2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Hello baseball fans!

Detroit tigers crew checking in. Rough 1/2 half and no miggy for awhile. Could be a long 2nd half....

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/images_1.jpeg

Pirates come from behind in extra innings AGAIN to beat the Cardinals tonight, 6-5. Great way to go into the All Star break! :)

• Like 1

AJ Burnett should have played in the All-Star game. He's a 17-year veteran and was named to his first All-Star game in what is going to be his last season. He should have been a priority over Kershaw, who wasn't even originally on the team. :rage: Edited by blueschica

Midway point and things are working out as expected in the AL West. Angels are on top, the "stros have lost 6 straight and are moving in the right direction, south. Somehow the A's are only 8.5 back. Might as well be 85, however.

Vogt still kicks ass!

My expectations for and emotional investment in the Jays are lower this year... middle of the division finish is my prediction. Pitching won't be strong enough. Go ahead and prove me wrong!

Jays are mediocre as I predicted. 45 and 46. I haven't watched a baseball game yet this year.... Not feeling it

My expectations for and emotional investment in the Jays are lower this year... middle of the division finish is my prediction. Pitching won't be strong enough. Go ahead and prove me wrong!

Jays are mediocre as I predicted. 45 and 46. I haven't watched a baseball game yet this year.... Not feeling it

My interest ebbs and flows by year. This is definitely an off year for baseball for me too.
  • Like 1

Midway point and things are working out as expected in the AL West. Angels are on top, the "stros have lost 6 straight and are moving in the right direction, south. Somehow the A's are only 8.5 back. Might as well be 85, however.

Vogt still kicks ass!

http://www.hardlyserious.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Vogt.jpg

• Like 1

Ugh, today is the worst day on the calendar. It's bad enough we don't have any of the big four to keep us occupied the day after the All Star Game..... but now they have made it worst with the freaking ESPYs. Seriously, it's as if ESPN is purposefully saying, "Yeah, you're gonna watch this s*** and you are going to hate it.... but you *are* going to watch it."

Ugh, today is the worst day on the calendar. It's bad enough we don't have any of the big four to keep us occupied the day after the All Star Game..... but now they have made it worst with the freaking ESPYs. Seriously, it's as if ESPN is purposefully saying, "Yeah, you're gonna watch this s*** and you are going to hate it.... but you *are* going to watch it."

I watched the AAA all-star game. I'm not watching the ESPYs.

Vogt still kicks ass!

I

Beleive

I beleve in....

They can't catch up because they cant put a good string of wins together. Lets face it they may as well be sellers at the dealine. Esp if they can get a good return on Zobrist and Clippars. I think Kazmir may be done but If they find some interest they may as well flip him.

However I am prepared to at crow. Go fuckn A's!!!

Vogt still kicks ass!

Wait? So that is *not* Goose? :huh:

Vogt still kicks ass!

Wait? So that is *not* Goose? :huh:

Holy smokes, he does kinda look like Goose

• Like 1

Detroit tigers fan checking in. Not a great year for us so far, but we are kinda spoiled. Too many injuries but i feel we will make a run for wild card.

Realky miss going to ball park since i left detroit...

Congratulations to Max Scherzer on his no hitter today against the Pirates!

OK Doc, I have Joe Ross in my minor's slot on my fantasy team and brought him up last week for his start. I love this kid! I have another minor leaguer on my bench to fill his slot, so it's no big deal if I leave him up, but have you heard any poop on whether he's going to stay up or not?

Looks like the fire sales have begun...

Kazmir to Houston (a trade within your own division? You are a crafty one, you zany Oakland As).

Ramirez goes back to home Pitt (another trade within the division, but I am pretty sure it's just because Milwaukee thinks they are in the PCL at this point.... plus Ramirez has said this is his last season.... nice for him to get a shot with meaningful contender).

Still waiting on word for Samardzija, Cueto, and the rest of the guys from teams hanging it up for 2015...

Looks like the fire sales have begun...

Kazmir to Houston (a trade within your own division? You are a crafty one, you zany Oakland As).

Ramirez goes back to home Pitt (another trade within the division, but I am pretty sure it's just because Milwaukee thinks they are in the PCL at this point.... plus Ramirez has said this is his last season.... nice for him to get a shot with meaningful contender).

Still waiting on word for Samardzija, Cueto, and the rest of the guys from teams hanging it up for 2015...

Ha, yeah next is Zobrist and hopefully Clippard. they can trade Clippard for breadrumbs for all I care.

I hope the Cubs stand pat rather than mortgage their future for a shot at a one game playoff. Seems like the height of myopia to me.

I hope the Cubs stand pat rather than mortgage their future for a shot at a one game playoff. Seems like the height of myopia to me.

I would understand if the Cubs traded some talent for quality pitching this off-season because they will likely get a better deal in that time frame, but I am with you on their needing to show some restraint at the deadline.

I would imagine they will stand pat. Yes, there is a need for pitching, but the solution won't come from a one player addition. And, to your point, they would likely have to give up too much in a mid-season, rent-a-player trade.

Besides, they are currently sitting on the 4th best record in the NL and on pace for an 87-75 campaign. I am not sure they need to tweak their roster to stay in the WC hunt. At this point, it really comes down to a race between Chicago, San Fran, and *maybe* Atlanta.

• Like 1

I would understand if the Cubs traded some talent for quality pitching this off-season because they will likely get a better deal in that time frame, but I am with you on their needing to show some restraint at the deadline.

I would imagine they will stand pat. Yes, there is a need for pitching, but the solution won't come from a one player addition. And, to your point, they would likely have to give up too much in a mid-season, rent-a-player trade.

Besides, they are currently sitting on the 4th best record in the NL and on pace for an 87-75 campaign. I am not sure they need to tweak their roster to stay in the WC hunt. At this point, it really comes down to a race between Chicago, San Fran, and *maybe* Atlanta.

I watched the Braves play last week. When Freddie Freeman comes back he'd be their only hitter. They have decent pitching, but not much else. Their iineup MAY be worse than the Mets!

Vogt still kicks ass!

Right on!