Favorite section of 2112 (the epic song)

G Lee

Favorite segment of 2112 (the epic song)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Come on, pick one...

• I. Overture
    • II. The Temples of Syrinx
    • III. Discovery
    • IV. Presentation
    • V. Oracle: The Dream
    • VI. Soliloquy
    • VII. Grand Finale
    • The whole shebang-a-bang!

I will say that Temples absolutely blew my mind wide open, when I was seven years old- heaviest thing I'd ever heard in my life. But now, all these years later...I cannot separate one section from any of the others to cite a 'best'. The whole is truly greater than the sum of its parts.
  • Like 2

What's the part called where he finds the guitar and learns to play it? That part... :)

That would be Discovery. :)

:LOL: Thanks.... ;)

Hard to separate them mentally from each other since it's all one big long epic. But I guess my favorite sections would be Discovery and Soliloquy.
  • Like 2

Hard to separate them mentally from each other since it's all one big long epic. But I guess my favorite sections would be Discovery and Soliloquy.

There is something so cool and serene about Discovery that gets me every time and sets it so far apart from most other music. The beauty of parts of Close To The Edge for example is something I can think of right of the top that is similar to me at least. A spiritual experience... Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 3

There is something so cool and serene about Discovery that gets me every time and sets it so far apart from most other music. The beauty of parts of Close To The Edge for example is something I can think of right of the top that is similar to me at least. A spiritual experience...

Yep, yep totally get what you mean here. Discovery always sends me away to a different peaceful sphere. The way Ged sings it is so perfect, just captures the mood of the curiosity and quiet sense of wonder of the hero...and the way the music lilts along and reflects the same thing...God, it gives me chills every time!

Soliloquy too man, total desperation and horrible loss at its best. I can feel it in pounding waves from the vocals and the music. Damn, I love this and words just dirty it, lol.

• Like 1

Gotta go with Discovery/Presentation as well- simple yet epic. Love the way Temples of Syrinx rocks but my daughter got a free CD with a flying doll thing years ago and the song sounded a lot like Temples! It's hard for me to hear it now without hearing that doll song in my head and laughing a lot . . . :) Edited by blueschica

Whoa, my FIRST POST !!!

I went with Oracle: The Dream

Home to tear The Temples down, home to change !!!!

Great forum, I am glad to be here !!

Welcome! :)

• Like 1

All ~20 minutes of it is the best section.

If I HAD to pick one, it'd be Grand Finale. Always dreamed of if I ever played a gig again (last time was battle of the bands senior year) then we're closing everything out with Grand Finale, like the boys did on the Moving Pictures and CA Tours :haz:

• Like 1