Official Second Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Lincoln, NE - May 10th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Portnoy was so anal about it that he kept track of what songs DT played live in what cities so that they would play different songs on the next tour in that particular town.

Go read the tourography on his website (if it's still there, if not it's archives somewhere).

For some tours, it's the same goddamned thing for like 20 nights in a row, with the odd song change or extra encore.

I wonder if the "casual" fans there know the name of the CA songs...

no.

REAL Rush fans do. CA is likely the last studio album we'll get from them - and they would be hard pressed to top it.

I don't think that is fair to say... Plenty of people who love Rush that just didn't connect with their most recent couple of albums.

Say what you want about Snakes & Arrows, but Far Cry has found its place in the hall of classic Rush songs. They played it on every tour since the record came out.
  • Like 4

I wonder if the "casual" fans there know the name of the CA songs...

no.

REAL Rush fans do. CA is likely the last studio album we'll get from them - and they would be hard pressed to top it.

I don't think that is fair to say... Plenty of people who love Rush that just didn't connect with their most recent couple of albums.

That's an adequate answer, and that original remark of mine was quite of an exaggerated statement on my part really.