The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Mine

5. Pendragon-Love Over Fear

4. Green Day King Of All Motherfukkers

3. Rina Sawayama- Sawayama

2. Lady Gaga-Chromatica

1. Trivium-What The Dead Men Say.

Lady gaga's there......so what? it was the fun album i needed.

That's 5 GREAT albums. Really great.

Mick

I love that you've got Green Day in there, lol. That album has been so collectively trashed by much of the internet I'm glad to see someone else who enjoys it.

It's not stood up well for me. Dreadful production. It's not a bad album. Glad it's got its fans.

booo.

it's held up wonderfully.

the production is exacrly what it needs to be for the fun quick punch of an album it is.

i adore it.

Mick

It's definitely not the shit album everyone is making it out to be. I don't think it's as good as you say it is either, but I'm not knocking your enjoyment! It's definitely the sort of album I see myself coming back too when binging Green Day and going "ooh that's better than I remembered!".

• Like 2

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eNtFGQJJXpo/S0X2bdqH8NI/AAAAAAAADeg/jbMmMTGFuFs/w1200-h630-p-k-nu/glimmer2.jpg

Good afternoon gentlemen!

Love you, couldn't care less about them ������

Its you two...The Glimmer Twins!
  • Like 1

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eNtFGQJJXpo/S0X2bdqH8NI/AAAAAAAADeg/jbMmMTGFuFs/w1200-h630-p-k-nu/glimmer2.jpg

I'M THE SCARFED ONE

I'M THE SCARFED ONE

Absolutely!

Mick has to be Mick, lol!

• Like 1

Mine

2. Lady Gaga-Chromatica

Mick

I love that you've got Green Day in there, lol. That album has been so collectively trashed by much of the internet I'm glad to see someone else who enjoys it.

It's not stood up well for me. Dreadful production. It's not a bad album. Glad it's got its fans.

booo.

the production is exacrly what it needs to be for the fun quick punch of an album it is.

i adore it.

Mick

It's definitely not the shit album everyone is making it out to be. I don't think it's as good as you say it is either, but I'm not knocking your enjoyment! It's definitely the sort of album I see myself coming back too when binging Green Day and going "ooh that's better than I remembered!".

same deal. i can SEE the hate and understand it, lol

oh for sure.

but doesn't stop me from loving it.

Mick

Mine

2. Lady Gaga-Chromatica

Mick

booo.

i adore it.

Mick

oh for sure.

Mick

That's me with nearly everything haha!

Fans are idiots these days. Everything has to be a masterpiece. What's wrong with just enjoying a really good album?

I'm not gutted that the latest Nightwish isn't another masterpiece, I'm just gutted I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd normally do.

• Like 2

Also, Biffy and Jimmy are my faves. Is Biffy emo? Not really, but they skirt close to the genre as it was in the late nineties.

Jimmy and Biffy, I hope they tour the UK again together.

• Like 1

I'M THE SCARFED ONE

Absolutely!

Mick has to be Mick, lol!

There are multiple micks in Rock i can be

Jagger?

Fleetwood?

Taylor?

singed,

1 Mick in an army of Micks

• Like 1

Also, Biffy and Jimmy are my faves. Is Biffy emo? Not really, but they skirt close to the genre as it was in the late nineties.

Jimmy and Biffy, I hope they tour the UK again together.

i don't think Biffy are Emo fully but they've definitely played around with that style.

i love this Band.

Mick

Mine

2. Lady Gaga-Chromatica

Mick

booo.

i adore it.

Mick

oh for sure.

Mick

Same. I didn't love it to death or anything, but I thought it was a good bit of fun and silly as heck in a good way...so basically half of everything I want out of a good Muse or Queen album.

It helps that it's pretty short though.

Mine

2. Lady Gaga-Chromatica

Mick

booo.

i adore it.

Mick

oh for sure.

Mick

Same. I didn't love it to death or anything, but I thought it was a good bit of fun and silly as heck in a good way...so basically half of everything I want out of a good Muse or Queen album.

You love Muse and Foo Fighters. Check out Biffy Clyro. If you were British, you'd be a huge fan! They are massive here.

• Like 1

Mine

2. Lady Gaga-Chromatica

Mick

booo.

i adore it.

Mick

oh for sure.

Mick

You love Muse and Foo Fighters. Check out Biffy Clyro. If you were British, you'd be a huge fan! They are massive here.

What album?

Mine

2. Lady Gaga-Chromatica

Mick

booo.

i adore it.

Mick

oh for sure.

Mick

What album?

You can't do wrong with anything from Puzzle onwards. Their first three albums are chaotic and brilliant, but they became better when they found a solid sound.

Only Revolutions is HIGHLY recommended. It's a terrific collection of songs.

In the UK, Biffy are one of the BIGGEST acts in music.

• Like 1

Mine

2. Lady Gaga-Chromatica

Mick

booo.

i adore it.

Mick

oh for sure.

Mick

What album?

You can't do wrong with anything from Puzzle onwards. Their first three albums are chaotic and brilliant, but they became better when they found a solid sound.

Only Revolutions is HIGHLY recommended. It's a terrific collection of songs.

In the UK, Biffy are one of the BIGGEST acts in music.

I'll check them out today!

OH EP. start with Puzzle with Biffy. if you love Foos they should be right up your alley.

Mick

Or just play everything because one album isn't enough with Biffy. You will NEED this band after a few spins.

• Like 1

Controversial:

Biffy Clyro are my favourite trio of all time.

• Like 1

OH EP. start with Puzzle with Biffy. if you love Foos they should be right up your alley.

Mick

Or just play everything because one album isn't enough with Biffy. You will NEED this band after a few spins.

he may get thrown with the first 3 Tad weird just to be weird.

he may like vertigo of bliss though. that has some great music.

Mick

Mick

Mick

I do tend to like weird things, but I'll start with Puzzle.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Everything they do is weird. Just start with Puzzle.

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

Okay. On first listen I enjoyed it. I really liked the weird angular riffs in Who's Got A Match and the stop start into to Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies was a great way to open the album. The other weird odds and ends throughout were also highlights for me. The meat of the album is very like Jimmy Eat World to my ears, but with a bit less pathos. Some songs were catchier than others but on the whole it was pretty consistent. Nice ballads at the end. I didn't dig into the lyrics really so I could definitely be missing something there. I wouldn't say I'm hooked yet though; none of the songs jumped right out and stuck with me on the first try. Actually just mentioning Jimmy Eat World here has stuck something or another off of Clarity in my head, but I'll try again with these guys. Should I stick with Puzzle or try a different record first?

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Okay. On first listen I enjoyed it. I really liked the weird angular riffs in Who's Got A Match and the stop start into to Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies was a great way to open the album. The other weird odds and ends throughout were also highlights for me. The meat of the album is very like Jimmy Eat World to my ears, but with a bit less pathos. Some songs were catchier than others but on the whole it was pretty consistent. Nice ballads at the end. I didn't dig into the lyrics really so I could definitely be missing something there. I wouldn't say I'm hooked yet though; none of the songs jumped right out and stuck with me on the first try. Actually just mentioning Jimmy Eat World here has stuck something or another off of Clarity in my head, but I'll try again with these guys. Should I stick with Puzzle or try a different record first?

Keep going!

• Like 1