Ticketbastard

MMCXII

Can someone explain this to me? I bought tickets for two Rush shows yesterday. The "best ones available"... Way up in the stands.. Then I go on the ticketmaster website today and it's showing they have a fair bit of "platinum" seats available within the first 6 rows on the floor! What's happening here? Why didn't they let me know that when I went down there? I'm sure Im missing something here.. Just makes no sense..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/78/Dave_Chappelle_%28cropped%29.jpg/220px-Dave_Chappelle_%28cropped%29.jpg

They just trying to keep a brotha down!

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 5

I think there are actually separate tabs at the top of the screen where you can choose between the Platinum vs. VIP vs. regular seating. I could be wrong about that, but I thought I saw that when I bought for the Columbus show.

What I mean is that 'best available' could be relative to the standard arena seats. But I don't know for sure.

For what it's worth... :huh:

• Like 1

Your IP address must have been on their deadbeat list, so no Platinum for you from the ticket nazi!

:)

I love the thread title, I have never heard that before. :)

• Like 1

Can someone explain this to me? I bought tickets for two Rush shows yesterday. The "best ones available"... Way up in the stands.. Then I go on the ticketmaster website today and it's showing they have a fair bit of "platinum" seats available within the first 6 rows on the floor! What's happening here? Why didn't they let me know that when I went down there? I'm sure Im missing something here.. Just makes no sense..

Explanation is . . . . . TicketScalper Sucks & the whole ticking procedure is broke !

Just go back down to TicketScalper & inform them about the one's you found in the front section.

I would think they would be happy to exchange those for tickets they have for 5x face value.

:ranton:

So who Profits from this, The Band, The Promoter, The Venue , No No & :no:

So, the local record store got 100 of the New 2112 albums, list ( face ) price is $ 39.95

Due to certain law's they legally have to sell some for list price, ( like Ticketscalper.com )

So they pick 5 random people from the line of 400 fans waiting for the sale to start. :clap:

Then keep the rest & mark the next batch of 10 up to 12x @ $ 479.40 each

Then the next 12 @ 8x to $ 319.60 each

Next 12 @ 6x to $ 239.70 each

so on and so on.....

Anybody have a problem with that ? :huh:

:rantoff:

• Like 1

Your IP address must have been on their deadbeat list, so no Platinum for you from the ticket nazi!

:)

I love the thread title, I have never heard that before. :)

Oh, I've been calling them that too, for years. :) I'm surprised that more other people don't. It's very fitting.

• Like 1

I think there are actually separate tabs at the top of the screen where you can choose between the Platinum vs. VIP vs. regular seating. I could be wrong about that, but I thought I saw that when I bought for the Columbus show.

What I mean is that 'best available' could be relative to the standard arena seats. But I don't know for sure.

This is the correct answer. The VIP & platinum seats have a different link to them since they are not regular tickets. If you just went to the page and clicked on "best available" they will give you the ones that are available in the normal ticket price range. VIP & platinum are special tickets for those who want to spend a little more so they won't come up in the normal seat search.

I like to shit on ticketmaster as much as anyone but in this case they did nothing wrong. There's no conspiracy going on with this situation.

• Like 2

I hear the OP loud and clear. Had this not been a Rush concert, I would have folded and said "f**k this"!

Its wrong on multuiple levels for people to be able to get away with this. Its not the American way or is it even capitalism. Its theft.

I was lucky and only paid 2.5 times the face value by a reseller.

All ticketbasterd has to do is stop re=sales! Sell a limited amout of tickets to one account and do not allow them to sell them again on their web site. If they want to re-sell, let them stand outside before the show. Or go to Craigslist.

Best part is, I think the original owner of these seats will be sitting right next to me. I can hardly wait!

Just reporting the facts - during each of the pre-sales for Tampa, I was online at 10 am with password and tried continually over the course of several hours and never pulled up seats in the lower bowl or on the floor. Several of my friends were also trying and had the same experience. I noted that the day before the public sale, ticketbasard themselves were listing more than 2200 tickets for resale for the show - most of which in the lower bowl or on the floor. These were defined seats - section, row, and seat number many of which you could download instantly. This is not even considering ticketbastards "platinum seats", this was re-sale by anonymous "individuals". In addition, Stub Hub was listing an additional 1500+ seats for resale (section, row , seat number.) Clearly a high percentage of the lower/floor seats were purchased in pre-sale for the express purpose of resale at a much higher price.

There have been many other threads discussing this - some peeps actually seem to support this system touting it as fair capitalism. I would argue that it is not an open market and is, in effect, crony-capitalism in which ticketbastard is colluding with brokers to enable them to grab swaths of prime tickets and crank up the prices which exploits the band (which has already signed a agreement with LiveNation for bounded amounts of $ based on total number of tickets sold) and exploits the rabid fan base by forcing them to pay well over face value to have halfway decent tickets to the show. I don't buy the "auction mentality" of it either - while I wouldn't have a problem with an individual selling their seats for what they can get for them, but having an anonymous group of "individuals" selling entire sections on the floor is more than conspiracy. I would love to see a statistical evaluation of how the re-sellers were able to purchase entire rows on the floor (with a 4 tickets per person limit?), while many fans reported not a single seat coming up on the floor. Are there really 500 times more re-sellers than fans trying to buy during pre-sale? Is the re-sellers internet connection that much faster than a fans? or is ticketbastard suspending rules or otherwise giving re-sellers a back door to purchase sections?

It would be interesting to know, beyond somebody's opinion, how this phenomenon occurs and where the money goes.

• Like 4

Email Ray Danniels at

Yougotcrappyticketsbecauseiamgreddybastardhahahahaha@imaketherules.com

• Like 1

This is the correct answer. The VIP & platinum seats have a different link to them since they are not regular tickets. If you just went to the page and clicked on "best available" they will give you the ones that are available in the normal ticket price range. VIP & platinum are special tickets for those who want to spend a little more so they won't come up in the normal seat search.

I like to shit on ticketmaster as much as anyone but in this case they did nothing wrong. There's no conspiracy going on with this situation.

Makes sense but I went down and bought my ticket in person.. "I said I want THEE BEST single ticket available.. Price is no object", and all she found was way up in the stands so I bought it. Then I got home and checked the website for the first time actually and found out about these platinum seats for the first time. So why wouldn't they want to let me know about them when I was down there? They would've made a lot more money off me!

Explanation is . . . . . TicketScalper Sucks & the whole ticking procedure is broke !

Just go back down to TicketScalper & inform them about the one's you found in the front section.

I would think they would be happy to exchange those for tickets they have for 5x face value.

So, the local record store got 100 of the New 2112 albums, list ( face ) price is $ 39.95

Due to certain law's they legally have to sell some for list price, ( like Ticketscalper.com )

So they pick 5 random people from the line of 400 fans waiting for the sale to start. :clap:

so on and so on.....

I'm working a shutdown right now over an hour away from my city. 12 hour night shifts with one day every 7 days.. So I'm in a hotel near the work site.. My day off was yesterday :/. Hell I'm going to go back tomorrow and give them shit but I'll be in town around 5 am, wait til they open at 10.. Might get a couple hours sleep anyway. See my problem? These pricks drive me nuts..!

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 1

There are several related threads where you can get a wealth of info and opinions.

That's helpful...

Not for me it's not. I don't actually need opinions on ticketmaster because mine is pretty firm. I just want to understand what's going on but its getting clearer.. They're Ticketmaster which makes us Ticketslaves..

f***ing with me trying to see my favorite band.. BASTARDS!!

I used to try for the first thing with the online crap, and whenever there's a presale that lasts for more than a day, I've learned that first thing in the morning you get squat....so I try a few times during the day and usually end up with better tickets...case in point, the tickets I got for the show in Philly in 2012 were just that! I went first thing, and all of the tickets were scattered in various places, so I said screw this, I'll do it the day they go on sale...but I was curious throughout the day, and BOOM! I got tickets in a VIP section that had it's own bar! (that were actually pretty decent!) (not a floor fan anymore)

so on and so on.....

I'm working a shutdown right now over an hour away from my city. 12 hour night shifts with one day every 7 days.. So I'm in a hotel near the work site.. My day off was yesterday :/. Hell I'm going to go back tomorrow and give them shit but I'll be in town around 5 am, wait til they open at 10.. Might get a couple hours sleep anyway. See my problem? These pricks drive me nuts..!

I guess we can call you....

mqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Makes sense but I went down and bought my ticket in person.. "I said I want THEE BEST single ticket available.. Price is no object", and all she found was way up in the stands so I bought it. Then I got home and checked the website for the first time actually and found out about these platinum seats for the first time. So why wouldn't they want to let me know about them when I was down there? They would've made a lot more money off me!

Maybe the VIP & platinum tickets are sold exclusively online :huh:

Since it's a 'package' they may be,...intriguing question

If that's true I swear I'm going to firebomb the place.. I currently am without credit card. Don't really believe in them. I pay cash for everything 100% down and 0% per month or I live without it.

so on and so on.....

I guess we can call you....

mqdefault.jpg

Yup.. But these jobs last about 5-6 weeks then I enjoy a couple weeks off which happens to be timed perfectly with my two Rush shows this year :)

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2

:sigh: no fun getting tickets anymore. Yeay technology :sarcastic: Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

LOL, more of this?

TM is a monopoly, yes.

That said, premium commodities are always going to command premium prices.

What I think is, people want it to be the golden eras of rock (read: 1970-1990) when tickets were 20 bucks a pop.

But it's not anymore. And concerts are flashpoint high value events/lifetime moments, not just a 'fun time to party with friends and rawk out to so and so.'

Concerts are your Dad's '67 Camaro. Not another VW bug. Welcome to the 21st century.

• Like 1