The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

If I am not in the right mood, Steve Perry is pitchy and Journey bore me.

If I am in the right mood, they are the best band ever!

Playing Departure, first thing in the morning light, and it is wonderful!

Odd...Journey will bore me soon but for now, I like them!

• Like 1

Random......but awesome, lol. I still think they were more of a singles band.

Wheras Say Toto wrote great full albums.

off to hear Meat loaf. you know the guy who has all the qualities i've heard you praise but yet yet you don't like in him, lol

Mr crazy pants. :laughing guy:

Mick

• Like 1

off to hear Meat loaf. you know the guy who has all the qualities i've heard you praise but yet yet you don't like in him, lol

Mick

I love them as fun background music. Some splendid moments.

Toto are better without a doubt. Not even close.

• Like 1

Mick

I love them as fun background music. Some splendid moments.

Toto are better without a doubt. Not even close.

oh absolutly.

Fahrenheit to this day i feel is of the best album ever period.

I hope i go through a toto phase soon, lol

Mick

I miss Toto...a lot...but not in that frame of mind.

Also, I know Meatloaf has a lot of elements comparable to some of my favourite bands.

But to me it is like comparing Nickleback to Smashing Pumpkins.

Not for me. Guitars, pomp and cheese are not the sole reason I love many of the bands I love. What they have Meatloaf doesn't.

But I respect his work for its influence!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Also, I know Meatloaf has a lot of elements comparable to some of my favourite bands.

Not for me. Guitars, pomp and cheese are not the sole reason I love many of the bands I love. What they have Meatloaf doesn't.

that's cool. Meat loaf and Queen were the 2 first rock bombast acts i heard.

and your first exposure always colors your outlook a bit.

I really honestly don't think anyone can beat Meat loaf and Steinmen. Masters of bombast.'

but i see why people wouldn't Like them as much.

Mick

• Like 1

I really honestly don't think anyone can beat Meat loaf and Steinmen. Masters of bombast.'

Mick

All he did was steal Born To Run and make it garish. I hate that album. And I hated it BEFORE I discovered Springsteen.

I like a lot of his later hits. But he is one of the most horrible recording artists I have ever heard. But I am thankful to his influence. My dislike for his music doesn't jade my respect for his craft. I can hear his passion.

I don't want to debate if he really did steal a sound, or that some of the E Street Band played on that record. I know it can be argued in his favour. But it doesn't change my opinion.

But as a total hypocrite, I would love to see him live! He is awesome onstage!

Sorry if I sound heated. I am in a bad mood haha...nothing at all to do with Meatloaf I am just a grumpy, sleep deprived, old fart today!

• Like 1

Mick

All he did was steal Born To Run and make it garish. I hate that album. And I hated it BEFORE I discovered Springsteen.

I like a lot of his later hits. But he is one of the most horrible recording artists I have ever heard. But I am thankful to his influence. My dislike for his music doesn't jade my respect for his craft. I can hear his passion.

I don't want to debate if he really did steal a sound, or that some of the E Street Band played on that record. I know it can be argued in his favour. But it doesn't change my opinion.

But as a total hypocrite, I would love to see him live! He is awesome onstage!

Sorry if I sound heated. I am in a bad mood haha...nothing at all to do with Meatloaf I am just a grumpy, sleep deprived, old fart today!

Steinman acrually had those songs written since the early 70's some late 60's. so who knows who was REALLY first, lol ah-ha, lol

But i'lll compromise and say i love both albums equally.

Mick

Mick and Segue, do either of you know the band Avantasia?

Basically, it's symphonic power metal meets rock opera. It's the project of Tobias Sammet (singer/songwriter for the power metal band Edguy) and it's very melodic, catchy and bombastic at times. There are a lot of guest vocalists from the rock/metal world in the songs.

Here's my favorite off their new album Ghostlights. Tobias is the main vocalist and the other singer with the stronger voice that sounds like David Coverdale is Jorn Lande.

• Like 2

Basically, it's symphonic power metal meets rock opera. It's the project of Tobias Sammet (singer/songwriter for the power metal band Edguy) and it's very melodic, catchy and bombastic at times. There are a lot of guest vocalists from the rock/metal world in the songs.

Here's my favorite off their new album Ghostlights. Tobias is the main vocalist and the other singer with the stronger voice that sounds like David Coverdale is Jorn Lande.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6WxMR-iOkw

ooh that's GREAT!!!!!!!!

i'll have to look em up.

Mick

• Like 1

I have known of them for years, and they never quite pleased me. But I hear the new one is good, so I might check it out!

I have known of them for years, and they never quite pleased me. But I hear the new one is good, so I might check it out!

Do you remember what you've heard from them? Why didn't they please you?

Do you remember what you've heard from them? Why didn't they please you?

Scarecrow album! I liked aspects of their sound but I disliked the amount of euro metal pomp. It's a style that only works for three bands.

Oh, I like the Euro metal pomp. But they're definitely not a band I can listen to all the time. I'll run through their stuff for a little bit when a new album is released and that's it until the next one.

The Scarecrow is a pretty good album. I like the follow up to it The Wicked Symphony best. Those two are part of a concept along with the album that followed, Angel Of Babylon.

I really dig the vocal melodies and catchiness to the songs.

Oh, I like the Euro metal pomp. But they're definitely not a band I can listen to all the time. I'll run through their stuff for a little bit when a new album is released and that's it until the next one.

The Scarecrow is a pretty good album. I like the follow up to it The Wicked Symphony best. Those two are part of a concept along with the album that followed, Angel Of Babylon.

The new album has my beloved Sharon, so I will, at the very least, be trying that album!

• Like 1

The new album has my beloved Sharon, so I will, at the very least, be trying that album!

Marco is also a guest vocalist on the song before Sharon's.

Marco is also a guest vocalist on the song before Sharon's.

Sold.

Guys help me I'm still listening to DT.

I can't commit 2 hours to listen to The Astonishing right now, though. Someday I'll get to it.

But I've probably played SFAM and BCSL like 5 times over the last week.

• Like 2

I can't commit 2 hours to listen to The Astonishing right now, though. Someday I'll get to it.

How can we help?

How can we help?

I think I need a Maiden binge.