2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

http://youtu.be/aroZsfJQwQo

A brilliant summary of the 2015 Red Sox season.

How was the 2014 Cubs' season? 2013? 2012? . . .

. . . 1909?

I guess when the past is all you've got...

2013 is the "past" to a Cubs fan?

It should be the past to everyone...

. . . 1909?

It is. Context is everything though. It's not the distant, Losing It style, past. Three years ago the Red Sox finished last too. The next year they won it all.

Speaking of the past, for how long have the Cubbies been on the precipice of greatness?

. . . 1909?

It is. Context is everything though. It's not the distant, Losing It style, past. Three years ago the Red Sox finished last too. The next year they won it all.

Speaking of the past, for how long have the Cubbies been on the precipice of greatness?

Define precipice.

. . . 1909?

Define precipice.

Brink.

Imo my tigers did the right thing on trades. Looks like they got sone good young arms.

I hope the can sign cespedes back after the season

. . . 1909?

Define precipice.

Brink.

Well, that was certainly helpful. :wacko:

I don't ever remember this many good young players coming up at the same time.

AJ Burnett on the Bucs DL

Yeah, I guess it explains all the trouble he had yesterday against Cincinnati! 15-5 is pretty lopsided. Much better tonight. Starling Marte rules! :)

Yeah, I guess it explains all the trouble he had yesterday against Cincinnati! 15-5 is pretty lopsided. Much better tonight. Starling Marte rules! :)

But . . . Cubs next series is against the Bucs . . . better for you I guess if Marte is not so hot . . . . ;)

But . . . Cubs next series is against the Bucs . . . better for you I guess if Marte is not so hot . . . . ;)

Hopefully a fun one! Happ's not looking too good lately and in place of Burnett he's going against Arrieta.

Hopefully a fun one! Happ's not looking too good lately and in place of Burnett he's going against Arrieta.

Yeah, could be a challenging evening for the Bucs Tuesday!

Edited by blueschica

. . . 1909?

Define precipice.

Brink.

Well, that was certainly helpful. :wacko:

I don't ever remember this many good young players coming up at the same time.

Have you asked anyone born in 1909? Or 1939?

Dodgers beat the Angels 3-1!!!!

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Kershaw extends hitless inning streak to 37. Badass.

Edited by goose

My expectations for and emotional investment in the Jays are lower this year... middle of the division finish is my prediction. Pitching won't be strong enough. Go ahead and prove me wrong!

Jays are mediocre as I predicted. 45 and 46. I haven't watched a baseball game yet this year.... Not feeling it

OK, the David Price acquisition has my interest. It's an attempt to address the pitching weakness I mentioned at on Feb 15.

Price will be making his Jays debut tomorrow... It will be a holiday here in Ontario, so I will be watching (my first baseball game of the year).

• Like 2

Seventh inning against the Dodgers has been a NINE RUN INNING for the Pirates and they are not finished yet! Let's sweep 'em!!!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/images_1.jpeg

• Like 1

Mike Napoli is on his way back to the Texas Rangers, and I'm the happiest Rangers' fan on the face of the earth!!! :7up:

Congrats on that - nice pickup. Rangers are positioned to make a playoff bid if they press.

The Red Sox fire sale is underway. Victorino is gone - management shakeup with Lucchino's at the end of the season. Papi's contract renewed but I don't think that he has many seasons left in the tank. Red Sox don't quite know where to go from here, it seems. No one is really talking about them this year (other than how bad they are). It's all about the stupid PSI in leather covered, rubber bladders. :sigh:

I think they have problems with Farrell and I'm totally schadenfreude about it. :)

edit: typing

Edited by CygnusGal

Mike Napoli is on his way back to the Texas Rangers, and I'm the happiest Rangers' fan on the face of the earth!!! :7up:

Congrats on that - nice pickup. Rangers are positioned to make a playoff bid if they press.

The Red Sox fire sale is underway. Victorino is gone - management shakeup with Lucchino's at the end of the season. Papi's contract renewed but I don't think that he has many seasons left in the tank. Red Sox don't quite know where to go from here, it seems. No one is really talking about them this year (other than how bad they are). It's all about the stupid PSI in leather covered, rubber bladders. :sigh:

I think they have problems with Farrell and I'm totally schadenfreude about it. :)

Hey, CG! Nice to see you around again. :)

I think Farrell and Cherington are gone after this season. Two straight seasons like this aren't going to get it done. I mean, we're not Cubs fans for goodness sakes. ;)

• Like 2

Waiting for the Cardinals to slip......not looking very likely

Yes, I wish Burnett were not injured but the Bucs are playing well right now- hoping they can pull out a few wins on this road trip that is starting . . .

• Like 1

Yes, I wish Burnett were not injured but the Bucs are playing well right now- hoping they can pull out a few wins on this road trip that is starting . . .

3 games against them for you guys, could do some more damage. I think WATT was right in saying that the NLC title race will be close between the three teams.

12 wins out of our last 13 and we're only 3.5 behind the Pirates...

• Like 1

3 games against them for you guys, could do some more damage. I think WATT was right in saying that the NLC title race will be close between the three teams.

12 wins out of our last 13 and we're only 3.5 behind the Pirates...

Yeah, it will be a fun run! Can't help but wonder if Geddy is relaxing somewhere enjoying the run the Blue Jays are having! :)

• Like 1

Hey, CG! Nice to see you around again. :)

I think Farrell and Cherington are gone after this season. Two straight seasons like this aren't going to get it done. I mean, we're not Cubs fans for goodness sakes. ;)

:LOL:

Hey Rick! :hug2: :hi: Good to be around ... I'm always on the fringe (at least) ... some would say on the edge ... :crazy:

I think the RedSox are in for a longer string than two straight bad seasons. There's talk this morning of trading Panda. I think that would be the proverbial fork. For all their faults, Theo and Duquette (I think a lot of Luchinno's success was from the seeds sown by Duquette - though Luchinno made some great moves on his own) were the best thing that happened to the Red Sox in generations. Now, Theo is in Chicago. It will take some time, but I'm optimistic for them - go Cubs! Too bad Francona departed Boston so badly (pretty shabby treatment by Boston management, fans, and media), the Sox could use a strong manager now.

And, hind sight leads me to believe we dodged a bullet with the way things unfolded with Farrell. I sure didn't feel that way when it happened.

I'm sorry John Gibbons. Time and tempering has shown you to be a far more capable manager than I initially believed. You have the staff, now win the division!

Go Blue Jays! :cheerleader:

• Like 1