2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

It's sad that I have to say this but it has to be said...Jered Weaver needs to be traded.

Once again, there's a reason why many fans like me call them "slumpbusters." Still losing to teams that have worse records. Even Brewers and Indians could kick their asses ffs. :facepalm: They had the only losing record against Houston in 2013 and won only one game against the Twins that season.

It's tortoise beating the hare.

:o

Mark Reynolds just hit a grand slam to put the game at 5-4 Cubs.

The Cardinals are like Rasputin, only more evil. You have to drive a stake through their heart to kill them.

The Cardinals are like Rasputin, only more evil. You have to drive a stake through their heart to kill them.

Even Cy Kershaw is their bitch. :LOL:

How about that? Carlos Perez hits a walk off solo homer in his MLB debut with my Halos. :D 5-4!

Reminds me of 2006 when Napoli his his 1st home run in his major league debut for them.

Won't work. We will apparently only regenerate.

Evidence: Wainwright goes out for the season.... Cardinals go 9-2 since. That has to be the work of some preternatural force, yes?

I know. I know. The rest of the NL Central is gripping.... wondering how St. Louis seems to just have a barrel full of replacement guys to pull from. The answer couldn't be a quality organization and tireless research, planning, or player development. Nope. It must be they are downright evil, the spawn of darkness, the absence of light.... minions to the lord of the underworld.

:scared:

PS At a .769 record (124-38 pace), a slow down, if not a serious collapse, is coming for St. Louis. It is just not statistically probable, especially since the bulk of the 20-6 all-time best start has come within the division. The rest of the season includes, of course, runs against the NL East and NL West. The Cardinals generally fare well against the East, but West coast trips are often something of a viper den. Likewise, the rotation lines up against the AL Central, which should play St. Louis well, especially in-state rivals KC - who always play the Cardinals well even when the Royals regularly flirted with 100 losses. Beating up on the NL Central is one thing. Doing it consistently across the league and in interleague is entirely another.

The...

A's...

suck.

That is all.

When's football?

The...

A's...

suck.

That is all.

When's football?

Everyone but the Astros in the division sucks. Hell just froze over.

Predicted to be a powerhouse division...

The season is long, I know, but who saw this kind of start for the AL West?

The...

A's...

suck.

That is all.

When's football?

Everyone but the Astros in the division sucks. Hell just froze over.

I agree in general. But, the Rangers just swept their series with the Astros.

Things got surreal over the past couple of seasons, since we used to look forward to playing the Astros for the potentially easy win only to get beat by them. The tables have turned. :|

Evidence: Wainwright goes out for the season.... Cardinals go 9-2 since. That has to be the work of some preternatural force, yes?

I know. I know. The rest of the NL Central is gripping.... wondering how St. Louis seems to just have a barrel full of replacement guys to pull from. The answer couldn't be a quality organization and tireless research, planning, or player development. Nope. It must be they are downright evil, the spawn of darkness, the absence of light.... minions to the lord of the underworld.

PS At a .769 record (124-38 pace), a slow down, if not a serious collapse, is coming for St. Louis. It is just not statistically probable, especially since the bulk of the 20-6 all-time best start has come within the division. The rest of the season includes, of course, runs against the NL East and NL West. The Cardinals generally fare well against the East, but West coast trips are often something of a viper den. Likewise, the rotation lines up against the AL Central, which should play St. Louis well, especially in-state rivals KC - who always play the Cardinals well even when the Royals regularly flirted with 100 losses. Beating up on the NL Central is one thing. Doing it consistently across the league and in interleague is entirely another.

Been hearing this for a while...I'll wait until it actually happens.

Go Cardinals!

Been hearing this for a while...I'll wait until it actually happens.

Go Cardinals!

I am a lifelong and diehard Cardinal fan. Born and raised in St. Louis. Baptized in Cardinal Nation. But my love of the Cardinals is also equal to a love of baseball... and an understanding of it.

The best records in modern MLB history belong to the (believe it) 1906 Chicago Cubs and 2001 Seattle Mariners with 116 wins. The Cubs, though, have the nod given that season was only 152 games long, as opposed to Seattle's 162. The next closest 162 game record is the 1998 Yankees at 114 wins.

Should anyone really believe *this* Cardinal team is going to surpass the Mariners by 8 wins and the Yankees by 10 wins?

Don't get me wrong. I love my Cardinals and I think Matheny is doing a masterful job of managing a very stretched pitching staff. That, though, can't last. The team will come back to reality. They will contend, but 100+ wins is just not going to happen.

That said.... I hope I am wrong.

• Like 1

"We're in the basement!"

Come on A's fans, sing along!

A song about counterfeiting...somehow appropriate...

(12-21 record :rush: )

"We're in the basement!"

Neat. The Yankees are 21-12! :rush:

"We're in the basement!"

the Brewers are 21-12 (losses-wins) :LOL:
  • Like 1

"We're in the basement!"

The Summer of RUSH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpMN04pr6oE

"We're in the basement!"

That is fukking funny! My Lame A's won tonight! WOW!

A's Brewers World Series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpMN04pr6oE

"We're in the basement!"

That is fukking funny! My Lame A's won tonight! WOW!

A's Brewers World Series!

It's a baseball equivalent of The Running Man! :LOL:

Good thing for instant replay. Even IR know not to doubt Trout and his defense. 2-1! :haz: On to Baltimore.