swapped periodically with CA. Also, I would love to hear The Way The Wind Blows in place of MMB, but that probably won't happen. Oh well, I'm beyond satisfied regardless.

TWTWB would be nice but Monkey Business probably isn't leaving. That way Geddy gets a vocal break in the first set.

I wonder if Mike Portnoy's gonna sass over his idols Rush for stealing the "unpredictable setlist" idea that he did for Dream Theater when he was still in the band.

Portnoy/DT didn't come up with that idea. Plenty of bands (Aerosmith, Pearl Jam to name a few) have been doing that since they started...

Portnoy wanted to do that because he saw a (I hate this band) phish show, and thought that the "guess the set list" game was cool...the only good thing was that they ended up playing some obscure stuff occasionally....a lot of jam bands do this...and if you get Togo to multiple shows it's great.... But I've seen some crappy shows and some great shows bu some bands..... A

That and Portnoy could well have been described as DT's biggest fan, and was an avid collector of boots from other bands.

Don't interpret me as whining about the setlist, but my preference would be to have The Wreckers swapped with Caravan or BU2B, and that then swapped periodically with CA. Also, I would love to hear The Way The Wind Blows in place of MMB, but that probably won't happen. Oh well, I'm beyond satisfied regardless.

TWTWB would be nice but Monkey Business probably isn't leaving. That way Geddy gets a vocal break in the first set.

Yup, and I'm all for MMB. Gotta give Ged a rest, especially for the second set. I'm still in awe of that.

If they play something from TFE live, I could picture the title track or Driven being possible songs they'd play live.

I really, really enjoy the title track from TFE. Driven is good musically, but it doesn't feel very good lyrically to me. I'd be satisfied with either, though.

Yeah will it be OLV or something else from VT?

The current speculation is "How It Is" replacing OLV.

I guess they'll save on the fuel for the pyro... can't see that in How it is