Am I the only one?

Fat Stick

Not sure if a Rush song has provoked me to cry, but definitely has gotten me emotional. Atwas and hemispheres have done it (and still do). There's a passage in 2112 that really gets me...13:58-15:55. The 14:51-15:55 segment evokes strong feelings for me since it is Rush in one of their essential and most purest forms prior to the next chapter in their evolution. Atwas felt like a glorious celebration of the success they finally achieved at that level and a close to that "raw" and "elementary" chapter in their history.

Edited by GeminiRising79

I'm far from the type of guy that EVER cries... not that there's anything wrong with that, BUT...

Every time I hear 'Marathon', my eyes well up, and I get a warm body rush.

It has no special meaning like an old relationship or anything... it just has a crazy effect on my entire soul.

Anyone else get that? (From any Rush song)

Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. And sometimes seeing them live I just have to close my eyes and soak it all up.

• Like 1

I think the first time I heard "Nobody's Hero" I got a little teary-eyed. Same thing with "Losing It".

Losing It? Oh nevermind you're age is "unknown". I figured you for a much younger lady and that song would seem to have more impact on the elderly like me. Never mind. Moving on... :codger: :cheers:

Define "much" younger. ;)

Compared to me I would consider 25 years or so to be much younger. My kids are 25 and 28. Somewhere in that range. Heck 40 could be considered "much younger" than me... :LOL:

Well in that case, I am younger but really not much younger. :LOL:

I think the first time I heard "Nobody's Hero" I got a little teary-eyed. Same thing with "Losing It".

Losing It? Oh nevermind you're age is "unknown". I figured you for a much younger lady and that song would seem to have more impact on the elderly like me. Never mind. Moving on... :codger: :cheers:

Define "much" younger. ;)

Compared to me I would consider 25 years or so to be much younger. My kids are 25 and 28. Somewhere in that range. Heck 40 could be considered "much younger" than me... :LOL:

Well in that case, I am younger but really not much younger. :LOL:

Fine...

Losing it does remind me of my Ballerina days

Losing it does remind me of my Ballerina days

I once stared out the kitchen door and thought the sun would rise no more.

Not from Marathon which is a favorite of mine but Losing It and Nobody's Hero...for the record I don't cry I consider crying.

It has happened to me several occaisions either there was some really heavy stuff happening in my life while a certian tune or lyrical line yanked on the strings, Other times when a song teleported me to the past of some event(s) that was happening or people I was with that are now far away or no longer here on earth. I think truely all musc is capable of stirring strong emotions that is why as a species it is so deeply woven in the fabric of our being and existence :codger: . Considering Rush is my favorite band the frequency is tilted in their favor. But some songs by Bob Dylan (who is the master of singing about lifes situations (impo)) has rendered me in the same state. But sometimes I have to be careful of when these Rush songs Play.

The Fountian of Lamneth

Hemispheres V. Cygnus Bringer of Balance

The Pass

Losing it

Available Light

Manhattan Project (the pilot of Enola Gay flying out of that shock wave on that August day) Whew!!

Middletown Dreams

Open secerets

Bravado

and believe it or not The Wreckers

and there may be a few more lurking or yet to come. That is why I love this band, they know how to move one with the built in feelings in their music

Geez I must ba a big ole Sap fists%20crying.gif :ebert:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Much of Rush's post 80's material makes me want to cry. Not for the right reasons though...

Amen...
  • Like 1

I cry when I think someone actually got a paycheck for the Original mix of Vapor Trails
  • Like 1

I must be a big boob--but many rush songs have made me emotional from time to time.

Spirit of Radio

Resist

The Garden

Losing it

Freewill

are some of the ones most certain to cause a tear if I am in the right mood.

I don't think it makes one a boob because some songs make you tear up. Isn't that the reason we're all here--because this band affects us all with more than just a passing fancy?

• Like 3

I must be a big boob--but many rush songs have made me emotional from time to time.

Spirit of Radio

Resist

The Garden

Losing it

Freewill

are some of the ones most certain to cause a tear if I am in the right mood.

Nothing wrong with that and welcome to the TRF btw... :cheers:

The Garden and Bravado.

I keep thinking this will wear off and I'll be able to listen to at least one of them with dry eyes. So far, it hasn't happened.

Possibly the first few tracks of Snakes and Arrows, but not every time.

• Like 1