2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Today's question.

And really think about it.

Will there be more fans at the Orioles game in Tampa tomorrow night then they had in Baltimore yesterday?

Yesterdays attendance was 0

This is too close to call for me

Anyone here play fantasy?

Long time fantasy player here.

My first season was 1989, when stats were computed with paper, pencil, and the league numbers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from USA Today.

Anyone else familiar with APBA? I played those cards like mad.

• Like 1

I love the A's as much as I love Rush. I will never give up and my team. But yeah its not looking good. Still its only April. I try not to shoot my wad too early:/

The A's have a way of getting hot towards the end of the year.

Last year's collapse was epic in nature.

My first season was 1989, when stats were computed with paper, pencil, and the league numbers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from USA Today.

My nephew has me in the Yahoo league. I am in dead last in our group. I think half the time I don't have a starting pitcher and am playing guys on the DL.

My nephew has me in the Yahoo league. I am in dead last in our group. I think half the time I don't have a starting pitcher and am playing guys on the DL.

Goose- I think I need to assist you with a roster makeover

Im in a very competitve 16 team keeper league. It makes fantasy football look like childs play. My team is off to a good start- will likely be 3-1 after this week.

And in June, guess who is coming back on my roster

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Jose-Fernandez.jpg

Im in a very competitve 16 team keeper league. It makes fantasy football look like childs play. My team is off to a good start- will likely be 3-1 after this week.

And in June, guess who is coming back on my roster

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Jose-Fernandez.jpg

Nice! We've got a 14-team league. I'm closing in on 4-0.

Fernandez is a treat.

M's swept by Astros. Four-game series, too. Astros have won 10 straight. Don't think that'll hold because that team won't win if it isn't hitting homers, but it does look like my Mariners might not be as good as advertised coming in. Too many outs near the bottom of the lineup. Don't get on base often enough to score consistently. Heavy, heavy sigh.

M's swept by Astros. Four-game series, too. Astros have won 10 straight. Don't think that'll hold because that team won't win if it isn't hitting homers, but it does look like my Mariners might not be as good as advertised coming in. Too many outs near the bottom of the lineup. Don't get on base often enough to score consistently. Heavy, heavy sigh.

Point of clarification..... the Astros won't hit too many homers on the road. Right handed pull hitters at home, though.....

Cardiac Cards defeat Pirates 3-2 in 14!

I almost feel bad for the Pirates. Three extra inning walk-off losses to your key rival has got to sting.

But, again, I only almost feel bad for them. These are the kinds of things (going into a series 3.5 back to only end it 6.5 back - knowing you pitched well and had the rival in a corner the whole series) that make for great mind games. As much as I think the Cubs are going to be in Wild Card contention in September, I think the Pirates are the bigger threat for the division and this series could be a huge factor the rest of the season.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1

I almost feel bad for the Pirates. Three extra inning walk-off losses to your key rival has got to sting.

But, again, I only almost feel bad for them. These are the kinds of things (going into a series 3.5 back to only end it 6.5 back - knowing you pitched well and had the rival in a corner the whole series) that make for great mind games. As much as I think the Cubs are going to be in Wild Card contention in September, I think the Pirates are the bigger threat for the division and this series could be a huge factor the rest of the season.

We just lost a series to the f***ing Brewers. Who even knows...

We just lost a series to the f***ing Brewers. Who even knows...

The Brewers really aren't that bad. They'll be at least a 75 win team by the end of the year.

And their closer has a unique way of closing that I think will be effective over time...having the hitters hit lined shots at their defenders.

With a big win over the Angels, the A's put themselves near the top of the AL West!!!

Not counting the Astros.

• Like 1

Point of clarification..... the Astros won't hit too many homers on the road. Right handed pull hitters at home, though.....

Well, yes. But even this weekend, it was insanity. It was like watching those guys play on a beer league softball diamond. Anything off the bat carried, and carried a long, long way. If that happens all year, they might not lose again at home.

Pirates bats have been VERY cold as of late. I am also concerned about the bullpen. Starting pitching has been very solid so far

http://media.jrn.com/images/440*277/b99493375z.1_20150503233552_000_g9eavccb.1-1.jpg

BUH-BYE Ronnie...... so sorry that you have to go, but.....umm.....well, to be honest, I'm NOT sorry.

Your pathetic coddling of the players didn't do much for the success of the team, did it? GOOD RIDDANCE.

The Cubs and Cardinals start their 4 game series tonight in Busch Stadium. Damn MLB not scheduling any day games today, making it real hard for me over in the UK :rage: At least I don't have anything planned for tomorrow...gonna be up till 4am.

http://media.jrn.com/images/440*277/b99493375z.1_20150503233552_000_g9eavccb.1-1.jpg

BUH-BYE Ronnie...... so sorry that you have to go, but.....umm.....well, to be honest, I'm NOT sorry.

Your pathetic coddling of the players didn't do much for the success of the team, did it? GOOD RIDDANCE.

With a big win over the Angels, the A's put themselves near the top of the AL West!!!

Not counting the Astros.

Another high quality sports report from the folks at Fox and msnbc. Why let facts get in your way. You've got a base to support and an angle to spin!

Pirates bats have been VERY cold as of late. I am also concerned about the bullpen. Starting pitching has been very solid so far

Bats heat up. I would be concerned about the bullpen, in general. I always worry about my team's bullpen - it can kill you. Real, though, your guys' relievers held together pretty well this past series. Yeah, three extra inning walk offs looks bad, but the fact of the matter is the bullpen got them into the extra innings to begin with.

Bats heat up. I would be concerned about the bullpen, in general. I always worry about my team's bullpen - it can kill you. Real, though, your guys' relievers held together pretty well this past series. Yeah, three extra inning walk offs looks bad, but the fact of the matter is the bullpen got them into the extra innings to begin with.

This is true, theyve been pretty good. I dont think our bullpen is necessarily bad, its just that the last 3 years weve been spoiled with such a good bullpen. Melancon's velocity is way down, I dont see him holding on to the closer job much longer, I think Watson will take over. Bats will heat up, McCutchen is fighting a knee thing right now. My guess is we go on a tear in July