Natural Science

YYZumbi

It's no Jacob's Ladder.

Why would we even create a thread about it? :huh:

About Jacob's Ladder? If you have a complaint, see Toymaker.

Toymaker is not qualified to diagnose and treat such complaints. Except he may, as a friend, advise listening to certain songs at high volumes.

• Like 1

I remember hearing Permanent Waves all the way through when I was 12 or so back in 83. Whenever I hear it I am taken back to that first time.

So Permanent Waves is an 80s album?

;) :outtahere:

• Like 3

This is the song that is the true masterpiece on Permanent Waves.

Lets talk about it...

I love all my children but I stayed in the shower longer just to finish listening to it.

I remember hearing Permanent Waves all the way through when I was 12 or so back in 83. Whenever I hear it I am taken back to that first time.

Are you trying to start something? Come back here!!

Are you trying to start something? Come back here!!

No. Not at all. Why would you think that? It's just a topic that needs a full hearing here...

:)

Permanent Waves is timeless recorded in the 70's yet leaving the 70's behind to chart the great new course of RUSH in a new era The 80's. RUSH's greatest decade!

...The 80's ended with Hold Your Fire.

It's no Jacob's Ladder.

Toymaker is not qualified to diagnose and treat such complaints. Except he may, as a friend, advise listening to certain songs at high volumes.

Start your own threads from now on.

Released 1/1/1980

Like it or not, it's an '80's album.

Only if it was written and recorded in the morning of 1/1/1980 and released later that afternoon.

It's no Jacob's Ladder.

Start your own threads from now on.

:)

Released 1/1/1980

Like it or not, it's an '80's album.

Only if it was written and recorded in the morning of 1/1/1980 and released later that afternoon.

LOL for realz

...still it is an 80's album.

;)

This song is AMAZING live. The studio version just doesn't do it for me, though. It feels…empty. Cold. It isn't bad by any means, but it is exponentially better live. Edited by Disk98

and the live version on R30 is the most transcendent moment in the recorded history of Rush, IMO.

I find the Live in St. Louis version the best live version because it's not hacked the way the recent version is. Since they brought it back they cut a verse and a guitar solo. Not good. They've taken a great song and lessened it. Same goes for Xanadu. and 2112.

• Like 1

Jacob's Ladder is my absolute, all time favourite Rush track, but Natural Science (along with a few others) comes pretty close.
  • Like 1

It's my number one favorite Rush song of all time, and the live version on R30 is the most transcendent moment in the recorded history of Rush, IMO.

But it's just plain childish to start a thread on it because someone else started one on Jacob's Ladder. The greatness of Natural Science isn't made any greater by slamming Jacob's Ladder.

I think it's ok that he made this thread, even for the reason he made it. What is childish is that he continues to go into the Jacob's Ladder thread to slam that song and promote this one.

:eyeroll:

• Like 2