The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't know about you guys but I thought this was pretty cool

Oh I enjoyed that! I saw an interview with her recently where she said she had no intention of slowing down as she gets older. I have never followed her career, or looked into her work much, but I was really struck by how likeable she is! 

And this was fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh I enjoyed that! I saw an interview with her recently where she said she had no intention of slowing down as she gets older. I have never followed her career, or looked into her work much, but I was really struck by how likeable she is! 

And this was fun!

I never followed Doro either. I heard a few albums she did with Warlock back in the mid 80s and I enjoyed them but it's also not anything that I felt left me wanting more. I've heard some of her own material and it didn't do much for me. She has always steadily released stuff so she must do ok enough to keep it steadily going for 40 years now.

22 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I never followed Doro either. I heard a few albums she did with Warlock back in the mid 80s and I enjoyed them but it's also not anything that I felt left me wanting more. I've heard some of her own material and it didn't do much for me. She has always steadily released stuff so she must do ok enough to keep it steadily going for 40 years now.

Yeah I feel the same. She is an icon, but musically it really isn't my style. Still, seeing performers of the past do so well, regardless of my taste, always delights me.

11 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

MICK!! Did you hear about this?!

YES!!!!!!! I was gobsmacked.  i don't wanna hope but i was thinking possibly new album too?

probably not but a man can dream.  what a 2024 that would be, lol

just happy he recorded anything.

Mick

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

YES!!!!!!! I was gobsmacked.  i don't wanna hope but i was thinking possibly new album too?

Mick

Hopefully he's had some fresh ideas after 31 years.

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 5:42 AM, Segue Myles said:

Yeah I feel the same. She is an icon, but musically it really isn't my style. Still, seeing performers of the past do so well, regardless of my taste, always delights me.

I saw Kraftwerk a while back and am seeing Laurie Anderson in the near future. I don't know most of their music but they're both kind of iconic and a little quirky, which I like.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:14 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I think it’s a perfect comeback song. 

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I think it’s a perfect comeback song. 

it's wonderful IMO. it's like he just picked it up like no time passed.

i so want an album but..........big ask, lol

Mick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

it's wonderful IMO. it's like he just picked it up like no time passed.

i so want an album but..........big ask, lol

Mick

I feel like it wouldn’t make any sense for him to put out this song that so clearly sounds like the start of a new chapter and then not follow it up with a whole record.

• Like 2

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I feel like it wouldn’t make any sense for him to put out this song that so clearly sounds like the start of a new chapter and then not follow it up with a whole record.

it IS called Turn the Lights Back on.

also could work as an album title!!!!!

He could recreate the songs from the Attic album cover too.  Him peering into a dusty attic flicking the light switch on.  an old piano in the room.

Mick

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

He could recreate the songs from the Attic album cover too.  Him peering into a dusty attic flicking the light switch on.  an old piano in the room.

Mick

Oh that was my very first thought.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

He promised "big things" in 2024. I hope that doesn't mean just another stadium tour.

• Like 1