The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Who doesn't like this ?!?!

http://youtu.be/PPmpk8iGdNY

Meh ������

It just sounds like the usual old school punk rock song to me. You press play, the song goes nowhere and it's over before you blink.

it was probably mind blowing for it's time but through a modern lens......i've heard this, lol

Mick

EP, when are you going to listen to Dark Passion Play from Nightwish?

They are better than Queen after all.

Well when you put it that way, makes me want to put that off even longer, lol.

Seriously though, I don't think it'll be for a good while. I have a lot of other music to go through right now and I don't really love listening to things on Spotify unless I absolutely have to. So unless I find it at Goodwill like I did Century Child in the next week or so before I go back to school...it'll probably be a good while.

Seriously though, I don't think it'll be for a good while. I have a lot of other music to go through right now and I don't really love listening to things on Spotify unless I absolutely have to. So unless I find it at Goodwill like I did Century Child in the next week or so before I go back to school...it'll probably be a good while.

I listened to the album on spotify last week and had no problem with how it sounded.

I listened to the album on spotify last week and had no problem with how it sounded.

It's not a sound thing for me. I just prefer using Spotify only to try things out or make playlists. I think the sound quality on there is fine.

It's not a sound thing for me. I just prefer using Spotify only to try things out or make playlists. I think the sound quality on there is fine.

I was just interested in what you're thoughts would be on The Poet and The Pendulum and the big change in their sound with Anette on vocals.

Plus, Amaranth is probably their catchiest song.

I was just interested in what you're thoughts would be on The Poet and The Pendulum and the big change in their sound with Anette on vocals.

Plus, Amaranth is probably their catchiest song.

I mean I will get to it. I'd just rather spend more time with Century Child before I dive into a different record.

AMEN

Bored, gonna rank Judas Priest best to worst:

1. Killing Machine

2. Sin After Sin

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. Painkiller

6. British Steel

7. Point Of Entry

8. Screaming For Vengeance

9. Defenders Of The Faith

10. Sad Wings Of Destiny

11. Rock A Rolla

12. Turbo

13. Nostradamus

14. Ram It Down

15. Angel Of Retribution

16. Jugulator (Cathedral Spires is an underrated masterpiece of a song)

17. Redeemer Of Souls

18. Demolition

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Bored, gonna rank Judas Priest best to worst:

1. Killing Machine

2. Sin After Sin

3. Stained Class

4. Firepower

5. British Steel

6. Point Of Entry

7. Screaming For Vengeance

8. Defenders Of The Faith

9. Sad Wings Of Destiny

10. Rock A Rolla

11. Turbo

12. Nostradamus

13. Ram It Down

14. Angel Of Retribution

15. Jugulator (Cathedral Spires is an underrated masterpiece of a song)

16. Redeemer Of Souls

17. Demolition

But where is Painkiller?

Nice to see that Point of Entry is so high in your rankings. That's my favorite one.

• Like 1

Point Of Entry is the absolute bottom for me. Completely uninspired and flat. It's like they were pressured into a fast follow up to British Steel and really didn't have anything that was worth a shit outside of a few songs. It's amazing the fire and energy that is present on British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance is nowhere to be found on the album between them. They rushed something out and it lacks all the passion and drive that is ever so present on the album that came before and the one that came after.

Point Of Entry is the absolute bottom for me. Completely uninspired and flat. It's like they were pressured into a fast follow up to British Steel and really didn't have anything that was worth a shit outside of a few songs. It's amazing the fire and energy that is present on British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance is nowhere to be found on the album between them. They rushed something out and it lacks all the passion and drive that is ever so present on the album that came before and the one that came after.

I don't the album needs it, the songs are beautiful and the album has its own vibe. I absolutely adore it, and some days it's even higher up for me

I showed Victim of Changes to a guitar nerd the other day. He had no idea this song existed.

It's an incredible song! But not my favourite off the album!