2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

The Texas Rangers' season just keeps looking better and better all the time:

http://m.rangers.mlb...or-league-debut

I wonder what we'll do if he keeps this up. There aren't enough at bats for him when Beltre comes back and he needs them to refine his game. It's a good problem to have. He'll probably go to Triple A. It looks like we'll have to find a place for him next year but I just don't know where he'll fit.

Honestly, dealing Beltre if he's healthy and hitting at the deadline if the aRangers are not in serious contention is ideal. They need young position players and not at third.

I wonder what we'll do if he keeps this up. There aren't enough at bats for him when Beltre comes back and he needs them to refine his game. It's a good problem to have. He'll probably go to Triple A. It looks like we'll have to find a place for him next year but I just don't know where he'll fit.

Honestly, dealing Beltre if he's healthy and hitting at the deadline if the aRangers are not in serious contention is ideal. They need young position players and not at third.

I have a hard time seeing that happen because Beltre is the leader of the team. But you do have a good point.

I have a hard time seeing that happen because Beltre is the leader of the team. But you do have a good point.

Elvis Andrus would have a break down if Beltre left.

Elvis Andrus would have a break down if Beltre left.

Yeah. It would probably hit him the hardest.

Beltre goes deep for the 400th time. He's young enough that he's still got a shot at 500. Since he's been clean he has to be a Hall of Famer, right?

Beltre? Absolutely. Hell of a player.

Edited by Disk98

Beltre goes deep for the 400th time. He's young enough that he's still got a shot at 500. Since he's been clean he has to be a Hall of Famer, right?

Beltre? Absolutely. Hell of a player.

Oh yeah. I didn't really watch too much until he came to my team. He sure plays like a hall of famer. Hits for average and power along with great defense. Great team leader. One of the greates Rangers of all time. I love the guy.

The joke that is the plate blocking rule rears its ugly head in Philadelphia.

After listening to John Kruk on Sunday Night Baseball, could the Cardinals PLEASE hire him as their GM?

After listening to John Kruk on Sunday Night Baseball, could the Cardinals PLEASE hire him as their GM?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Cardinals have been pretty damn successful for a while. The last time I checked the National League standings they were still humming along.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Cardinals have been pretty damn successful for a while. The last time I checked the National League standings they were still humming along.

With a GM who thinks 180 degrees opposite of Kruk. Every Cub fan wishes for the same.

With a GM who thinks 180 degrees opposite of Kruk. Every Cub fan wishes for the same.

Boy am I thick. I get it now.

Boy am I thick. I get it now.

no problem

Cubs have the night off, so I'm splitting between the Bucs and the the Blue Jays. 3 starting pitchers on the DL for Miami, and it shows...Toronto's up 6 runs in the 1st inning.

Cubs have the night off, so I'm splitting between the Bucs and the the Blue Jays. 3 starting pitchers on the DL for Miami, and it shows...Toronto's up 6 runs in the 1st inning.

Cubs draft pick coming up after the minor league in town chooses.

I posted this story in the R40 periscope thread, but it's a baseball story, so...

My son's Little League team lost tonight, but there was some comedy. Our starting pitcher was throwing like an ace and mowed down 4 of the the first 5 batters. Since this was the playoffs, and we were one game from the championship, our manager decided to save this guy for the championship game, which we only get to play if we win this game. Good decision? (hint: This is a logic test)

So...the reliever comes in and walks eight batters, beans another, combined with five booted infield grounders. The 4th inning ends with us down 11-2. Mercy rule after 4 inning is 10. One run shy. There's a 1:45 time limit, but we are six minutes shy of it. So we go to the 5th. A series of relief pitchers for us proceeds to give up eleven more runs on walks and hit batsmen. It takes an hour just to play the top of the 5th inning, but we finally get the third out. By rule we have to bat, and I jokingly say "88 balls and we're in business". On cue, the opposing reliever walks our first batter on four straight balls. "Only 84 more...", I say. 2nd batter walked on four straight, as is the 3rd. We walk in five runs before the Ump gets some sense and severely enlarges the strike zone. This leads to a couple of our guys striking out on bad calls, which of course sets off our coach. The final out is on a bad call strike out and out coach comes storming over to me, saying, "Tough to beat a team that has ten guys on the field"...and he meant it. If only the ump was more fair, we'd've had a shot. :D

My son walks over and I ask him, "You ever had a Big Mac?" He says, "No, dad." I say, "Let's go..."

http://www.therushfo...80#entry3595128

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Ryan Theriot, what a moron....

Light-hitting former MLB middle infielder Ryan Theriot, last seen in the big leagues with the world champion Giants in 2012, has things to say about Moneyball on Twitter:

Wow Dodgers! Nice hire for the GM job.

Hahahahahaha.......Good luck with that!

#moneyballdoesntwork

Should be a Prerequisite for ALL sports GM jobs that they actually have PLAYED the game. Too much riding on their decisions!

New Dodgers president Andrew Friedman came to baseball from a banking background and helped turn around a moribund Tampa Bay Rays franchise before taking the job with Los Angeles last month.

Theriot’s argument is both tired and fundamentally silly. Though Billy Beane’s A’s have not won a championship in his tenure as GM, every Major League club uses some combination of analytics and scouting to assess its players and construct its rosters. And Michael Lewis’ book Moneyball was, at its core, about trying to exploit market inefficiencies, which is more or less just common sense.

And as MLB pitcher Brandon McCarthy soon pointed out, a lack of experience playing professional baseball did not prevent a couple of MLB execs from signing Theriot:

Should be a Prerequisite for ALL sports GM jobs that they actually have PLAYED the game. Too much riding on their decisions!

Neither Giants GM Brian Sabean nor Cardinals GM John Mozeliak, under whom Theriot earned his first ring in 2011, ever played baseball professionally.

An earlier version of this post referred to Friedman as the D

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/ryan-theriot-brandon-mccarthy-sonned-giants-cardinals-moneyball-mlb

Fittingly, AFraud hits his 666th HR. It would be even more fitting if it was his last.

Padres fire Bud Black - It's almost like he wanted to be fired. Yesterday they are up 2-0 on the Dodgers and Padres have their ace Shields pitching. Sitting on a low pitch count and going good Black pulls Shields for the worst pinch hitter on the team Melvin Upton. Shields was livid. The very next inning Thayer gives up two runs in relief. :facepalm:

Fittingly, AFraud hits his 666th HR. It would be even more fitting if it was his last.

I'm a Yankees fan, and his numbers don't mean a thing to me. No pride whatsoever in him climbing these lists.

You mean you're not going to see the summer's big blockbuster, Pride of the Yankees II, the A-Rod story?

I'm a Yankees fan, and his numbers don't mean a thing to me. No pride whatsoever in him climbing these lists.

You mean you're not going to see the summer's big blockbuster, Pride of the Yankees II, the A-Rod story?

Who is playing ARod?

Who is playing ARod?

Not sure, but I'd cast Ricky Martin.