2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

You non-St. Louisan types out there likely don't know Bernie, but Miklasz is one of the best sports writers on the country and a baseball guru. He is usually spot on in his assessments, as in today's column...

http://www.stltoday....c16737265c.html

PS You Pirate fans want to read this one.

PPS Aaaand, it appears the link is locking out the script. Cliff Notes version..... as in 2013 and 2014, the Pirates are going to make a run and the Cardinals need to be ready. Pitt is tough, scrappy, and built for the long haul with a solid 1-2-3 situation in starting pitching.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

You non-St. Louisan types out there likely don't know Bernie, but Miklasz is one of the best sports writers on the country and a baseball guru. He is usually spot on in his assessments, as in today's column...

PPS Aaaand, it appears the link is locking out the script. Cliff Notes version..... as in 2013 and 2014, the Pirates are going to make a run and the Cardinals need to be ready. Pitt is tough, scrappy, and built for the long haul with a solid 1-2-3 situation in starting pitching.

Thank you! I was able to read it OK and wouldn't have seen it otherwise. It's been great seeing Burnett and Cole pitch (on TV!) this season! I am in central PA (although I grew up in Pgh.) and games are now a long trip. Luckily our cable system still carries the local Pgh. sports cable station so we get most Pirates and Penguins home games- I'm excited to see that 4 game stand with the Cardinals. It will be huge!

• Like 1

Thank you! I was able to read it OK and wouldn't have seen it otherwise. It's been great seeing Burnett and Cole pitch (on TV!) this season! I am in central PA (although I grew up in Pgh.) and games are now a long trip. Luckily our cable system still carries the local Pgh. sports cable station so we get most Pirates and Penguins home games- I'm excited to see that 4 game stand with the Cardinals. It will be huge!

Worked for me. If the Buccos would have taken two of the four one run games in the series where they lost them all, I think they'd be tied going into tonight.

• Like 1

Karma's a B****

oh-oh.jpg?w=630

I wish he was still on the Gnats. Gave me more than enough reason to hate them.

Panda's obviously a breast man.

Congratulations to Max Scherzer on his no hitter today against the Pirates!

That guy is on fire, hitters are 1-55 against him in his last two starts, with 26 Ks.

For Earl :LOL:

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/Sullysue67/AAbOfCs.img%202_zpsrenmyxzs.jpg

HAHAHA!

Thanks a lot Sully!!!! UGH!!! I was at that game.

Well I was at the A's game today too! 4-1 win of the LAMEGELS!!

CHEERS!!

RUSH ON!!!

YOU TOOL!

lol

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/Sullysue67/AAbOfCs.img%202_zpsrenmyxzs.jpg

HAHAHA!

CHEERS!!

RUSH ON!!!

YOU TOOL!

lol

At least you have cool uniforms.
  • Like 1

I was just listening to the local sports radio station and heard Vin Scully call Joey Gallo's HR last night. Man, he is still in his 80's and sounds great. Dodger fans have been really lucky to have this guy call games for over a half century.

Oh yeah,

Grew up with this guy. :codger: I wish I could meet him some day soon.

BTW, Its about time you guys beat the Giants! :madra:

HAHAHA!

CHEERS!!

RUSH ON!!!

YOU TOOL!

lol

Hey it hasn't been the best season, but it seems things are getting better. I still think they kinda expected this to happen. Its not like they are getting killed out there but the bullpen has been pretty much shite, even though it seems to be getting more stable.

Yes, the A's have some freaking awesome uni's!!

HAHAHA!

CHEERS!!

RUSH ON!!!

YOU TOOL!

lol

Hey it hasn't been the best season, but it seems things are getting better. I still think they kinda expected this to happen. Its not like they are getting killed out there but the bullpen has been pretty much shite, even though it seems to be getting more stable.

Yes, the A's have some freaking awesome uni's!!

I'm assuming you're an A's fan. You guys have a way of climbing back into things. I sure as hell haven't counted them out yet.

I was just listening to the local sports radio station and heard Vin Scully call Joey Gallo's HR last night. Man, he is still in his 80's and sounds great. Dodger fans have been really lucky to have this guy call games for over a half century.

Oh yeah,

Grew up with this guy. :codger: I wish I could meet him some day soon.

BTW, Its about time you guys beat the Giants! :madra:

I've always heard a lot about Vin Scully and have probably heard some of his calls but that day on the radio station, it was isolated. I really like him. He has a comfortable way of calling a game it seems.

You better meet him really soon! :LOL:

• Like 1

Scully's been calling games for 65 years, he started in 1950.

Yeah. I'm aware of his resume. Including calling games for the Brooklyn Dodgers. I was so amazed that he didn't sound like he's losing it. He still sounds like a chipper, semi-young man.

Yeah. I'm aware of his resume. Including calling games for the Brooklyn Dodgers. I was so amazed that he didn't sound like he's losing it. He still sounds like a chipper, semi-young man.

He's still sharp, and can still carry the broadcast by himself.

He's still sharp, and can still carry the broadcast by himself.

We have Eric Nadel who is pretty damn good. He was partnered with Mark Holtz for a long time before Mark passed away in the late 90's. Now Nadel is partnered with Steve Busby who is okay. Nadel Rocks though. I used to love listening to the games on the radio. What an art!